• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeytj

Banned
Nate Bronze Age speaks, with emojis:

How are Dems "wat to complacent" according to Nate?

The constant state of mind for 99% of Dems this year has been anywhere between nervous and panic, and yet he says people are complacent just because they aren't in full panic mode?

And he's supposed to be calmer about the results than most people, and yet he can't let go of his "Fuck-I-Got-Trump-Wrong-In-The-Primaries" trauma.

media is in panic mode because people have either already voted or are tuning out until the evening of Nov. 8th, so they have to do something to get people to watch them again

media is in panic mode because people have either already voted or are tuning out until the evening of Nov. 8th, so they have to do something to get people to watch them again
Why cant they cover FFXV in the mean time? I dont understand. It's out in a month and no one covering it. Biased. Drain the swamp.

Joeytj

Banned
What I DO agree with, is that we shouldn't be expecting the media and everybody else to think the race is over. It isn't, literally.

Trump is too much of a danger to start whining about polls with HIllary only +3 and not +15 every single day. It's one thing for us to be confident for the sake of not bedwetting ourselves each day, but we shouldn't expect or want the media, the Clinton campaign or Dems to discard outliers and pretend the race can't tighten.

We have early voting confirming our worst fears won't be realized, that polls are off by historic proportions and could hand Trump a win. On the contrary, things are looking better than expected or at least like the Clinton campaign expected, with record turnout this election.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Can't remember if I asked this before but how bad will this Obamacare shit hurt her if at all?

Something like 80% won't see any actual price increases due to subsidies.
So, probably not even enough to move the needle 1%.

Honestly, the best step forward is a Medicare Buy In Option, it's easy to sell to the public, and it gives Medicare more leverage to negoiate some prices.
A government run public option won't do much, as it won't have more leverage than regular insurance companies, and profit margins are already capped for Insurance companies as it is. The issue is not for profit insurance as much as inelastic medical care demand.

I was elated to hear Hillary mention the idea.

It's also the best way to prove to the very skeptical public that a single payer system could eventually work and a way to smoothly transition to it.

Had lunch with a couple very conservative family members and they were talking about the house GOP ousting Ryan and making Trump speaker. Sure, put the guy responsible for your team losing the presidency and the senate in charge of the house. Seems like a good idea.

Boke1879

Had lunch with a couple very conservative family members and they were talking about the house GOP ousting Ryan and making Trump speaker. Sure, put the guy responsible for your team losing the presidency and the senate in charge of the house. Seems like a good idea.

Well at least they seem to think Trump won't be president lol

I don't mean to complain about moderation but the alex jones antisemtism thread wasn't normal behavior for him. Thats been new recently. He used to attack antisemtism and was married to a jewish women.

This is something special with 2016 and Trump and the alt-right

kadotsu

Banned

Keepin' it 1600 is playing conservatives like a fiddle.

Nafai1123

Banned
All this tightening of Democratic bladders is just going to cause them to run to the polls in their piss drenched britches. Sounds good to me.

jiggle

Only one thing can save us from this disastrous day

OpoOpo.jpg

I can't believe Hillary will be stuck with a Republican Senate her whole reign. Hopefully we can keep the GOP from getting a supermajority in 2018, but I'm doubtful.
I wanted to join in too.

Boke1879

Discount Jeffrey Toobin trying to justify CNN's "TeH Horsaerace!!" because it helps people not get complacent.

lol. The real reason is ratings. People like John King essentially know the race is over, but they have to make it appear close.

I will agree it's a good thing the media isn't acting like the the election is over though. Why would anyone show up to the polls if that were the case?

Can someone explain why everyone's freaking out

I don't think a single person is really freaking out. The Flordia poll contradicts every other poll from Flor this month, the Nevada poll decided Trump is winning 40% of Latinos...... and the Fox News poll is pretty normal since their polls have been swinging between 2-7 point lead since Oct.

I really don't want John Kennedy to be the next Senator from Louisiana. =(

And I'm disappointed that Foster Campbell will probably face him in the run-off. He came off pretty dumb in the Senate debate, while the other Democrat, Caroline Fayard, was easily the best of the bunch.

The clock is running out. The polls will tighten *a bit*, and then Clinton will likely outperform them, just as Barry did... but yeah. The presidency is in the bag. The senate is leaning the right way, but isn't in the bag yet, and the house isn't going to happen in 2016.

But it doesn't need to.

The GOP will take control again of the legislature soon even if it did happen this year. No biggie either way.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Funny to see trump complain about the media when they spend day in and day out cherrypicking polls to make him look closer to Hilllary than he actually is.

While I hate this misleading stuff its probably beneficial in the long run. Dems have to show up to vote and can't sit at home assuming that Hillary is going to have a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom