• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/791423666919616512
Rick WilsonVerified account
‏@TheRickWilson
Stand by, kids.

The party is getting started.

IuWPhRC.gif

dramatis

I still wonder why Paul Ryan took the speaker job. Anyone with any sense would have seen the clusterfuck from a mile away and laid low. He could have stayed quiet and ridden this storm out until 2020 or 2024. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see him eaten alive by the Freedom Caucus and the Trump people, it just seems like a 'sane' Republican would have known to stay out of all of this.
In person, it was probably very awkward, sad, and painful to sit in a room with John Boehner crying for a very long time.

Iolo

True ~oppo~ does not need preannouncements of preannouncements. Whatever they have to drop, it is probably along the lines of every other thing the pundits said would end Trump.

Bowdz

I bet this is going to be a nothing burger of a story. Probably a print story with third party eye witnesses and no video or audio.

Joeytj

Banned
True ~oppo~ does not need preannouncements of preannouncements. Whatever they have to drop, it is probably along the lines of every other thing the pundits said would end Trump.

Yeah, that's becoming an fact of life this election season. True bombs come out of nowhere, not hyped up like Wikileaks and O'Keefe nothingburgers.

At least O'Keefe and Wikileaks deliver something, Rick Wilson is just tweeting out that something is dropping and never does.

Eichenwald overhypes his vanilla scandals.

The only true oppo droppo extraordinaire has been Fahrenthold.

Ecotic

With Ryan what happened was after Kevin MCarthy failed there was basically no one else who could get enough support to be Speaker and Ryan was stuck in the spot of having to accept the position or no one would let him forget that he was being selfish in the party's time of need.

Wilsongt

Joe Walsh
✔
@WalshFreedom

On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump.

On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket.

You in?
4:02 PM - 26 Oct 2016

Sure thing, sweaty.

It's startling how forcefully you all call out this oppo tease bullshit against Trump but when O'Keefe says he has a video coming out you lose your fucking minds with fear.

Maybe apply it on both sides?

the way they screen for likely voters on that poll is really weird... it's like a 0-10 system with 10 being definitely vote and 0 being will not vote but everyone can take the survey either way

im not sure how they weighed it, but it could really be like +5

This is where I am right now. Ignoring the nonsense IBD Poll that has Clinton +2 for obvious reasons, the latest polls on pollster (taken Oct 20th and newer) have clinton at:

Clinton +5 (Fox)
Clinton +8 (ABC)
Clinton +12 (Democracy Corps)
Clinton +13 (AP/Gfk)
Clinton +10 (Suffolk)
Clinton +6 (Reuters)
Clinton +6 (CNN)

so an average of 8.5 points...but clearly +5 and +6 are the absolute floor. we have three polls clustered around that point and 4 that are substantially higher.

Reuters, CNN, and Fox are all likely making the same assumptions about turnout that overestimate republican interest in the race- from what we've seen from early voting pretty much everywhere with republican turnout depressed and democratic turnout breaking records there's no way she ends up at +5 or +6.

Obama 2012 was +3.9. This kind of wave is clearly better than two points nationally over 2012.

the most astonishing thing this election was when hurricane matthew was all over the news that friday and the access hollywood tape dropped midday and completely swallowed all of the hurricane coverage going into the night. cnn had reduced it to a banner at the bottom by 1am ET.

HTupolev

To remind everyone again, even this would still be a win for Clinton:

CyU8T7E.png

It's startling how forcefully you all call out this oppo tease bullshit against Trump but when O'Keefe says he has a video coming out you lose your fucking minds with fear.

Uncertainty against Clinton is, and should be, scarier for Clinton supporters than uncertainty against a guy who's otherwise losing anyway.

Boke1879

Yup. These people are just hyping their own shit. There could be some disgusting shit in here, but it could be a story about Donald Duck

It's not the same people doing this. Maybe don't give us false generalizations?

The overwhelming response to O'Keefe has been to call him a con artist anyway.

Gruco

Banned
To remind everyone again, even this would still be a win for Clinton:

CyU8T7E.png
And has been since the race started.

It's like, I dunno. Even when things got "bad" before the first debate, I really don't think Trump ever had a path.

Even if there is a systemic problem with all polls only anticipated by American Folk Hero Nate Silver, Trump....still doesn't really have a path.

Wilson is just teasing shit to get people to vote McMuffin
Everyone should just assume this is the case until proven otherwise, if only for the sake of their own sanity. Either we win through pumping out insane numbers of voters to reject a toxic candidate, or we win through pumping out insane numbers of voters to reject an even more toxic candidate.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I actually agree that the last weekend would be the best. Don't you remember the sheer chaos of the access hollywood weekend?

But Wilson doesn't know anything because if so he wouldn't tease it. So I say we stop talking about it.

now back to regularly scheduled polling freakout

I never thought I could feel genuinely exhausted following politics, but here we are. I can't look away either.

I'm going on vacation next week. It's a good thing because I'm about to go bonkers. I can't rest until Hillary has officially reached 270. Even a narrow victory would disgust me. Shit, even if 35 percent vote for Trump, that's too many in my eyes.
NvXjZ.gif

Losing Colorado and Virginia kills the GOP.

Other than shifting more pro weed and anti-free trade I don't even know what it would take to get some states back

Did my part and voted Monday in Michigan. We don't have early voting exactly, but I grabbed an absentee ballot at my city clerk's office and filled it out there and dropped it in the ballot box. First time I'm not going to my actual polling place to vote, but I want nothing to do with any polling place on 11/8 if I can avoid it.

Retro

Any chance it's being teased so early to give local news station notice?

I know, it can't be that big, but I can dream.

Cyanity

Banned
I'm kind of checked out of this election until more oppo drops or Trump has a heart attack (dear gay jesus make it so). Gonna be off partying it up at a halloween con this weekend, so uh, yea. Keep doing you, PoliGAF. We've got this in the bag. BUT GO VOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom