• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
So

Trump is doing a fundraising thing where if you donate $69 dollars (nice) you get your name engraved on a plaque that is going to be put up in Trump Tower. Only 2000 spots are left, though.

Like.

1) Why?
and also
2) This feels slightly not FEC approved to me?

DC isn't being a state without an amendment. They'll argue its unconstitutional.

Also if it somehow happened the 23rd amendment might still randomly give the district 3 electoral votes. as it makes no mention of a population, just that the federal district would get votes

https://twitter.com/WordsOfSarah/status/791313980128129024

Why does Tiffany have her purse? Oh my god. She just randomly shows up at Trump hotels and hopes that someone will be there, doesn't she? Ivanka is like "Father, the other Not Me is here. She wants to participate." And then they have to let her. But they don't take her to the nice rooms where she can put her purse. They're like "No, girl, keep your pocketbook, cause you ain't gonna be staying long...."

SAD
Ivanka and Tiffany are going to be in Marietta, GA this afternoon for phone banking or small rally thing or something.

I was trying to find a group to go protest with, but I haven't been able to find one. Plus the AC in my apartment went out, again ffs. so I have to be here when the repair guy shows up.

PR and DC should probably be states. But fuck, 50 is suck a perfect number and they are going to screw up our flag so bad.

Might be the worst arguments someone can make as to why certain places shouldn't get statehood but I'm going to stick by it anyway.

mo60

So what are the real stats on Black voters for Trump? everyone singing praises of him nabbing most black voters in gop since 1960 but twice 1% is still only 2%. What do the real numbers look like?

He's probably going to get anywere between 4% and 6% of the black vote in this election. I don't think many blacks will be voting for trump in this election.

BriGuy

Who's panicked?
I kind of am :(

Today has seen a real bucket of cold water dumped over my optimism. "Tightening" polls, Trump's promise to dump a ton of money on last minute attack ads, and the promise of GOP super-obstruction and a parade of congressional hearings even if we win has me feeling pretty glum.

Mark MurrayVerified account
‏@mmurraypolitics
Heads up: We'll be releasing new NBC/WSJ/Marist polls of NH and NV at 5:00 pm ET

*Yawn*

Texas, Arizona, Georgia plzzzz

jbug617

Banned
We need a little laugh today. Trump is not going to get some love from African Americans in Philly.
Cvt3VxJVYAABo0U.jpg

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...f-brotherly-love-has-little-for-trump/505343/

Today has seen a real bucket of cold water dumped over my optimism. "Tightening" polls, Trump's promise to dump a ton of money on last minute attack ads, and the promise of GOP super-obstruction and a parade of congressional hearings even if we win has me feeling pretty glum.

I mean, today's polls are whatever you want to see:

Trump +2 in FL (the only lead he's had in FL since the first debate)
Clinton +4 in NH
Clinton +9 nationally
Clinton +9 nationally, again

A little context.

BiggNife

eh. A couple outlier polls (while the rest follow the exact same pattern we've seen the past couple weeks) and the threat of a super-obstruction that probably won't happen are not things worth worrying about right now.

I also really really doubt that last minute attack ads will change anyone's minds. Debates are a much bigger deal for undecideds and Hillary won all three of them.

Wikileaks and ObamaCare also not helping with optics

I really don't think anyone cares much about the Wikileaks anymore, I only ever see it mentioned briefly in this thread and in ten minute segments on CNN. Unless they actually have the mythical Hillary emails then it won't change much of anything. And despite what Kim Dotcom says (lol), if they had that they DEFINITELY would have leaked it by now.

Owzers

Betsy McCaughey on cnn: why is it not okay to call a woman nasty but it's okay to accuse a man of sexual assault. ( maybe it was to say a man committed sexual assault?)

It's time to drain the swamp regarding cable pundits.

We need a little laugh today. Trump is not going to get some love from African Americans in Philly.
Cvt3VxJVYAABo0U.jpg

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...f-brotherly-love-has-little-for-trump/505343/

“He’s a fucking bigot, man,” 22-year-old Cajuan Norris told me, sitting on the stone steps of her house wearing sweatpants and slippers. “It’s not a hard decision at all.” Norris, who works as a hair stylist, was on the phone when Lewis knocked on her door, but when she realized Lewis was canvassing for Clinton, Norris hung up and came outside.

“[Clinton] is trying to make sure people are treated equally, she cares about what’s going on with African Americans and the police,” Norris said. “I feel like Trump cares about money. If he is in office, the rich is gonna get rich, and the poor is gonna stay poor.” Norris studied the smiling picture of Hillary Clinton on the LCV flier Lewis handed her. “She been doin’ this. He don’t have experience with this shit.”

Living for Cajuan Norris.

So

Trump is doing a fundraising thing where if you donate $69 dollars (nice) you get your name engraved on a plaque that is going to be put up in Trump Tower. Only 2000 spots are left, though.

Like.

1) Why?
and also
2) This feels slightly not FEC approved to me?

Trying to figure out right now if it's worth 69 bucks to have the name Dee Snuts on a plaque in Trump Tower.

64 is the perfect number of states.

Canada should join the Union, think about it, guys. You could bring mass liberalism to 320 million people by joining!

I took a Masters level course on integrating Canada and the US or a North American Union........it would not go well for Canada so no thanks, we'll keep Trudeau for ourselves

Oh, this is rich!! Drudge has this story linked on its front page:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/10/25/cbs4-investigation-finds-people-voting-twice/

Yet, if you bother to read it, of the cases of voter fraud they've got so far, 1 is a Democrat, 1 is unaffiliated, and 3 are Republicans. LOL!

Obviously, he knows his sheep only are in it for the hernia-inducing headlines to get them all frothed up, and will never read the article, jumping straight to the comments to blather on about media bias.

Get fucked Drudge!! You've been pwned!

What does "clean energy superpower" even mean?

... A clean energy future is one where all of our energy comes from solar, wind, nuclear, and geothermal... Where does the superpower stuff come from? Are we heavily influencing other nations with this clean energy? Are we... exporting somehow?

That catchphrase from Hillary doesn't make much sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom