• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
Pick your odds for the inside reports from Trump Tower on election night

A) Complete bubble that violently bursts, everyone shocked, all true believers and Kool-Aid drinkers

B) Everyone knows except Donald and maybe one or two of the more sychophantic staffers, they all have to coddle and reassure him as the results come in, and the night becomes more and more terrifying as he realizes that something is wrong and becomes surlier and more colicky until full on shouting meltdown as he realizes what's happened

B

My apologies for this, but:

Glenn Beck ‏@glennbeck 29m29 minutes ago
When trump says he respect women, does that include him saying 'such a nasty women' in a presidential debate?

This fucking election.

Lol CNN guy just called Trump's performance Alec Baldwin like.

jbug617

Banned
Gloria Allred just released a statement
CvLZsM9VYAAsAZV.jpg

For anyone who thinks this refusal to accept Clinton's victory isn't huge, this is the first line in the AP summary of the debate:

"LAS VEGAS — Threatening to upend a basic pillar of American democracy, ..."

That's what is going to be printed in every small newspaper in the country tomorrow.

Strimei

My apologies for this, but:

Glenn Beck ‏@glennbeck 29m29 minutes ago
When trump says he respect women, does that include him saying 'such a nasty women' in a presidential debate?

If you told me some years ago (or hell, earlier this year. Or a few months ago, even) that I'd actually approve of something Beck said, I'd think you crazy.

What a goddamn world we live in.

guys can we just now take a moment to reflect that Hillary has won the presidency and we as a country nominated the first black president and first female president back to back and both were Democrats?

I mean really let this sink in how incredible this all is.
I'm already thinking about 2020. Rubio must not win Florida's US senate.

Loxley

Legitimate question - are we able to swear in a new President if the losing candidate doesn't concede? Like, could Trump hold up the whole process? I know he has the right to ask for a recount, but can it go farther than that?

I'm already thinking about 2020. Rubio must not win Florida's US senate.

I've got some bad news for you..

Legitimate question - are we able to swear in a new President if the losing candidate doesn't concede? Like, could Trump hold up the whole process? I know he has the right to ask for a recount, but can it go farther than that?

Trump could file a lawsuit like Bush v Gore but once the Supreme Court laughs him out of the building it doesn't matter. This is all about the principle that both parties respect the outcome of an election and at least appear to come together for the country.

For anyone who thinks this refusal to accept Clinton's victory isn't huge, this is the first line in the AP summary of the debate:

"LAS VEGAS — Threatening to upend a basic pillar of American democracy, ..."

That's what is going to be printed in every small newspaper in the country tomorrow.

Yup. We can breathe easy now. This election is officially over.

NeoXChaos

Electoral College votes and certifies so yes.

Diablos

This is why I'm scared. Trump is legit fear mongering people into thinking he's powerful enough to challenge his loss and turn it into a win, delegitimizing the importance of voting.

Kellyanne Conway is leaving a big "if" for accepting a loss which is basically going to be rooted in alt right conspiracy theories about apparent voter fraud on Election Day.

I feel sick.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yes. Concession is merely etiquette and tradition, not a requirement.

Zeke

Pick your odds for the inside reports from Trump Tower on election night

A) Complete bubble that violently bursts, everyone shocked, all true believers and Kool-Aid drinkers

B) Everyone knows except Donald and maybe one or two of the more sychophantic staffers, they all have to coddle and reassure him as the results come in, and the night becomes more and more terrifying as he realizes that something is wrong and becomes surlier and more colicky until full on shouting meltdown as he realizes what's happened
Five on A. A lot of his base is unhinged enough to believe he can win and if doesn't it's because the election is rigged. I don't expect any violence more like Romney tears 2.0 with some extra fireworks.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I can't believe trump thinks abortions can happen in the 9th month.. Or a day before scheduled delivery date

I can, viability is the current Supreme Court ruling, and it's a fair one.

Ok Poligaf, do we think that Hillary is gonna win Florida hard enough to unseat Rubio? I do.

Odds certainly just went up ;)

Lindsay Graham's statement is what you'd hope to hear from the GOP leadership but you won't. Graham's hatred for Trump is so well documented, though. I want to see a few more GOP candidates break from Trump but the way he lashed out last time, I don't think we'll see much more than a few long time NeverTrumps speaking out.

Yes.

The concession is purely a tradition, there is no legal requirement for the losing candidate to accept the results.

In fact he can only demand recounts in states where the margin is below a certain threshold, as far as I know. I doubt Hillary's winning margin is low enough in enough states to keep us waiting on the overall result. But I guess he could ask anyway? He just wouldn't have much grounds to do so.

someone on CNN just mentioned the 100 GOP Senate candidates have to answer for the rigged thing.

Nope. Not in Cali. We have no GOP candidate, just 2 Dems!

Cyanity

Banned
This is why I'm scared. Trump is legit fear mongering people into thinking he's powerful enough to challenge his loss and turn it into a win, delegitimizing the importance of voting.

Kellyanne Conway is leaving a big "if" for accepting a loss which is basically going to be rooted in alt right conspiracy theories about apparent voter fraud on Election Day.

I feel sick.

The alt right is a lot smaller than you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom