• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

+4! among whites in that same ABC poll.

CvdJL6wWAAEkmpm.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's really amazing how funny Golden Girls is. I want another women-driven comedy like this. It's so singular in its greatness and what it accomplishes.

You know the writing is spectacular when virtually every scene takes place in either the kitchen or the living room and it doesn't even matter. The dialog and characterization are a Golden (ha ha GET IT?) standard.

I think we should do a golden girls made of PoliGAFfers. I want to be Sofia.

(adam is obviously
rose
)

Zukkoyaki

I'm reeeeally curious as to what Iowa looks like right now. There hasn't been a real poll of it since mid September if I remember correctly.

So, I talk shit about my mom being cray-cray, but I might as well say something nice about her.

In the last week, she's done almost 35 hours of phone banking for Hillary. This is the first time in her life she's ever volunteered or donated to a campaign. She has been killing it. I've tried to talk her into going down to the local office, but she's not comfortable doing that. She's stuck to the scripting too, which...I wasn't sure.

Also, fiance agreed to help drive people to the polls on election day. We took our neighbor already, and next week we're going to take her daughter to vote since she doesn't drive. Every little bit helps!

Gruco

Banned
Crude pass:

Presidential: D +.5
House: R+.5

Presidential: R +2.5
House: R+2.5

Presidential: D +7
House: D+11

Presidential: D +4
House: D+1

I mean, the amount of inference here is obviously quite limited. But the house margin relative the the presidential margin in recent history appears to depend on house incumbency, but that advantage is limited to 3-4 points.

If Hillary wins the presidency by 10 points, we are either going to see a completely a very stark change in down ballot voting patterns from recent years. Which I suppose is possible if republicans start getting excited about Johnson or something. Given that Johnson is falling towards pre-2012 levels of support (where he got 1% of the vote), this seems unlikely. How are the Republicans supposed to keep the House at this point?

It's really amazing how funny Golden Girls is. I want another women-driven comedy like this. It's so singular in its greatness and what it accomplishes.

You know the writing is spectacular when virtually every scene takes place in either the kitchen or the living room and it doesn't even matter. The dialog and characterization are a Golden (ha ha GET IT?) standard.
If you haven't, watch Designing Women. It may not resonate as much if you're not a southern gay, but it's still really, really smartly written. (Until the season when Suzanne leaves, but it rebounds in the last season!) The episode "Killing all the Right People" about HIV/AIDS and LGBT issues in the 80s is fucking perfect, as is "Julia Drives Over the 1st Amendment." There's even an episode that celebrates Bill Clinton being President, because the writers/creator of the show is a huge Democrat!

(adam is obviously
rose
)
I'll happily be Rose!

If I ever want to become a powerful dictator, I'm hiring Kellyanne. You can claim she's a lot of awful things, but being bad at her job and lacking dedication is not one of them.

I might be giving too much credit.

There's a what? A spinoff???
Pretend you didn't learn this. Trust. It's awful.

Sophia, Blanche and Rose buy a hotel. And it's just terrible.

@mitchellvii
The Democrats have to have the illegals and refugees since gays and lesbians don't have kids and they're aborting all the black babies.
Some gays have children! And also, fuck off Bill Mitchell.

Gruco

Banned
I think Kander, Ross, McGinty, Bayh, Hassan, and Cortez Masto will all win. We'll all be up too late following the FL Sen race on election night. Murphy will be seated in June, Franken style, and give the nation a chance to finally see a statewide recount in Florida unfold.

(adam is obviously
rose
)

You guys can do whatever you want to do as long as I get to watch it.

...wait.

If you haven't, watch Designing Women. It may not resonate as much if you're not a southern gay, but it's still really, really smartly written. (Until the season when Suzanne leaves, but it rebounds in the last season!) The episode "Killing all the Right People" about HIV/AIDS and LGBT issues in the 80s is fucking perfect, as is "Julia Drives Over the 1st Amendment." There's even an episode that celebrates Bill Clinton being President, because the writers/creator of the show is a huge Democrat!

I'll happily be Rose!

I will definitely check this out. I have heard somebody talking about this show before, so I have a little context. I may not be a Southern Gay, but good writing can take me anywhere.

They do a Golden Girls drag show every year for Halloween in Salem, MA. I've never seen it because it's so popular and expensive. They do it like it's a whole episode. I did pass the performers though and they were COMPELLING.

I had a very vivid, unpleasant dream where I went to my polling place on election day and some Trumper jackass was trying to convince an Hispanic woman that the election was actually the nexy day.

While I was arguing with the "observer", a white nationalist militia surrounded the polling station and started shooting. We all had to fight our way out of the building.

Later on the resilts came out and due to depressed turnout from violence, we only took two House seats.

Hope it's not prophetic. :(

There's a what? A spinoff???

I feel like The Golden Palace episode titles were quite prophetic in describing the 2016 election:

"Sex, Lies and Tortillas"
"One Angry Stan"
"One Old Lady To Go"
"Marriage on the Rocks, With A Twist"
"Senor Stinky Learns Absolutely Nothing About Life"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah but Clinton has no GOTV to take advantage of Texas.

And I read she was pulling out of Florida where she has been ahead in every poll forever.

Still, what a clusterfuck for Republicans.

CvdUI20WYAA0KlQ.jpg:large

3 POINTS FOLKS

was this the texas poll we were waiting on?

I guess Dems are going to legit go after Texas in 2020

I would say they're going after it in 2016.

Flipping it this year means the GOP has to dump a ton of resources into texas just to keep it for 2020 (as opposed to losing it by narrow margins and it still being assumed "safe") leaving the rest of the map underfunded and trending D by default. Texas being in play at all is a horrible scenario for republicans.

Gruco

Banned
Yougov has Florida Sen at 44-42 Rubio.

I still think this can be done. Someone get Barack back to Florida to yell at Marco some more.

55 seats.

Yeah, I'm actually trying to not get my hopes up for the house. I still have this pessimistic feeling that things are going to get really close in the end, mainly because Hopium is infamous for its violent withdraws.

You know what would make those numbers better?

D R O P P O T H E O P P O

Really hoping that if their really are other tapes, they at least further confirm the stories of at least one of the accusers. Would be really fitting in light of his threats to sue them.

Multiple Fox hosts explaining how Trump is behind in polling but hoping for a comeback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NSpSXHuy8I

I can imagine them not pushing the voter fraud story if Trump refuses to concede - quite a shift for this channel.

If the loss is as massive as it's looking now (which, again, I'm bullish on), the conservative machine is going to do everything in its power to place the blame solely on Trump. Otherwise he's just going to come back and possibly screw their chances again.

Yougov has Florida Sen at 44-42 Rubio.

I still think this can be done. Someone get Barack back to Florida to yell at Marco some more.

55 seats.

We're gonna drag Murphy's silly ass across the goal line. That slime-trail Rubio must never even sniff the title of Senior Senator of the Great State of Floriduh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Isn't Yougov the online polling firm?

Even so, that's too close for comfort in Florida. I want that state early so we can have an early celebration.

HylianTom

Banned
Even if Texas polls close and the networks say it's Too Close to Call, I'm going to laaaaaaaaaugh.

It was called the moment it closed in 2008 & 2012, so even if we lose it, making the GOP sweat a bit would be magical.

Isn't Yougov the online polling firm?

Even so, that's too close for comfort in Florida. I want that state early so we can have an early celebration.

YouGov's last poll of Florida was +2, which when accounting for house effect adjusted to +5. That is not too close for comfort. YouGov has consistently been Hillary's worst pollster because of their methods. (Online, English only, etc).

Diablos

Murphy is finished. Stop getting your hopes up.
You don't know that. Obama wouldn't be going to bat for him this late in the game if he didn't think he had a chance.

I totally understand Dems bailing on Strickland but I think they should have given Murphy more time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
YouGov's last poll of Florida was +2, which when accounting for house effect adjusted to +5. That is not too close for comfort. YouGov has consistently been Hillary's worst pollster because of their methods. (Online, English only, etc).

I know Hillary has been steadily winning Florida polling, so I'm not too worried about it. I think they'll be fine.

Murphy is finished. Stop getting your hopes up.

high voter turnout will absolutely win murphy florida, if likely voter polls are showing a dead heat.

Heavy democratic ground game, plus the massive influx of citizens from puerto rico since 2012 mean democratic support is undercounted there in polling, possibly more than any other state.

edit: oh wait, Yougov is english only?? EVEN BETTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom