• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joy Reid giving all the credit to Clinton for baiting Trump.

Chris Matthews literally sucks tonight.

He is one of the worst moderators of multiple people on tv. His one talent is pressing people 1 on 1 in interviews but he's terrible otherwise.

I can't wait for Trump to attack Chris Wallace tomorrow and Fox will have to distance themselves from that. I'm still amazed at how well he did reigning in Trump and the audience. He is wasted at Fox.

Snake

fresh new crystal balls

ROAnJ6.png

My breakfast plans for tomorrow have shifted from Likely Cereal to Leans McMuffin.

Veelk

Banned
I know the debates don't historically move the needle much, much less the third debate 3 weeks before election, but I do hope that Hillary is rewarded for that savage performance with something. At this point, I'll be shocked and disappointed if we don't get the full sweep by getting the presidency, house, and senate. There are few ways that Hillary could have run a better campaign against a deplorable man who couldn't have run a worse one. There is no reason the democrats shouldn't have it all this election cycle.

I know the debates don't historically move the needle much, much less the third debate 3 weeks before election, but I do hope that Hillary is rewarded for that savage performance with something. At this point, I'll be shocked and disappointed if we don't get the full sweep by getting the presidency, house, and senate. There are few ways that Hillary could have run a better campaign against a deplorable man who couldn't have run a worse one. There is no reason the democrats shouldn't have it all this election cycle.
The current status quo is reward enough for Hillary and her team.

Syncytia

Did Le Monde change their headline, or was that never a real thing? I could've sworn I looked it up on my phone earlier and it did indeed say "Trump refuses to accept eventual defeat"

so did anyone else notice how she started baiting him immediately after the sniffles started?

"The media wants to talk about sniffles. The crooked media rigging this election wants to talk about sniffles. Can you believe this? I, look, the mics in those debates are, I mean, can you hear me sniffling now? You can't hear that, right? Those mics in the debate are... and then you have people speculating about drugs, I mean get... Carrie Fisher, who sucks as an actress, by the way, Carrie Fisher said I do coke. Give me a break. Carrie Fisher is the one who, and she hasn't been in anything good, I think her best role was When Harry Met Sally and she wasn't even good in that, but Carrie Fisher knows a thing or two about coke but I was the one who offered to take a drug test, but would Crooked Hillary? She needs drugs just to stand on stage, believe me."

Slacker

Andy Daly ‏@TVsAndyDaly 2m2 minutes ago
Trump did exactly what he came here to do tonight - clear up any misperception that he apologized to his wife.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hahahaha. So I saw this on CNN:

Erin Burnett: If somebody you know and trust told you that Donald Trump sexually assaulted them, would that change your opinion on him?
Giuliani: I can't answer a hypothetical. That's like, if I asked you (referring to Marc Cuban) if somebody told you that Hillary murdered someone, would that change your opinion of Hillary.
Cuban: Yes.
Giuliani: Uh...well, okay but it's still a hypothetical.
Burnett: Yeah, but Marc answered that hypothetical. Will you?
Giuliania: Uh.......

TheCrow

Listening to the 538 podcast. Trump questioning the election process convinced Harry Enten to vote. lol

Edit: Even 538 is mocking the now cast. Poor Bad Nate.

sazzy

This is interesting.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...2016-polling-turnout-early-voting-data-213897

Summary:

Donald hasn't brought in new voters into the GOP. He brought reliable general-election GOP voters, who never voted during the primaries, into the primary election process for the first time.

Unless the GOP changes the primary process, all these "new" primary voters are probably going to end up electing a Donald-type character in the next primaries again.

These feel so much better to watch the second time because I'm not a nervous wreck.

She butchered him though. My god. Had an answer for absolutely everything and probably 50 more things that didn't come up. Managed a pivot on her weakest subject. Flipped the script on the Clinton Foundation, flipped the script on the long career. More humiliation on foreign policy. Teased him for not paying taxes, using foreign materials and hiring illegal immigrants and he didn't try to deny any of it. Could only try to claim her donors cheated taxes even more than he did.

Wonder if anyone in Trump's campaign will actually try to scold him for the "nasty woman" near the end. Like really, what an awful way to close. And a closing argument of "America sucks and Obama ruined it" is not particularly convincing. The only policies he's actually presented and stuck with the entire campaign is massive tax cuts and a muslim ban. 3 debates and not a single other vague hint of ideas. You can be negative, but only saying "they suck" won't attract any new voters.

Climate change and LGBT issues never came up this year, which is a bummer.

I want to know which beautiful 400 pound cyber rigged the Breitbart poll so that Hillary won. Because you, sir or madam, get all my respect points.

Pixieking

Banned
I honestly have no idea. I saw someone retweet it, I tried to find the context, none was provided. I extracted the video (hate how Twitter turns gifs into mp4s) and turned it into this shareable gif.

Original tweet: https://twitter.com/ziwe/status/788958569320292352

Mwahah... Cheers for the original tweet link. I'm probably going to end up watching the debate with my wife, so we'll catch what it's referring to then. :)

Hmm, it's going to be impossible to pass any climate change bills because no one cares about climate change as shown by this entire campaign.

And these executive orders will all be rescinded once a Republican becomes president.

I'm so glad that people are so dumb about being able to understand future events that millions of people in India and Bangladesh will die. Very strong work, everyone.

I'm so very impressed with Hillary. These debates have perfectly illustrated how composed and unfazed she is in the face of opposition, chaos and insanity.

I think 90% of elected officials would've lost their shit 5 minutes in.

Seeing one of her 'presidential qualities' displayed so clearly is a nice side effect of these three circus shows.

Slacker

What's the list of greatest hits coming out of this third debate?

I've already heard the Puppet line, there's something about Emmys as well?

You need the puppet line in all its glory. "NO PUPPET. NO PUPPET. YOU'RE THE PUPPET. (sad pause) YOU'RE THE PUPPET."

Other greatest hits would be "Nasty Woman" and "Bad Hombres."

I'm so very impressed with Hillary. These debates have perfectly illustrated how composed and unfazed she is in the face of opposition, chaos and insanity.

I think 90% of elected officials would've lost their shit 5 minutes in.

Seeing one of her 'presidential qualities' displayed so clearly is a nice side effect of these three circus shows.

It's why I love Kate McKinnon's version of Clinton, it's not a 1 for 1 impression as much as a portrayal of how literally badass she is.

https://youtu.be/9TrhG8P6D2I?t=202
If it doesn't load at the right time go to 3:22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom