• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to 100% clean energy would probably destroy Russia and Saudi Arabia as nations which could beneficial in foreign policy, but that connection isn't really ever made in Hillary's "clean energy superpower!" thing.

If you look at the 538 tracker, the national race has tightened by a whole .7 points from Clinton's largest lead post-debates. Mostly this is just peeps waking up from the dream that we were in for a 10 point+ landslide election.

What does "clean energy superpower" even mean?

... A clean energy future is one where all of our energy comes from solar, wind, nuclear, and geothermal... Where does the superpower stuff come from? Are we heavily influencing other nations with this clean energy? Are we... exporting somehow?

That catchphrase from Hillary doesn't make much sense to me.

By researching, building, and exporting green energy infrastructure

Hindl

Just voted in Nevada

+1 Crooked Hillary and Weed

WEE221487.png
Him over Jameis? If you say so

A couple polls showing a race closer doesn't indicate tightening.

I mean, it might indicate tightening. It could also be what we'd expect if the race isn't tightening, too.

Once again, if a race is say Hillary +8, that does not mean a good poll should always show Hillary +8. If it did, something would be wrong with the polls.

Path Trump is targeting it looks like:

Hold NC + AZ + GA + UT

Flip FL + OH + IA + NV + NH

Win ME-2

That's 270 exactly. Improbable, but looks like the path he's chosen.

Syncytia

What does "clean energy superpower" even mean?

... A clean energy future is one where all of our energy comes from solar, wind, nuclear, and geothermal... Where does the superpower stuff come from? Are we heavily influencing other nations with this clean energy? Are we... exporting somehow?

That catchphrase from Hillary doesn't make much sense to me.

Basically being the one's to make the highest efficiency stuff, research new technologies, get patents, create businesses, create major manufacturing infrastructure. We need to get out ass in gear if we want really want that though.

This is some good shit:

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/jason-kander-roy-blunt-missouri

The perfect candidate?
Republicans describe Kander as nearly the perfect Democratic candidate in a conservative state, one whose Army background and straight-talking style make him nearly invulnerable to the kind of pointed attacks they’ve deployed against Senate candidates elsewhere.

But even given that, they argue that Blunt’s unforced errors and once-lackadaisical approach have made the race much closer than it should be. That’s been frustrating, they say, especially in a year when the party already had to defend seven states President Obama won twice.

“If he had run half, or even one-third, the campaign Rob Portman did in the off year, he probably wouldn’t have been here,” said one senior Senate Republican strategist. (Ohio Sen. Portman is believed to be running the year’s best Senate campaign.)

The few publicly available polls show Blunt with a tiny lead, but officials in both parties say the race is effectively a dead heat two weeks before Election Day. And neither side says they are confident they know how it will turn out.

“This race will be decided by a few thousand votes,” said Scott Rupp, a former Republican state senator in Missouri. “It’s going to be tight.”

The GOP’s biggest concern about Blunt, however, has been his struggle to beat back the charge that he’s done more to help himself and his family than the average voter.

Blunt, a former majority whip in the House who won election into the Senate in 2010, is a political institution in the state. He first won statewide office as Missouri’s secretary of State in 1984, and one of his sons, Matt Blunt, was elected governor of Missouri in 2004.

But his long tenure in office has been a liability — especially given the fact that Blunt’s wife and three children are all lobbyists.

And Blunt exacerbated the problem when he named his son Andy, a registered lobbyist in Missouri, his campaign manager.

The decision gave Kander the license to say, as he often does, that a lobbyist is literally running the senator’s campaign — and infuriated Republicans in Washington.

“It is one of the more confounding decisions of this campaign,” said the senior Republican strategist, who requested anonymity to talk candidly. “It is an example of a level of hubris that cannot be denied.”

Blunt further compounded the problem in January, when he defended his family’s chosen profession in an interview to a St. Louis radio station.

“I don’t even understand why that would be a question,” he said. “Everybody’s family does something,”

That quote has subsequently appeared in Kander’s ads.

So, what are the chances that, during Hillary's victory speech on election night, she just outright bursts out "Donald, you're fired!" followed by thunderous applause and raucous cheers? Considering all the crap that Trump spewed her way, would this really be considered bad form?

Syncytia

So, what are the chances that, during Hillary's victory speech on election night, she just outright bursts out "Donald, you're fired!" followed by thunderous applause and raucous cheers? Considering all the crap that Trump spewed her way, would this really be considered bad form?

On election night? Yeah, I think that's bad form. Need to be humble about it.

Wiz

Remember what Michelle Obama said!!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Path Trump is targeting it looks like:

Hold NC + AZ + GA + UT

Flip FL + OH + IA + NV + NH

Win ME-2

That's 270 exactly. Improbable, but looks like the path he's chosen.

He still seems to be working on Colorado. He's been here every week or two the last few months. One of his kids was here last week, and Pence is here today.

She should just not mention Trump at all. Don't congratulate him on a good race or anything like that because that would be a straight up lie. I don't see Trump calling Hillary to concede anyway.

Even Pokemon-Go-to-the-polls Hillary isn't that lame. I think. I hope.

Also no one cares about Wikileaks now. Obamacare problems suck but they're real and it is what it is. Some of you don't seem to ask yourselves whose votes these things would suddenly change.

She's the President-elect. WTF would she do this and make her life more difficult?

jtb

Banned
A couple polls showing a race closer doesn't indicate tightening.

I mean, it might indicate tightening. It could also be what we'd expect if the race isn't tightening, too.

Once again, if a race is say Hillary +8, that does not mean a good poll should always show Hillary +8. If it did, something would be wrong with the polls.

the polls are tightening, but the race isn't. fewer and fewer undecided voters to allocate. the fundamental dynamics of the race are in stone at this point. polls just reflect enthusiasm of trump supporters after hitting rock bottom.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Also no one cares about Wikileaks now. Obamacare problems suck but they're real and it is what it is. Some of you don't seem to ask yourselves whose votes these things would suddenly change.
Ken bone is very concerned

Boke1879

I kind of am :(

Today has seen a real bucket of cold water dumped over my optimism. "Tightening" polls, Trump's promise to dump a ton of money on last minute attack ads, and the promise of GOP super-obstruction and a parade of congressional hearings even if we win has me feeling pretty glum.

Let me talk you down. Barring some major revelation nothing will truly change in the coming weeks. The polls the media are focusing on but ignoring the other showing a comfortable Clinton lead just shows you what narrative they want.

We are getting real voting data in and it's looking good for dems in NC and Florida. Trump can dump all the negative ads he wishes. It's just another sign of a dying campaign.

GOP obstruction was obvious. Wikileaks will be more an issue in her presidency. I think people are tired of the email shit.

Also the Obamacare thing sucks. The premium hike but I highly doubt it has any change on her numbers this election.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
So

Trump is doing a fundraising thing where if you donate $69 dollars (nice) you get your name engraved on a plaque that is going to be put up in Trump Tower. Only 2000 spots are left, though.

Like.

1) Why?
and also
2) This feels slightly not FEC approved to me?

If I had $138,000 to spare I would buy the lot and have HILLARY CLINTON engraved on every single one.

Lmo911

She won't need to. It's going to be the headline on so many newspapers, magazines, news shows and facebook posts it won't even be funny.

Mark Murray hinting that the new NBC/WSJ polls show Clinton still in double digits.

I have a question thats concerning though. Why is there a discrepancy between a double digit national lead vs closer than expected battleground polling (OH, IA, NC, FL mostly)? I remember the opposite case being true in 2012. Obama was down consistently in national polling but had healthy margins in OH and elsewhere.

Mark Murray hinting that the new NBC/WSJ polls show Clinton still in double digits.

I have a question thats concerning though. Why is there a discrepancy between a double digit national lead vs closer than expected battleground polling (OH, IA, NC, FL mostly)? I remember the opposite case being true in 2012. Obama was down consistently in national polling but had healthy margins in OH and elsewhere.

Randomness.

Iolo

Because she's going to get 100% in CA.

NC is a Republican leaning state, the leads Clinton is polling with there reflect her national margin. She's polling better in Florida than Obama did. Ohio and Iowa are places where Trump is overperforming thanks to his strengths with whites without a college education. Look at Hillary's gaudy leads in Virginia, PA. NH, and Colorado. I don't see a discrepancy that isn't explained by looking at the specifics of the state in question.

On election night? Yeah, I think that's bad form. Need to be humble about it.
Remember what Michelle Obama said!!
She should just not mention Trump at all. Don't congratulate him on a good race or anything like that because that would be a straight up lie. I don't see Trump calling Hillary to concede anyway.
She's the President-elect. WTF would she do this and make her life more difficult?
PoliGAF, you are gentlemen/gentlewomen and scholars all.

studyguy

Nah fuck that, Clinton gonna come out to the Stone Cold theme with a bat and a blindfold, beat on a Trump Pinata to bits then tear a Trump shirt she was wearing in half as jets fly above and a bald eagle cries in the background. All the while chugging a beer and asking who's fired now bitch?

Blader

I think I'm going to donate to a handful of Senate candidates this weekend: Hassan, McGinty, Kander, Murphy, Ross, Masto. It'll be the first time I've ever donated to a campaign before :lol Granted, it'll probably only be like $10 per person...six races, that shit adds up!

It's also pretty clear that HRC believe she has a big advantage in NV. She's not really going there, and most of the surrogate presence is focused on CCM. Almost everything right now is focused on OH, FL, and NC from Hillary's POV -- 3 states she does not need to win. Not even NH. I think that says a lot about this race (and how, even though she's visiting IA on Friday, she probably thinks it's gone).

With NV, I cannot make a map that has Trump winning since he's given up PA as well. He would need to win Wisconsin.

Figured I'd ask here. I've been told by some experts that the race is tightening and barring another bad week plus a meltdown for Trump it's turning into a toss up, what do you guys think?

NC is a Republican leaning state, the leads Clinton is polling with there reflect her national margin. She's polling better in Florida than Obama did. Ohio and Iowa are places where Trump is overperforming thanks to his strengths with whites without a college education. Look at Hillary's gaudy leads in Virginia, PA. NH, and Colorado. I don't see a discrepancy that isn't explained by looking at the specifics of the state in question.
But what does this tell us? In future do Democrats have to poll as well as Hillary nationally in order to have a slight advantage in FL/NC/OH? Because Hillary's national lead will not happen every 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom