• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be amazing if voter turnout breached 60% of the voting age population this election? Or hell, even 70%?

For reference it was 54.9% in 2012 and 57.1% in 2008.

If they wanted to consistently hit those numbers then they'd have a website and an iOS/Android app where you can vote as early as 30 days prior to election day. Then have a national/state holiday on the days of ejection. I feel confident turnout and voting would go up by a fair bit.

TS-08

Benjy Sarlin:

@KellyO reports Pence aides say they have no new information on evidence he said this morning was coming ASAP to exonerate Trump.

How much longer does Pence put up with this campaign?

Pence is a dumb motherfucker with zero conception of morality so until the end?

Pence's calculation is that in 2020 he will:
Get Trump voters because he supported Trump throughout 2016 as his VP.
Get establishment support after they see he is more disciplined than Trump.

Combine both to run for President in 2020.

1. That's voter intimidation.
2. The US uses secret ballots so they'd have no fucking way to know who voted what.

Technically what they're saying they'll do is mail records of who did and didn't vote in the neighborhood (which are public records) and using intentionally vague language. To clarify, I'm not defending the mailer here.

So, despite everyone saying ticket splitting is dead, it must be alive and well for Hillary and Rubio to both lead their competition in Florida. Unless this poll shows otherwise.

How do we combat this?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If you are not voting multiple times, you are not committed to stealing the election from the deplorables.

Technically what they're saying they'll do is mail records of who did and didn't vote in the neighborhood (which are public records) and using intentionally vague language. To clarify, I'm not defending the mailer here.

Also, the public data dumps that you can pull for the BOE shows which primaries you voted in. For example, the spreadsheet I have lists 530,000 voters for my county and for each person I can see whether they voted in the Dem or Rep primaries going back to 2010. They can totally "out" me as somebody who probably voted for Clinton once this election is over, because I have only voted in (D) primaries for the last six years.

So, despite everyone saying ticket splitting is dead, it must be alive and well for Hillary and Rubio to both lead their competition in Florida. Unless this poll shows otherwise.

How do we combat this?

Tie Rubio to Trump. Also I think polling definitely lags behind for the lesser Known candidate, in this case Murphy. Hopefully on election day he can eek out a victory even if he is behind in polls.

Something like 95 percent of abortions happen in the first trimester. The idea of women having abortions the day before they're due to deliver is a fiction invented by pro-life advocates. That shit doesn't happen, at least in any meaningful capacity (I don't know the stats off hand so the number of abortions performed 8-9 months in may not be literally zero).

I'm not surprised. My dad tried to use the same story about Hillary to try and dissuade me from voting Hillary.

Joeytj

Banned
This makes no senseeeeeeeeeeeeeee as a prediction.

giphy.gif

Hey guys

FBI just arrested 3 militia men planning to attack a housing complex + mosque in Kansas

I really hope that I'm wrong, but we are going to see some bad shit, even after Hillary wins. These crazy fuckers have been enabled and are going to be inspired by Trump's rhetoric.

Zukkoyaki

Some week or so old state polls from The Times - Picayune/Lucid (they do a pretty solid looking daily) all taken 10/7-10/10

PA:
- Clinton 45
- Trump 39

OH:
- Clinton 44
- Trump 39

IA:
- Clinton 42
- Trump 37

Kaban

PPP Florida Poll

HRC: 46
DT: 42
Johnson: 5
Stein: 1

H2H

HRC: 49
DT: 44

More at the link:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/10/clintons-florida-lead-continues-to-grow.html

edit: Damn you, ItWasMeantToBe!

Some choice statistics:

Alex Jones floated the notion this week that Hillary Clinton is actually a demon, and 40% of Drumpf voters say that they really do think Clinton is a demon to only 42% who dismiss that idea. This measurement pretty clearly shows that 40% of Drumpf's base is the InfoWars crowd, so they're not going to be too dissuaded by allegations of sexual misconduct.

One thing that gives motivation to 38% of Drumpf voters in Florida is that they think the country is inherently better off with a man as President, regardless of this year's candidates. It seems safe to say the folks who subscribe to that school of thought are unbothered by the last week of Drumpf revelations.

One thing that's helping Clinton's prospects in Florida is that voters say 52-43 they'd rather have another four years of Barack Obama as President than the sharp change of direction that a Drumpf presidency would represent. Undecided voters, by a 29 point margin, would rather have Obama than Drumpf. Those folks don't like Hillary Clinton or else they'd already be voting for her, but it seems they might go Clinton, or they might go third party, or they might stay home. But they're not likely to move to Drumpf, who literally not a single undecided voter in our poll said they had a positive opinion of.

-84% of Trump voters think that Hillary Clinton should be in prison, to only 6% who disagree with that notion. If you hate the opposing candidate so much you think she should be in jail, you're probably not jumping ship.

-Alex Jones floated the notion this week that Hillary Clinton is actually a demon, and 40% of Trump voters say that they really do think Clinton is a demon to only 42% who dismiss that idea. This measurement pretty clearly shows that 40% of Trump's base is the InfoWars crowd, so they're not going to be too dissuaded by allegations of sexual misconduct.

-We've talked all year about how there's a cult like aspect to Trump's following, and this finding might show it most of all: despite everything that's come out in the last week, 75% of Trump voters say they think that he respects women to only 9% who don't believe he does. Again, if you're willing to dismiss all the facts in front of you to the contrary, you're probably going to stay on board through election day.

-One thing that gives motivation to 38% of Trump voters in Florida is that they think the country is inherently better off with a man as President, regardless of this year's candidates. It seems safe to say the folks who subscribe to that school of thought are unbothered by the last week of Trump revelations.

-Trump's continued insinuations about voter fraud are having a definite impact on his supporters. 75% of them think that if Hillary Clinton wins the election it will be because it was rigged for her, to only 15% who believe a Clinton win would be because she received more votes.

Hillary was way too low regarding 50% deplorable.

I just watched this video, and I can't fucking believe I learned more about the actual facts of the email server than anywhere else. I love how John Oliver actually unpacks things and educates you with the details in a digestible yet entertaining way. Amazing how out of the two, Clinton comes off as so much more scandal ridden and corrupt, even though thats tnot the case. I guess relentless propaganda from the right will do that.

https://youtu.be/h1Lfd1aB9YI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom