• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

The Young Turks are amazing.

https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/790210279699251200

CvdkC4QWcAQBHdX.jpg

You have to have a combination of stupidity and dishonesty that is off the charts to quote that one part, it's honestly amazing.

They didn't even paraphrase it right. Bottom of the barrel stuff here.

I.... I am deeply concerned about the level of intelligence of Trump supporters.

Must be nice to be so cozy with all the major msm outlets. Gotta keep the ppl unaware & compliant! #PodestaEmails16 #PodestaEmails 👇👇👇

CvdI12mWEAAELB6.jpg

.... They do know that "friends" is obviously sarcastic based on context, right?

This has been retweeted and favorited over a thousand times..............

exactly.

Manmademan are you assuming that the Hispanic vote Rubio is getting is going to be lower due to new Hispanics voters not answering polls and/or suppressed Cuban turnout?

It's not much of an assumption, it's absolutely true.

There has been a massive, massive influx of new residents to florida from PR since 2012. A million citizens in 4 years is ASTRONOMICAL.

to put this in perspective, there were only 1.3 million cuban americans in florida TOTAL as of 2013.

Cubans_zps7dnffmov.png

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/09/...013/ph_2015-09-15_hispanic-origins-cuba-04-2/

There are right now almost certainly more puerto ricans of hispanic origin in florida now than there are cubans. This was not the case in 2012. And PR latinos favor the democratic party by lopsided 70/30 margins BEFORE the Trump business. Support for the republican party is even less now- trump has no shot at getting anywhere near 30% of the PR vote. Nationally his favorability with hispanics is closer to 15.

Ticket splitting cubans are absolutely not enough to overcome this.

Consider also how likely polling is done. Many pollsters (but not all) rely heavily on past voting history to determine who is a likely voter. Given that none of those 1 million PR latinos was around for the 2012 election (and most people skip midterms) few to none will make it past a LV screen.

Ok, but what about those that don't rely exclusively on past voting history? There are pollsters that take a more nuanced view, sure. But how many of them are polling in spanish? Recent immigrants from PR are heavily spanish speaking, much moreso than florida cubans are- many of those are US born and the ones that aren't have been here for many years now.

There is no reason at all to assume that polling for latino preferences is anywhere near accurate in Florida for 2016. A tie or a slim lead among likely voters for Rubio has a very good chance of being a loss for him.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
THEY ARE PUBLISHING THIS STORY WE DON'T WANT THEM TO ABOUT EMAILS

FUCK THEY ARE COLLUDING WITH US FUUCUKKK #MAGA

I don't know why people get upset about Twitter happenings. The primaries showed it is seriously as a good a barometer for reality as Nintendo Switch video views are on youtube!

THEY ARE PUBLISHING THIS STORY WE DON'T WANT THEM TO ABOUT EMAILS

FUCK THEY ARE COLLUDING WITH US FUUCUKKK #MAGA

I don't know why people get upset about Twitter happenings. The primaries showed it is seriously as a good a barometer for reality as Nintendo Switch video views are on youtube!

... I'm not upset, I am... confused at how Trump fans cannot understand English.

thebloo

You know what I don't get? Why was nobody talking about the emails? I mean, sure, it was on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, WaPo, NYT.

But why won't anyone talk about it???

Also, sarcasm doesn't probably translate accurately to Russian.

Boke1879

Wait, 16?

Are we really on number 16 with those things

do they think anyone with anything better to do is actually going to trudge through all of these pasta recipes and then decide not to vote for Hillary

It's clear that so far the best stuff wikileaks had was the DNC stuff and they shot that out way too early imo.

This stuff is just mundane.

Wilsongt

I swear. People wouldn't get too shit about Wikileaks if it didn't involve Hillary Clinton in some way.

The world just wants her to be some super villain.

Amir0x

Banned
Man these national polls... The averages are insane now. Keep it up, Trump.

I am so glad Clinton gets to deliver this killing blow. How awesome is it that the Republican chickens are finally coming home to roost in the candidate of Trump? Years of fearmongering rhetoric, playing with fire has directly led here. And they are gonna lose now twice against the man that came to define winning over that dark anti-American nonsense, and now lose to Clinton who they spent 25 years trying to tear down with these same tactics.

All their plans have been undone by their own behavior. You could not write a better narrative.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If these polls keep dropping for Trump, do we finally see GOP members start pulling back from him? Or are these people screwed either way?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Good article on how amazing Jason Kander is as a candidate.

Then Mr. Kander released a television ad last month in which he put an AR-15 assault rifle together blindfolded while reciting a script about gun rights, and started assailing his rival, Senator Roy D. Blunt, on his lobbyist ties.

Suddenly, it was game on. Mr. Kander’s poll numbers soared. So did the panic among Republicans trying to save Mr. Blunt, and possibly their Senate majority.

I am so glad Clinton gets to deliver this killing blow. How awesome is it that the Republican chickens are finally coming home to roost in the candidate of Trump? Years of fearmongering rhetoric, playing with fire has directly led here. And they are gonna lose now twice against the man that came to define winning over that dark anti-American nonsense, and now lose to Clinton who they spent 25 years trying to tear down with these same tactics.

All their plans have been undone by their own behavior. You could not write a better narrative.

The best thing about this isn't that no one saw it coming. It's that everyone saw it coming.

Democrats were crowing from the rooftops that Trump was their dream candidate, and would be completely unelectable in the general.

Establishment republicans were shitting themselves during the primaries, trying to drive home the point that Trump would be a general election disaster.

The "deplorables" didn't care. they drove this car right off a cliff despite being told the obvious.

They will not learn a lesson from this, they will claim "Fraud", burrow further into the breitbart media hole, and emerge again in 4 years backing an even worse candidate than they did in 2016.

This party is done.

Isakson and Barksdale could end up in a runoff. In which case Isakson will probably win, but there is a chance.
Dems would need a hell of a GOTV, though.

As a Georgian I'm not holding my breath, for this race. Our state is plagued by the likes of Erick Erickson and Herman Cain.

I still think Georgia goes blue in the Presidential race by 1-2%. It really depends on the turnout of the metro Atlanta counties. I've been a big believer that if Cobb and Gwinnett go blue, so does the state. Here in Cobb, early voting is up 128% over the same time period in 2012.

Whoops I can't math right. Cobb is up 258% of 2012 numbers:

580ae36bd472a.preview.jpg

Boke1879

With the polling and everyone saying this race is over and not to mention Trump screaming it's "rigged" every damn chance he gets. All of this is only going to manage to depress his own turnout.

I think they now understand they miscalculated. There is a clear schism between Hillary Campaign 2016 and the DSCC. Obama campaigning hard in Florida and grilling Rubes is probably not what DSCC expected. DSCC is just looking at the numbers game, all they need is 50. So in their view. its wise to ditch an expensive Murphy in favor of a cheap Bayh. The presidential campaign however sees Rubio as a clear threat.

This is also a really good point. If your priority is to get to 50 and you don't have unlimited funds, spending money on murphy instead of Kander, Bayh, Ross, or McGinty makes no sense.

From a presidential point of view or a house race point of view, it's entirely different.

In the ABC Poll:

52% thought Hillary won the debate.
29% thought Trump won the debate.

I prefer seeing these numbers after the fact, because we can see how the media and public view it a few days out.

I don't think the ABC poll is a tracking poll.

It is

This inaugural 2016 ABC News tracking poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates, was conducted Thursday through Saturday among 1,391 adults, including 874 likely voters. This is the first in what will be daily ABC News tracking poll reports from now to Election Day. The Washington Post will join ABC’s tracking survey later this week.

I don't think the ABC poll is a tracking poll.

it is.

Hillary Clinton has vaulted to a double-digit advantage in the inaugural ABC News 2016 election tracking poll, boosted by broad disapproval of Donald Trump on two controversial issues: His treatment of women and his reluctance to endorse the election’s legitimacy.

Likely voters by a vast 69-24 percent disapprove of Trump’s response to questions about his treatment of women. After a series of allegations of past sexual misconduct, the poll finds that some women who’d initially given him the benefit of the doubt have since moved away.

Chumly

question
is IBD/TIPP the new LA Times in terms LOL polling, I have never seen them before and they tend to lean (R) like LA Times
Based off previous elections they will have a massive swing towards Hillary in the last day or two to again be one of the most accurate pollsters in the nation!!!!! Basically they lean republican until the last days. They only count their very last poll for how "accurate" they are.

It blows my mind that Kander is able to get Trumpsters to go vote for him by using Trump's own words. That has to be nice and terrifying for the GOP.

So... when is online voting gonna be a thing?

Honestly? Hopefully never. The risks of tampering are too high to make for up for the convenience. We should all be hoping for a system like in Washington where they just mail everyone their ballot (and automatically register everyone?) and give them a decent amount of time to look everything up and make educated decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom