• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

I've been pretty checked out of the day-to-day election obsessing since the third debate last week

*turns on CNN*

TONIGHT'S TOP STORY -- BREAKING NEWS -- TRUMP MOMENTUM

*turns on MSNBC*

CLINTON LEAD SLASHED IN HALF (according to one poll), RACE TRENDING TRUMP??

yeah bye see ya in another week

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I still wonder why Paul Ryan took the speaker job. Anyone with any sense would have seen the clusterfuck from a mile away and laid low. He could have stayed quiet and ridden this storm out until 2020 or 2024. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see him eaten alive by the Freedom Caucus and the Trump people, it just seems like a 'sane' Republican would have known to stay out of all of this.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
How does the vote count look so far for the Nevada senate race? TPM just showed a poll that has Heck leading Masto by 7.

HylianTom

Banned
How does the vote count look so far for the Nevada senate race? TPM just showed a poll that has Heck leading Masto by 7.

I don't have the early vote stats with me, but that poll looks like an outlier. Most races have a slight lean for Masto.

Personally? I'm counting it among the Senate races that Dems are almost certain to win.

Aggregate is still 5.4, if it was 3.0 or something I would be freaking out but that's a good position with less than 2 weeks to go. A "horserace" doesn't seem appropriate for a spread like that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I don't have the early vote stats with me, but that poll looks like an outlier. Most races have a slight lean for Masto.

Personally? I'm counting it among the Senate races that Dems are almost certain to win.

Okay good.

It looks like the only movement has, based on Gallup, is that Republicans like Trump again. He's gone from 64% of Republicans having a favorable opinion of him to 71% in the last couple weeks.

Republicans got over the sex crimes.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189299/presidential-election-2016-key-indicators.aspx

I have full confidence at Hillary winning the presidency and having the Senate, but it's frustrating to see minor movement to Trump since that's the opposite of what is needed for the House (and any bills getting passed).

Boke1879

It looks like the only movement has, based on Gallup, is that Republicans like Trump again. He's gone from 64% of Republicans having a favorable opinion of him to 71% in the last couple weeks.

Republicans got over the sex crimes.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189299/presidential-election-2016-key-indicators.aspx

I have full confidence at Hillary winning the presidency and having the Senate, but it's frustrating to see minor movement to Trump since that's the opposite of what is needed for the House (and any bills getting passed).

The House was always a pipe dream.

I hate this tight race bullshit, I have to hear it all day about how close it is from my coworkers.

and when Nov 8 rolls around it will be this shit was rigged, didn't you see how close it was?

Gruco

Banned
What is a democrat? A miserable little pile of complacency.

Unless democrats finally get their act together and start panicking like adults, that's it. Marco Rubio becomes the new president.

Eh the House will have to pass something. Especially with Trump losing and dems looking to take seats in the Senate.

Nah. They don't ever need to pass bills or do anything. They never held hearings from Garland, flip-flopped on the reason why they did it and faced no consequences.

It's frustrating.

Nafai1123

Banned
If they are gonna drop the Gabba Gabba, wouldn't it make sense to do so a couple days before the election given the apparently incredible short-term memory loss of the public?

Bowdz

I still wonder why Paul Ryan took the speaker job. Anyone with any sense would have seen the clusterfuck from a mile away and laid low. He could have stayed quiet and ridden this storm out until 2020 or 2024. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see him eaten alive by the Freedom Caucus and the Trump people, it just seems like a 'sane' Republican would have known to stay out of all of this.

Seriously.

I can't think of a single upside for Ryan from being Speaker. His profile was already well known considering he was the VP candidate in 2012, he was already the establishment favorite by far, he was in good standing with the conservative right, and he was in a position where he had the ability to shape legislation (for political and practical purposes).

Now, he is loathed by the far right base, he will only grow more unpopular if he remains Speaker and has to compromise with Clinton, and has the stink of not unendorsing Trump which can be used as a line of attack in the general if he ever made it through his party's primary.

It makes no sense.

Boke1879

If they are gonna drop the Gabba Gabba, wouldn't it make sense to do so a couple days before the election given the apparently incredible short-term memory loss of the public?

Not to keep harping on it, but if something is coming. It's probably going to happen either tomorrow or Friday. Early voting etc and all that.

But I do see what you're saying. If anything drops it'll be to depress his election day turnout.

Boke1879

I agree with the notion that unless it is Trump on tape, it is not a bombshell politically regardless of how disgusting it may be.

Eh regardless. Shit still should be reported on. Like I've said. If the media can talk about emails all fucking day. This is no different.

Sure it may not move the needle but at least it's out there.

Iolo

What is a democrat? A miserable little pile of complacency.

Unless democrats finally get their act together and start panicking like adults, that's it. Marco Rubio becomes the new president.

Calling dibs on "Marco Poll-o" for a 2020 OT

Bowdz

Eh regardless. Shit still should be reported on. Like I've said. If the media can talk about emails all fucking day. This is no different.

Sure it may not move the needle but at least it's out there.

I agree. I want every piece of information out about Trump, I just don't think any print stories will effect the race anymore. It has to be Trump on tape for it to make a difference sadly.

Trouble

Banned

Exhj0Mh.gif

Sadsic

Fox News. +3 Clinton.

the way they screen for likely voters on that poll is really weird... it's like a 0-10 system with 10 being definitely vote and 0 being will not vote but everyone can take the survey either way

im not sure how they weighed it, but it could really be like +5

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm listening to Duran Duran

Their hit song is rio

The rio grande separates us and Mexico

Trump thinks Mexico is bad

Therefore trump will win

Fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom