• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Any chance it's being teased so early to give local news station notice?

I know, it can't be that big, but I can dream.

Nah. I'm sure it's just a written story. I'm sure it's disgusting but it won't get any play. But I feel stuff like this should still be reported on. Just like Trumps taxes.

That said I do agree the last week would be best to drop REAL oppo.

Any chance it's being teased so early to give local news station notice?

I know, it can't be that big, but I can dream.

No, media outlets are competing for big news, it's ridiculous to think some media outlet is holding out on some big oppo.

IMO Wilson is full of shit.

Things seem to be swell in Nevada.
Cvu4w4aUkAAmge6.jpg

Was just watching liberal MSNBC to see what folks are thinking and they had Congressman Elijah Cummings on. He claimed that as soon as Hillary steps into office she'll be facing countless investigations and the specter of impeachment. She'll get a lot done indeed.

thcsquad

I actually agree that the last weekend would be the best. Don't you remember the sheer chaos of the access hollywood weekend?

But Wilson doesn't know anything because if so he wouldn't tease it. So I say we stop talking about it.

now back to regularly scheduled polling freakout

Wouldn't earlier be better to affect more of the early voting? Access Hollywood had a pretty long tail, I think the short attention span of something dropped now would Peter out just after the election.

rjinaz

Scottie and Cory trying to say ground game is a scam

Yeah watching that. They truly are amazing, it's like take everything that numbers constantly show and throw it out the window because Trump.

I also noticed that the Trump surrogates today have had genuine smiles on their faces. They are happy. They are believing the horse race narrative. emperorgoodgood.img

Wouldn't earlier be better to affect more of the early voting? Access Hollywood had a pretty long tail, I think the short attention span of something dropped now would Peter out just after the election.

earlier is better because many people don't pay attention the day something drops, they get caught up in the inevitable post media hype that repeats it over and over.

TOO early is bad because of short attention spans, but last weekend is WAY too late.

I don't understand why Republicans think that anyone actually gives a fuck about anything they plan to investigate while Hillary is in office. Literally nobody cares except deplorables.

GhaleonEB

I don't understand why Republicans think that anyone actually gives a fuck about anything they plan to investigate while Hillary is in office. Literally nobody cares except deplorables.

The deplorables are the ones who keep electing them, so they're just catering to their base.

wutwutwut

The deplorables are the ones who keep electing them, so they're just catering to their base.
I'm reluctantly coming to the conclusion that the deplorables (mostly baby boomers) just need to die for the country to move forward. Basically Planck's quote about science advancing one funeral at a time, except in politics.

mo60

earlier is better because many people don't pay attention the day something drops, they get caught up in the inevitable post media hype that repeats it over and over.

TOO early is bad because of short attention spans, but last weekend is WAY too late.

The state of an election can change rather quickly if there are a lot of people that are undecided in the last weekend of an election. A big story may help push these undecided voters to choose someone to vote for.

If Dems take the Senate, expect their ability to filibuster SCOTUS nominees to go *poof*

I think on some level we all know that's where any real progress will come from for Clinton's term(s), until/unless the House is un-borked. It's certainly where I'm calibrating my expectations.

What it guarantees is the perpetual campaign-mode mentality. If GOP is going to just sit on their hands, it means Obama and Biden are going to be on every Sunday show until 2018 with the same mantra, "The do-nothing House is part of the Party of Trump, keeping the People's agenda from being enacted."

They'll hammer it every day until that becomes the constant story that every Dem pivots to, in every interview. If the margins are close enough in the House, I am thinking they can shake enough votes from Reps in marginal districts to put Ryan in a position to make a deal, or confirm the Mantra by caving to Freedumb Caucus positions.

thcsquad

If Dems take the Senate, expect their ability to filibuster SCOTUS nominees to go *poof*

I think on some level we all know that's where any real progress will come from for Clinton's term(s), until/unless the House is un-borked. It's certainly where I'm calibrating my expectations.

Yep, I'd say give them a couple months of actual filibustering to make it clear to the American people that the GOP is that stupid, and then nuke it.

What it guarantees is the perpetual campaign-mode mentality. If GOP is going to just sit on their hands, it means Obama and Biden are going to be on every Sunday show until 2018 with the same mantra, "The do-nothing House is part of the Party of Trump, keeping the People's agenda from being enacted."

They'll hammer it every day until that becomes the constant story that every Dem pivots to, in every interview. If the margins are close enough in the House, I am thinking they can shake enough votes from Reps in marginal districts to put Ryan in a position to make a deal, or confirm the Mantra by caving to Freedumb Caucus positions.

I don't think people will care.

NeoXChaos

I wish but I don't expect Obama and Biden to...well maybe they will. I am just prepared to be stuck with an R House well into my 30's possibly 40's sadly. Not that it's been new to me since they have controlled it for most of my life anyway.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is the CO shift permanent though, or is Trump a uniquely poor GOP candidate for the state?

It also shifted for Obama. There are just too many educated whites. That's basically the pattern and the only reason I'm a LITTLE worried about Nevada. But early votes have sort of made that irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom