• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is getting close.

It's official: Trump's going birtherism on the New York Times. Points out it's owned in part by Mexican Carlos Slim

Trump going thru all the allegations, blasting accuser, telling people to check her FB page, attacking media. This is it: Closing elxn pitch

Holy lord. Trump: Clinton walks in front of me during the debate. Walks in front of me. "Believe me, I wasn't impressed

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alex_Panetta/status/787001389222400000?p=v

Fuck him up, Hill.

He asked "why doesn't some woman come out and accuse Obama?"

I don't know, Donald. Maybe because he doesn't go around sexually assaulting women?

just curious b/c i'm not a lawyer, what kind of stuff do they need in court to prove these accusations occurred?

It'd be hard to prove because of the he said/she said unless there were witnesses. What makes Trump unique is the video tape of him bragging about doing this stuff. It'd be hard cases to bring up either way.

Pretty sure at this point everyone with a voice and a sense of reason should just burn his entire campaign down and salt the earth it was built on.

Link

The Autumn Wind
He asked "why doesn't some woman come out and accuse Obama?"

I don't know, Donald. Maybe because he doesn't go around sexually assaulting women?
He's not-so-subtly telling people to make false accusations against Obama. Seriously disgusting.

wutwutwut

Sleep with me and I'll make sure you have a good job is literally quid pro quo sexual harassment. Grabbing breasts and thrusting genitals crosses the line into assault, of course.

kevin1025

Banned
He's telling women to falsely accuse the CURRENT PRESIDENT of the same things he's being accused of. Not only is he diminishing sexual assault, he is, in a certain light, attacking the President. End this, please.

He's telling women to falsely accuse the CURRENT PRESIDENT of the same things he's being accused of. Not only is he diminishing sexual assault, he is, in a certain light, attacking the President. End this, please.

Donald has the best temperament. The very best.

No one has better. Believe me.

He's not-so-subtly telling people to make false accusations against Obama. Seriously disgusting.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his campaign is trying to find some women willing to come out and make false accusations against Obama. Normally I'd feel like someone wearing a tinfoil hat saying something like that, but I actually believe the Trump campaign would go that far at this point.

rjinaz

Is it me or is it time to stop having Trump surrogates on the news?
I mean they all agree with Trump that the media is in on the win anyway and Trump is threatening to basically shut them down.

Let his supporters scream foul.

please note that almost all of the Republican party was willing to elect this man just to get lower taxes, and 90% of them STILL support this dude despite him getting up in a rally and literally going whole ham alex jones on everyone.

Zackat

every time he says believe me, all I can think of is that ad of the little boy acting like Trump trying to take over a tee-ball team.

Probably my favorite one this whole election season.

Loxley

It'd be hard to prove because of the he said/she said unless there were witnesses. What makes Trump unique is the video tape of him bragging about doing this stuff. It'd be hard cases to bring up either way.

Yep, Fox News of all places said as much yesterday. The fact that Trump is on-tape gleefully admitting that he has sexually assaulted women because he's rich and famous means that any attempt he makes at denying the allegations are practically worthless at this point.

Trust me when i say I'm not getting complacent, but it looks like that video really was the silver bullet for Trump's campaign. It's actually kind of poetic, the only person who could successfully take down Trump...was Trump.

Nate Silver decides Wolf Blitzer can't be outdone.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-new-hampshire-for-signs-of-a-trump-comeback/

Twitter link:
Today's update focuses on New Hampshire, which is maybe the most vulnerable state in Clinton's firewall.

TITLE:
Election Update: Watch New Hampshire For Signs Of A Trump Comeback

Donald Trump hasn’t had a lot of good polling news lately. Very few swing-state polls have shown him with a lead since the first presidential debate, and those few leads have mostly been in states like Ohio and Iowa that aren’t part of Hillary Clinton’s path of least resistance to 270 electoral votes. To find good polls for Trump in states that could be part of Clinton’s firewall, you have to cherry-pick a bit — and you have to accept the fact that “good” in this context means trailing by a little instead of by a lot.

With that stipulated, some of Trump’s better numbers have come in New Hampshire. A MassINC poll released on Friday morning showed Trump trailing by only 3 percentage points there. And a Suffolk University poll last week — conducted before the release of the 2005 “Access Hollywood” videotape — had him down only 2 points in New Hampshire.

As I warned, that required a bit of cherry-picking. Several other polls of New Hampshire have been released since the first debate, and they have Clinton ahead by margins ranging from 6 to 11 percentage points — a safer margin than the MassINC or Suffolk polls show. New Hampshire is also one of the few swing states where Trump has spent more on advertising than Clinton — a deficit that the Clinton campaign could counteract if it feels as if the state is in jeopardy.

TS-08

"She wouldn't be my first choice" is probably the worst rally soundbite he has had since the Second Amendment comment.

Even the crowd wasn't with him on that one. It was practically complete silence.

SexyFish

Banned
Summary of Gloria Allred conference from Reddit:
It is an Apprentice Candidate alleging sexual abuse.
Watching press conference live:
Accosted by Donald Trump at the Beverly Hills hotel while discussing employment opportunities.
Kissing, touching breasts, leading into bedroom when she went for job interview.
In 2007, contacted Mr. Trump for lunch, was asked to meet him in office. Kissed on lips, thought "maybe it was his way of greeting..."
This is going a bit slow due to crying. She was upset by Trump's kiss, called her friends and called her parents [corroboration].
Met at the Beverly Hills hotel for dinner, assumed they were going to a restaurant, and instead were taken to a private Bungalow.
Walked into Bungalow. Trump was not in the room, but she could see his suit was laid out on the bed and trump was not visible, she sat down in the living room and waited, he emerged minutes later in the suit, i.e. he was waiting for her naked when she arrived.
Trump started kissing her immedeately, she moved away, told him to "get real," he responded "get real" in a suggestive way. He grabbed her shoulder and began kissing aggressively, he placed hand on breast. She walked away. He grabbed her and pulled her into bedroom.
She tried to leave, pushed him away, began "thrusting genitals" at her.
asked her to hide while waiter delivered dinner. She tried to talk business and job offers. Gave her debt advice on dealing with her home mortgage, told her to default.
she left after dinner.
lots of crying.
spoke to father [corroboration].
Trump got her a job at golf course for half the salary she requested. When she called trump, he gave her the runaround.
Trump told her that she should never call him again.
Questions:
Q: Do you have corroborating information?
A: Witnesses she shared the experiences with Trump with.
Q: Do you support any political party?
A: She is a Republican.
No intention of litigation at this time
Q: What does she hope comes out of this?
A: (Victim, not Allred) I want to be able to sleep when I am seventy at night.
Q: More women?
A: Allred says she has been contacted by many more women
that's the end.

kadotsu

Banned
At some point the demographics will have shifted enough against the GOP for them to lose midterms. It could be even faster if redistricting and citizens united get sorted out in the next 4 years.

At some point the demographics will have shifted enough against the GOP for them to lose midterms. It could be even faster if redistricting and citizens united get sorted out in the next 4 years.

I wonder how long after Republicans start losing midterms do they finally reform and moderate.

Yep, Fox News of all places said as much yesterday. The fact that Trump is on-tape gleefully admitting that he has sexually assaulted women because he's rich and famous means that any attempt he makes at denying the allegations are practically worthless at this point.

Trust me when i say I'm not getting complacent, but it looks like that video really was the silver bullet for Trump's campaign. It's actually kind of poetic, the only person who could successfully take down Trump...was Trump.

That's sometimes what it comes to with people who have no conscience. They do anything and everything to get ahead, and they know how to get away with it. This is a person who, out of revenge for being sued by his brother's heirs for their part of an inheritance, cancelled his infant nephew's health coverage. His nephew was suffering from seizures.

Totakeke

uxCHG30.png

If I wasn't at work I would have laughed out loud.

Revolver

He kind of did in Lakeland the other day. He said people accused him of invading her personal space and "that's the last place I'd want to invade, believe me."

At today's rally he said it again about how he didn't want to be in her space and, "she walked in front of me, and believe me I was not impressed"

I'm glad I'm hearing about the internal machinations of the campaign as stolen by wikileaks instead of a Presidential candidate saying his accuser was too ugly to grope right now on MSNBC.

After months of abuse at Trump's hands, the 24 Hour News Cycle has recently decided to abuse him right back.

I'm ODing on schadenfreude.

Gotchaye

Do different areas provide different amounts of information to voters about state-level and lower candidates?

For example, I vote in Oklahoma. I can find out a little about some of the candidates. My sheriff hates Obama. One of the state supreme court justices was a dissenter on the 10 Commandments case last year. But for lots of the candidates there is at best a Facebook page - sometimes not even that - and it is often uninformative ("X is running because he cares about Oklahoma"). Why not have the county election board require that candidates provide a paragraph that the board can put on its website organized by race, and maybe even have on handouts at the polling places.

Otherwise I've got to figure that straight-ticket voting is what almost everybody is doing. And I think Oklahoma judges basically always get retained just because nobody knows who they are (though this wouldn't do much about that).

Teggy

Trump's excuse today - never heard of them and they're too ugly anyway.

Today's press conference while he's saying this. An attractive woman who was on his tv show.

Next excuse I'm sure will be she was upset about not getting the job she wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom