• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazmat

uxCHG30.png

If I wasn't at work I would have laughed out loud.

Aside from how ridiculous this is, it kind of outs him as viewing what he's doing as normal and expected. In his mind all powerful men take what they want from young vulnerable women. This is like trying to explain to a dog that he's not supposed to chew and destroy your stuff, he just can't really grasp that he did something wrong.

Do different areas provide different amounts of information to voters about state-level and lower candidates?

For example, I vote in Oklahoma. I can find out a little about some of the candidates. My sheriff hates Obama. One of the state supreme court justices was a dissenter on the 10 Commandments case last year. But for lots of the candidates there is at best a Facebook page - sometimes not even that - and it is often uninformative ("X is running because he cares about Oklahoma"). Why not have the county election board require that candidates provide a paragraph that the board can put on its website organized by race, and maybe even have on handouts at the polling places.

Otherwise I've got to figure that straight-ticket voting is what almost everybody is doing. And I think Oklahoma judges basically always get retained just because nobody knows who they are (though this wouldn't do much about that).

Just like you, here in Florida we have to do our own research. I get a copy of my sample ballot and then do research on everything I can vote on. Takes me 20-30 minutes to actually gain some knowledge and even then I don't know everything. It's sad that some people just vote knowing absolutely nothing.

He said "she" first, then repeated it saying "that would not be my first choice." Someone said something about the Access Hollywood tape earlier (I think in the previous thread), when he and Billy Bush were talking about the soap actress Trump used the phrase "Oh, it looks good." Women are "it" and "that" to this guy. This is actually how Trump thinks.

Do different areas provide different amounts of information to voters about state-level and lower candidates?

For example, I vote in Oklahoma. I can find out a little about some of the candidates. My sheriff hates Obama. One of the state supreme court justices was a dissenter on the 10 Commandments case last year. But for lots of the candidates there is at best a Facebook page - sometimes not even that - and it is often uninformative ("X is running because he cares about Oklahoma"). Why not have the county election board require that candidates provide a paragraph that the board can put on its website organized by race, and maybe even have on handouts at the polling places.

Otherwise I've got to figure that straight-ticket voting is what almost everybody is doing. And I think Oklahoma judges basically always get retained just because nobody knows who they are (though this wouldn't do much about that).

In WA, we get voter booklets with candidate statements and a list of local and state endorsements for each candidate.

I also use online voting guides for local candidates, which I did during the primaries where there were three or four Democratic candidates on the ballot for any one position, and I had to pick the one that I thought was likeliest to get enough votes to finish top two (which didn't work for State Treasurer, sadly). I did a quick Google search, and other than an OK Evangelical Christian voting guide, I didn't come across anything. Maybe you can vote the opposite of that guide if you're so inclined, though.

Trump final speeches are literally: "Mexican Arab Carlos Slim and the (((globalists))) have planted fake stories about me sexually assaulting women. Those women were too ugly to sexually assault, as is Hillary Clinton."

This, along with reading campaign emails stolen by Russia, is how his final speeches are going.

This is literally happening.

Isn't trading a red state going purple for a larger purple state going red a bad deal though? I get that other places on the map have opened up, but we have yet to see if NC or AZ will turn as solid as Virginia did. Celebrating CO as a Virginia esque pull also seems premature since it's a bad state for Trump in a way it wasn't for Romney. I imagine it would definitely be competitive for a Republican that isn't bleeding college white voters.

Larger demographic shifts are definitely good for us, though, so maybe I'm just underestimating how solid the pickups will be in 4-8 years.

I'm sure more people have chimed in here, but a big plus for Arizona is that doing better there implies you'll do better in Texas, while doing better in Ohio doesn't really lead to anything at all.

Wouldn't it be amazing if voter turnout breached 60% of the voting age population this election? Or hell, even 70%?

For reference it was 54.9% in 2012 and 57.1% in 2008.

jmdajr

Trump final speeches are literally: "Mexican Arab Carlos Slim and the (((globalists))) have planted fake stories about me sexually assaulting women. Those women were too ugly to sexually assault, as is Hillary Clinton."

This, along with reading campaign emails stolen by Russia, is how his final speeches are going.

This is literally happening.

Is it against the law for campaigns to accept foreign money?
I assume it is.

Blader

Weren't we getting some kind of definitive proof that Trump did not sexually assault all of these women today?

We did, didn't you hear? The NYT is owned by an Arab-Mexican globalist elite conspiring against Trump. Also, why hasn't anyone accused Obama???

HTupolev

In WA, we get voter booklets with candidate statements and a list of local and state endorsements for each candidate.
Oh yeah, the general election booklets are kind of huge. Each initiative gets several pages of description including an abstract, a detailed description, cost estimates*, and a page with for and against arguments. Each candidate gets around half a page.

*Sometimes to the point of being kind of humorous. Right now for instance, Initiative 735 doesn't really have much direct cost to talk about, so they discuss postage stamps. :D

Zackat

Randy Perkins and Brian Mast are on my ticket, so I have seen a lot of stuff about them. I reason because it is actually competitive versus a lot of other ballots. Many places it seems like the house seats just coast to victory on the backs of other elections. I never have any idea about Judges though, they don't have anything.

Hey guys, let's play a guessing game about how many tweets Jill Stein has made (a serial tweeter, just like Trump) about Trump's sexual predation, in the last few days, or ever. I'll give everyone a hint:

Zero.

Past few days have been tweets shitting on Clinton, democrats, and Obama. Not a single outraged tweet about Trumps sexual assaults. Just in case someone thought this was actually a decent human being, and not someone with an agenda against a single party.

Joe

Hijacking the Republican Party and then complaining about hostility from the Republican Party might be the epitome of entitlement.

Hey guys, let's play a guessing game about how many tweets Jill Stein has made (a serial tweeter, just like Trump) about Trump's sexual predation, in the last few days, or ever. I'll give everyone a hint:

Zero.

Past few days have been tweets shitting on Clinton, democrats, and Obama. Not a single outraged tweet about Trumps sexual assaults. Just in case someone thought this was actually a decent human being, and not someone with an agenda against a single party.

Thank god she's politically irrelevant. Otherwise we have to deal with two pro-Putin stooges instead of just one.

Blader

Wait...seriously. Was this it? Pence said we'd get something...and this was actually it? This is all they had?

Well, maybe they have a 5pm bombshell that simultaneously discredits every one of the accusers (including the ones that came forward *after* the Trump campaign said they had evidence) that will have everyone talking over the weekend... but doesn't seem that way.

Do you think Pence and Trump talk at all to each other? Like, ever?

"He and I haven't spoken"

kirblar

Zero.

Well, she does have an agenda for a single party.

Paches

Trump basically confirmed at the 2nd debate that they don't.

Yeah, I saw and heard, but I am just wondering when was the last time they spoke on anything. It is pretty wild they are 2 completely different camps at this point, but Pence is still defending him to his dying breath. What a dumbass Pence is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom