• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, so many times Trump's answers were so incoherent. And it was so obvious next to Hillary.

Wallace: Secretary Clinton, would you accept a grand bargain of tax raises and entitlement cuts.

Hillary: I would raise taxes by raising the SS cap and would ask the wealthy to pay their fair share but I would not cut entitlements at all.

Trump: THE COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL AND ISIS. AND BIGLY.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Man, so many times Trump's answers were so incoherent. And it was so obvious next to Hillary.

Wallace: Secretary Clinton, would you accept a grand bargain of tax raises and entitlement cuts.

Hillary: I would raise taxes by raising the SS cap and would ask the wealthy to pay their fair share but I would not cut entitlements at all.

Trump: THE COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL AND ISIS. AND BIGLY.

Especially since it's a temporary problem.

That rarely gets mentioned.

Seriously though, how is Trump's team letting him take cocaine before these debates if that's what all the sniffing and projection about drug testing is about?

Taking cocaine before a debate seems like a bad idea.

That bit is one of my favorites from her Hillary. Her exaggerated recreation of cold shouldering Chafee is also a classic.

OMG I just tracked that one down, amazing, but fuck that wasn't even my fav part of that sketch, my fav part was "Get into bed with me ,Hillary Clinton, you can be the big spoon and I'll be downstairs hard at work" That encapsulates Clinton to a T

McKinnon is the funniest woman in the US

https://youtu.be/pfmwGAd1L-o?t=565

9:25

CCS

Banned
Seriously, Hillary I think has to be one of the most underrated debaters in politics. Only time she's ever really been beaten was by Obama, and with the exception of the first debate against Romney he's always been untouchable.

Seriously, Hillary I think has to be one of the most underrated debaters in politics. Only time she's ever really been beaten was by Obama, and with the exception of the first debate against Romney he's always been untouchable.
Most people would say Hillary actually won most of their primary debates - the best Obama was able to do by the end of the campaign was tie.

Hillary didn't lose the 08 primary because Obama outdebated her, if anything she was probably still in the running because of her debating skills.

Maledict

Obama didn't beat her - she's generally considered to have won all but one of the primary debates in 2008. Obama wasn't (and still isnt tbh) as good a debater as her, and her command of policy and detail is second to absolutely no-one.

CCS

Banned
Most people would say Hillary actually won most of their primary debates - the best Obama was able to do by the end of the campaign was tie.

Hillary didn't lose the 08 primary because Obama outdebated her, if anything she was probably still in the running because of her debating skills.

Obama didn't beat her - she's generally considered to have won all but one of the primary debates in 2008. Obama wasn't (and still isnt tbh) as good a debater as her, and her command of policy and detail is second to absolutely no-one.

Fair enough, I don't remember it very well because I was only 13 at the time #makingyoufeelold :p

Veelk

Banned
It's almost kind of unfortunate how much of politics is based around the celebrity profile of the candidates. Hillary is never going to have the public presence and charisma of her competitors, but her skill set makes her one of the best politicians of our generation. I love Obama, but I often wonder how things could have been different if Hillary had won the 2008 primary instead. With her notorious ability to work with people who hate her, we might not have had the congressional gridlock that Obama's administration suffered. Not to say that it's his fault, but it's just a thought of how things could have gone another way.

I mean she pulled a fucking 1980s advertisement Trump made out from god knows where just to bait Trump to diss Reagan.... and he did.

Boom.
Clinton is phenomenal.

It's almost kind of unfortunate how much of politics is based around the celebrity profile of the candidates. Hillary is never going to have the public presence and charisma of her competitors, but her skill set makes her one of the best politicians of our generation. I love Obama, but I often wonder how things could have been different if Hillary had won the 2008 primary instead. With her notorious ability to work with people who hate her, we might not have had the congressional gridlock that Obama's administration suffered. Not to say that it's his fault, but it's just a thought of how things could have gone another way.

The sad truth is that if Hillary wasn't a Clinton she almost certainly wouldn't even be the nominee, let alone winning. However that is no indictment of her as someone like Trump may claim, but of our society. I'm very excited that a politician like Hillary is almost certainly going to be the President.

The sad truth is that if Hillary wasn't a Clinton she almost certainly wouldn't even be the nominee, let alone winning. However that is no indictment of her as someone like Trump may claim, but of our society. I'm very excited that a politician like Hillary is almost certainly going to be the President.

Well unless she alongside not being a Clinton she was also a man then she'd probably be the nominee and everyone would love her.

Well unless she alongside not being a Clinton she was also a man then she'd probably be the nominee and everyone would love her.

I'm not 100% on that, unless we talk about how she'd probably be less afraid to be herself if she was a man. But she's not flashy or seen as a charismatic. She's a career politician. Not many people like that make it far in Presidential elections. Charisma tends to win, I feel, based on the ones I've witnessed.

I'm not 100% on that, unless we talk about how she'd probably be less afraid to be herself if she was a man. But she's not flashy or seen as a charismatic. She's a career politician. Not many people like that make it far in Presidential elections. Charisma tends to win, I feel, based on the ones I've witnessed.

I think if she didn't feel she had to conceal herself as much as she does because women can't literally be emotional, or unemotional lmao then she might have more charisma... but maybe not

I mean she might have had a shot at running for President far earlier than 2016 if she were a man

Hard to say.

Cerium

_91993740_nasty3.png

Veelk

Banned
To put a more positive spin on things, one of the things that I think made Hillary what she is now is the experiences she had being rejected. You know that old saying that a woman has to do twice as good a job to be recognized as half as valuable? It's like she realized that and just went "Challenge accepted." So she indeed went on to be just that goddamn good, studying policy and negotiating until she was blue in the face. And every failure she had was just an opportunity to get better. When she lost to Obama and took her licks, she took the job of secretary of state, and now look where we are. We've never had a presidential candidate this prepared for the role.

Hillary Clinton isn't perfect, but I find her as inspirational as Obama, but in a completely different way. Obama made hope his slogan, while Hillary made hope her life goal, never giving up no matter how much the whole goddamn world tried to keep her down. And most people who are never actually try to empathize with her because they disagree with her politics or don't find her personable or whatever, it'll never even occur them to consider the amount of shit this woman had to go through to become the person she is.

I don't think anyone is obligated to like Hillary, but it seems ridiculous for someone to not respect her raw tenacity.

Amir0x

Banned
I think if she didn't feel she had to conceal herself as much as she does because women can't literally be emotional, or unemotional lmao then she might have more charisma... but maybe not

I mean she might have had a shot at running for President far earlier than 2016 if she were a man

Hard to say.

That interview Hillary gave discussing how she learned early on to conceal her emotions even while taking an exam in college and the men were saying itd be her fault if they went to vietnam was heartbreaking in some ways.

She seems genuinely personable to everyone who she considers an intimate, but this public figure role just doesnt fit her comfortably like a sock. Her public persona is manufactured at some fundamental level because of how differently women are treated. And it has made people think of her as cold and humourless. I think thats a shame she feels she has to hide that more outwardly empathetic side.

Found this on WrestleGAF

Going back to the period where Donald Trump worked a few shows, including the period when they did the angle where Trump bought Raw from Vince (that they had to abort in about three weeks when the stock price tanked because people actually bought the storyline as real and were going on a selling spree) and his record setting PPV where Vince lost his hair, WWE paying Trump’s pay to the Donald J. Trump Foundation Charity allowed WWE to write it off as a charity expense, and allowed Trump to get it without declaring it as income. In 2007, the year he did WrestleMania, the WWE donated $5 million to the Trump Foundation. But it’s come out that a lot of Foundation money was used to settle lawsuits

No link because I'm guessing it's from David Meltzer and that stuff is beyond serious paywalls.

sazzy

When Donald said "such a nasty woman" I'm pretty sure what he really wanted to say was "such a bitch".

Watch the clip. His brief hesitation and expression goes so much better with the latter phrase.

sazzy

morning joe is going over all the times democrats have played the rigged election claim in 2000, 2004, 2006, etc

tmarg

When Donald said "such a nasty woman" I'm pretty sure what he really wanted to say was "such a bitch".

Watch the clip. His brief hesitation and expression goes so much better with the latter phrase.

He said what he said and it's bad enough without trying to speculate about what he "wanted to say".

Lol, just started watching...

Even this first answer. Wuuuut? Like really, what?

Well, first of all, it’s great to be with you, and thank you, everybody. The Supreme Court: It’s what it’s all about. Our country is so, so — it’s just so imperative that we have the right justices.

Something happened recently where Justice Ginsburg made some very, very inappropriate statements toward me and toward a tremendous number of people, many, many millions of people that I represent. And she was forced to apologize. And apologize she did. But these were statements that should never, ever have been made.

We need a Supreme Court that in my opinion is going to uphold the Second Amendment, and all amendments, but the Second Amendment, which is under absolute siege. I believe if my opponent should win this race, which I truly don’t think will happen, we will have a Second Amendment which will be a very, very small replica of what it is right now. But I feel that it’s absolutely important that we uphold, because of the fact that it is under such trauma.

I feel that the justices that I am going to appoint — and I’ve named 20 of them — the justices that I’m going to appoint will be pro-life. They will have a conservative bent. They will be protecting the Second Amendment. They are great scholars in all cases, and they’re people of tremendous respect. They will interpret the Constitution the way the founders wanted it interpreted. And I believe that’s very, very important.

I don’t think we should have justices appointed that decide what they want to hear. It’s all about the Constitution of — of — and so important, the Constitution the way it was meant to be. And those are the people that I will appoint.

KMS

Morning Joe so salty acting like there isn't a difference between supporters upset after the fact with the presidential nominee claiming rigged before hand.

Cyanity

Banned
But guys, the Supreme Court is what it's all about. WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB, LOOK AT ME! (paidforbytheTrumpforPresident2016foundation)

Meanwhile, on CNN, they've been shitting on Trump continuously since 4 eastern. Ruthless, brutal, unrelenting. Even all of the fact checks from last night and this morning are in Clinton's favor. Given how well she shifted off quid pro quo I don't know if she had a single weak segment the whole debate. 5+ days of prep showed. She's a case study in showing the worth of taking time off the trail to nail the debates. Trump gave her shit each time for prepping/"resting" and she humiliates him repeatedly. Hard to argue with results.

Discussions have been awesome. "Trump was mostly coherent and I guess sort of had a message but he blows it all in an instant with some of this insane shit." Like the liberal commentators pity the conservatives and comfort them about how they swear Trump was almost good on a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom