• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading that Fox has even been going at Trump, calling him out on lies and showing his own words.

This debate will not change the trajectory of the election. Hopefully, it will cause him to lose by more and thus the House/Senate as well.

Gore 2000

CvLeAYPWcAEbp3K.jpg

I don't think Gore gets enough credit for being a genuine mensch

Not as much as you'd expect, I fear. Paul Ryan barely stepped on Trump's toes with a private GOP meeting with members of Congress, and Trump ripped his head off and started an open war with the Republican party. Candidates are gun shy now. They don't want to cross Trump, because they know they need the deplorables.

They're gonna take their chances. I suspect by Friday afternoon you're going to see a trickle. Saturday the dam breaks hoping to bury it before Monday. If they jump at the same time, he can't call em out by name

BSsBrolly

Banned
I've been reading that Fox has even been going at Trump, calling him out on lies and showing his own words.

This debate will not change the trajectory of the election. Hopefully, it will cause him to lose by more and thus the House/Senate as well.

Hillary slayed his ass tonight. It should add at least a point. (Numbers pulled from my ass, results may vary).

Hazmat

She certainly looks like the campaign is taking a toll on her.

Yeah, I don't want to be judgmental of her appearance because that's an unfair thing that happens to women, but this is what I'd expect her to look like if she started drinking now, blacked out, and someone knocked on her door at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah, I don't want to be judge mental of her appearance because that's an unfair thing that happens to women, but this is what I'd expect her to look like if she started drinking now, blacked out, and someone knocked on her door at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.
I'll go ahead and say Giuliani looks like he's dying.

Deplorable sack of shit.

shiba5

There's a 30 years of Clinton and Trump slide show already up on Hillary's website - almost as if she was prepared for it to come up in the debate.

I always figured Pence would come out. Or they'd just release a statement.
Pence makes more sense. I'd put my money on that or a statement from the RNC.

But honestly I think the blowout will be so bad he won't have the nerve. After all, sending a letter to the NYT is the closest he's come to follow up on his sabre rattling.

Lmao Van vigorously nodding at the Trump surrogate talking about why he won the nomination.

Van has a lot of fuckery to catch up on after the Right got his scalp back in W's term.

The man is smart as fuck, and doesn't take shit. He will have his own show at some point. Jet fuel can't melt Van

Ecotic

Presidential campaigns are about as bad on the body as they come. I remember watching the Clinton '92 campaign documentary and before the New Hampshire primary they're all in a cheap hotel room having slept for a few hours eating corn flakes out of styrofoam bowls. They all just looked miserable.

Blader

Riding high on hopium after that debate. Holy shit.

I think Trump was having his best performance up until the 30 minute mark, where, like clockwork, he just completely unraveled again, worse than in the other two debates. Hillary consistently had her strongest performance of the three -- a slam fucking dunk. Substantive policy answers on nearly every question, a few good zingers (Chinese steel, Putin/puppet, crocodile tears, Bernie, 30 years comparisons, etc.), a more aggressive approach than she had deployed the last two times, and a brilliant closing statement that she clearly prepped thoroughly for that Trump was scrambling to match.

Also, Wallace was an excellent moderator. I thought he would've done a fine job before tonight, but he blew away my expectations. I agree that there was a more right-leaning framing to a number of the questions, but I think he was fair and equally tough on both candidates for the most part, and did a good job of corralling the crowd; I think this was actually the debate with the fewest number of crowd reactions.

Hillary had her best debate, Wallace proved to be the best moderator, and Trump collapsed yet again though it was probably too late for him to reverse the momentum back toward him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom