• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeytj

Banned
You don't really change anything because of early voting. It;s just if you say you've already voted, you're 100% in the LV pool no matter what.

Today really hasn't been a bad day in polling for Hillary.

Nationally:

Hillary +15
Hillary +9
Hillary +9
Hillary +6

She got two good leads in NH, and a really fucked up poll in NV.

The Florida poll is just not right for a lot of reasons, but people love to focus on the one odd thing...

Oh, ok, so only likely voter screens become more accurate, is what you're saying?

Also, I meant "shitty" in terms of quality. I know those "bad" polls are outliers. I'm worried/frustrated that we haven't gotten that much traditionally quality polls this election, especially with less than two weeks to go.

I wonder what Trump's nickname for Romney would have been.

would have been calling him a loser right out of the gate.

talking up Ross in NC make some sense because there's that race hasn't had a fraction of the exposure that Trump/Clinton and McRory/Cooper have had. They did one debate no one watched and Burr has been low energy as possible to try to coast in.

The poll showing Nevada tied is right in line with Hilary winning by 4-5. Their polls have also favored trump on nv all cycle.

Plus haven't changed a thing yet.

Oh, ok, so only likely voter screens become more accurate, is what you're saying?

Also, I meant "shitty" in terms of quality. I know those "bad" polls are outliers. I'm worried/frustrated that we haven't gotten that much traditionally quality polls this election, especially with less than two weeks to go.

I don't know that they get more accurate, exactly. Just that you might end up with people in the LV pool who wouldn't be in there if they hadn't already voted. But, I have no idea if that makes them more or less accurate. Logically, I would assume more....but I'm a dumb about some things.

Same one we used:
OriginalBankster.jpg

His better EP
maxresdefault.jpg

The poll showing Nevada tied is right in line with Hilary winning by 4-5. Their polls have also favored trump on nv all cycle.

Plus haven't changed a thing yet.

Oh no, that poll is just straight up fucked up. Like, it's just a mess. Trump is over performing Romney among Hispanic voters by 16 points. SIXTEEN POINTS. He's getting 40% of the Latino vote.

Little bit of both - so many cell phones, and voter excitement has been swinging around like crazy. I'm not gonna be too hard on pollsters this year...this year is weeeiiird.

This is why I'm not all that concerned with polling in NV and FL. Lots of young, cell-phone only voters, who also happen to be highly mobile, and while Dem-leaning, register as NPA. It's a perfect storm of confusion and hit-n-miss polling. Coordinating the last 10 days of reminders to vote, and polling place information dissemination will be where efforts are focused with these voters, IMO

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow Hillary is losing Nevada now because systematic polling errors will cancel out all that early voting

lolo help

The whiplash these polls are going to induce when they all swerve Left next week will be amazing.

Someone get Bill Mitchell a neck brace and a drool cup, he'll need help

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh Hillary is kinda flat and trump is up. That's kind of to be expected. She's lower in this survey than in most others.

commedieu

Banned
Can't remember if I asked this before but how bad will this Obamacare shit hurt her if at all?

You're asking for something that's kind of impossible to discern from public polling. There's no way to know how much one specific variable, in this race especially, is moving voters one way or another without doing a deeper dive into some sort of panel to ask voters who used to support Clinton and now do no (or are not responding) why they rescinded their support. The campaign might have information like that, but that's not something we can really get from public polling.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I come home to find CNN (or at least Wolf) really trying to push the "it's anyone's race!" narrative again. If the side effect is more panicked Democratic turnout, sure, why not. At this point I assume all Trumpettes have demanded their respective TV services strike the Clinton News Network from their plans.

If it wasn't over before, it certainly is now, folks!

Intrepid journalist and truth-teller HAHA Goodman is now writing for the Daily Caller. Pack it up folks, we're dooooooomed

tumblr_nhq5bv_CI6_A1t301p7o1_400.gif

Nate Bronze Age speaks, with emojis:

@NateSilver538
People are *reaallllly* pushing the "it's tightening!" narrative and 🍒 cherry-picking 🍒 a lot to do it.

‏@NateSilver538
I'm also on Team Uncertainty-Is-High-This-Year-And-Dems-Are-Way-Too-Complacent. But evidence for tightening is tenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom