• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
...... People in the #PodestaEmails16 are very mad that... Hillary's team took polls that had large sample sizes in certain demographics to better estimate her support in those demographics?

CvdejkQUsAALIXX.jpg

The Trump campaign has finally become #GamerGate, where stupidity and ignorance regarding what journalists do and what words mean has caused thousands of tweets. This email has gotten hundreds of tweets and tens of thousands of retweets even though... it's about nothing.
Corruption at the highest levels. Lock em up.

/s sadly this is required.

Zackat

...... People in the #PodestaEmails16 are very mad that... Hillary's team took polls that had large sample sizes in certain demographics to better estimate her support in those demographics?

CvdejkQUsAALIXX.jpg

The Trump campaign has finally become #GamerGate, where stupidity and ignorance regarding what journalists do and what words mean has caused thousands of tweets. This email has gotten hundreds of tweets and tens of thousands of retweets even though... it's about nothing.
Has finally become? It seems they have been since the beginning.

@JohnJHarwood
senior GOP Senate strategist: "Trump now tied in Indiana. down 11 in PA and 14 in NH. going down hard"

I feel like this would effectively give the Senate to Democrats and guarantee Bayh, McGinty, and Hassan wins.

Has finally become? It seems they have been since the beginning.

I mean, 100% GamerGate.

Before, Trump would just lie about what was happening without anything to point to. Now, we have his supporters digging through stuff where they find things they can't understand and use that information they don't understand to have "controversies" trend on Twitter. And that is exactly GamerGate.

CCS

Banned
The ad of Kander putting an AR-15 together blindfolded in 30 seconds flat is a pretty amazingly targeted video. Blunt's been running ads saying "he wants to take your guns!!!!" and that's a perfect comeback.

From John Harwood: senior GOP Senate strategist: "Trump now tied in Indiana. down 11 in PA and 14 in NH. going down hard"

The Trump implosion that insiders predicted seems to be happening. This has got to push the Dems over the top in the senate.

Grexeno

You can draw a clear, straight line between the two. GG organized the Alt-right from a series of disconnected and isolated groups to a single monolithic entity and Trump gave them a figure head.
It's stuff like this that makes people obsessed with Chaos Theory.

I've never been sure that GG spawned the alt-right, or vice versa. Their ability to game SF awards voting doesn't seem to be able to translate to the general election, thank god.

Holmes

On election night, I'll have either CNN or MSNBC on the TV, be in Discord and have the NYT open, and the Guardian if they do the cute pixel characters again like in the primaries.

rjinaz

Trump really has been the best player on our team. Insinuating people shouldn't even bother to show up to vote since it's all rigged. Democrats couldn't have dreamed up a better scenario.

No it's not because he's a Democrat in disguise, it's because he's losing big and doesn't care what happens to the party as long as he can blame anybody else but Trump.

Zackat

I've never been sure that GG spawned the alt-right, or vice versa. Their ability to game SF awards voting doesn't seem to be able to translate to the general election, thank god.

I've always assumed that /pol/ trolls/alt-righters used gamergate as a vector to implement their agenda into the mainstream.

Slayven

Trump really has been the best player on our team. Insinuating people shouldn't even bother to show up to vote since it's all rigged. Democrats couldn't have dreamed up a better scenario.

No it's not because he's a Democrat in disguise, it's because he's losing big and doesn't care what happens to the party as long as he can blame anybody else but Trump.

Did Trump really think telling people that shit is rigged was a winning strategy? His base is not the forward thinking type and this just tells them to stay home

mo60

I saw that texas poll earlier. I will be insanely shocked if hilary wins that state on november 8th. How many more battleground states are going to pop up in this election. This election is seriously starting to look more like some of the landslide elections I witnessed in local races last year.

I saw that texas poll earlier. I will be insanely shocked if hilary wins that state on november 8th. How many more battleground states are going to pop up in this election. This election is seriously starting to look more like some of the landslide elections I witnessed in local races last year.

The ultimate battleground state is South Dakota.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

GG might have embolded the Alt-Right, but it didn't create it.

Currently at a Hillary rally at UNC Charlotte. I am not sure when she is scheduled to come out. I am probably about 30 feet away from the stage. Exciting stuff

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've always assumed that /pol/ trolls/alt-righters used gamergate as a vector to implement their agenda into the mainstream.

This is part of the argument I'd make if I were at home and not waiting for the subway. GG broke down the barriers between the different groups and gave the Nazis an audience of people who saw their world changing around them someone to blame for that change. It put them all on the same side, drawing battle lines between two larger groups (the Nazis and the antinazis) and as a result these people adopted an ideology close to their own that they might not have completely adopted otherwise. The Alt-right's ideology existed before GG for sure, but GG gave it a much further reach.

Anti circumcision protestors in SF.

So many problems in this city and this is the one they decide is worth tackling? 🙄

I like being circumcised. It rules. 😎

I posted this once in a Reddit thread about "infant male genital mutilation" and I sometimes still get hateful PMs about it.

Barzul

The ad of Kander putting an AR-15 together blindfolded in 30 seconds flat is a pretty amazingly targeted video. Blunt's been running ads saying "he wants to take your guns!!!!" and that's a perfect comeback.

Yeah even as someone with huge reservations about guns I thought it was pretty badass. I wonder if he's eyeing 2024.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
http://www.oldnorthstatepolitics.com/2016/10/an-noticeable-trend-in-comparing-2012.html

Seems like rethuglicans are in trouble in NC

White Democrats are 10 percent ahead of their 2012 same-day numbers, while white unaffiliated voters are 30 percent ahead of their same-day numbers from four years ago; conversely, white Republicans are 15 percent behind their 2012 same-day numbers.

Since Republicans tend to be an exclusively white party in North Carolina in terms of registration (94 percent white in the 10-22-16 voter registration pool), the gap between 2012's performance by white Republicans and their current turnout indicates that something is not motivating them to turnout, at least through absentee voting.

PBalfredo

Is Congress still dragging their feet on approving Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court? Given the polls, isn't their whole gambit about to blow up in their face? I'd think their whole "It's too close to an election. We have to listen to the will of the poeple" shtick would give Hillary leverage in appointing whoever she wants, with an option to tell Congress that if they don't like it, they should have appointed Garland like they were suppose to.

Amir0x

Banned
Is Congress still dragging their feet on approving Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court? Given the polls, isn't their whole gambit about to blow up in their face? I'd think their whole "It's too close to an election. We have to listen to the will of the poeple" shtick would give Hillary leverage in appointing whoever she wants, with an option to tell Congress that if they don't like it, they should have appointed Garland like they were suppose to.

Yup. Still holding Garland hostage. Everything is blowing up in Republican's faces. It is a wondrous affair.

Veelk

Banned
Yup. Still holding Garland hostage. Everything is blowing up in Republican's faces. It is a wondrous affair.
McCain said they'll reject whoever Hillary picks. Who knows what excuse they'll come up with. But is there a way they can just keep delaying?

Syncytia

I suspect for many of them that between struggling enough with the Trump implosion already and their base wanting them to deny any progress on the nomination they are very stuck in a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom