• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would call that the laziest ad ever made, but it probably took 35 takes for Trump to say Sarkaar correctly.

They seriously had a cut in the middle of a single Indian sentence because Trump couldn't pronounce it correctly all at once.

Emarv

cool. nothing major we didn't already suspect, then. All I hope this means is that one of the surrogates will make a complimentary stop here in Texas now, so I can go.

I'm impressed by the lack of self-respect shown by white evangelicals.

You know Trump hates these people and considers them part of the "other" based on that he always says "THE Evangelicals" like he says "The Hispanics" and "The African Americans."

But white evangelicals still are voting for him even though he obviously views them as part of that "other"!

LOL more than half of people voting for Trump in Texas aren't actually voting for Trump.

KN6u6cU.jpg

I would not mind if they replaced Wolf with a stone. Just a polished stone. Probably would ask more insightful questions.
Wolf Blitzer is the 1995 Civic of news anchors. Boring, no frills, makes you sigh every time you look at it, but performs its relatively simple duties perfectly and with no variation on a day to day basis and will run for a million miles before being put out of its misery. He's a 2 hour freeway commute stuck in traffic of a news anchor. Like it or not, he does what he's supposed to do perfectly, just like the damn Civic does. A few times a year, if you're lucky, he'll get energetic enough to test the VTEC out in the high rpm range that you paid thousands extra for a better trim level to get.

So really, he's awesome at that job, and he's compensated incredibly well for perform that very boring job. No controversies, no fuss, just point him at a camera and he operates effortlessly like your damn Civic down the highway. And I swear this isn't just a story about my parents 95 civic I drove for years.

Loudninja

cool. nothing major we didn't already suspect, then. All I hope this means is that one of the surrogates will make a complimentary stop here in Texas now, so I can go.
Ehhh this is really really bad.

Ground game or high turn out in certain areas can flip that.

Amir0x

Banned
Are we really at a point where a Republican up only 3 points in Texas is "no big deal"?
The weeks since debate 1 started has been filled with too much hopium, people's tolerance for hopium is too much now to get high off three measly points in Texas. We need Dem House +34 seats type hopium to feel anything now.

I'm feeling pretty complacent about the presidential race now. I think rather than vote I'll sit at home on Election Day and watch reruns of Spongebob Squarepants.

Emarv

Are we really at a point where a Republican up only 3 points in Texas is "no big deal"?

it's a huge deal, but not really in terms of the election. we're too close to the end for the campaign to really invest any money that should be going to places they actually have office in. ads are a waste of resources. I'd love a complementary surrogate to come to Houston or SA, though. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I'm one of the biggest Texas believers here. This is amazing news, but I think a few of us were referring to what type of numbers will make a big splash enough to really strike fear into the GOP. Texas +3 just corroborates "toss up but likely R" narrative people have been using since the last +3 poll.

Long term this is great news, and I've said before anything less that +5 on election night will probably make me cry tears of joy.

I hope this gets every democrat from every last corner of Texas out to vote so they can say they were part of the most embarrassing state upset in presidential history. Utah would be almost as shameful, but that's an oddity with third party people. Texas is head-to-head. No excuses.

Amir0x

Banned
Essentially PoliGAF is a sort of microcosm of how Trump managed to get where he is. So much insanity that after the biggest stories drop there is always a collective "that's it? Wont do anything" about any remotely smaller story. Weird byproduct of how this country has sometimes unwittingly normalized this level of insanity.

Essentially PoliGAF is a sort of microcosm of how Trump managed to get where he is. So much insanity that after the biggest stories drop there is always a collective "that's it? Wont do anything" about any remotely smaller story. Weird byproduct of how this country has sometimes unwittingly normalized this level of insanity.

Trump got where he is because the Republican party is full of racists, not because people don't care about small stories.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

At this point Trump would have to be caught litterally killing a man to get a shock out of people. We really are just to desensitized to him.

Geg

So, one of my coworkers is convinced that Trump is going to win because he is winning Ohio. I know Ohio is a very powerful battleground state.

What's the outlook?

Ohio's importance is kind of overblown because it's been won by the candidate who goes on to win the election every time since like 1960 or something, and it actually was sort of the decisive state in the 2004 election similarly to how Florida was the decisive state in 2000. But it's not nearly as important in this election. Trump basically has to win Ohio if he's going to have any chance of winning the election, but Clinton has multiple paths to victory that don't include Ohio.

Is the ACA stuff getting a lot of play on cable? That is something a good/smart politician could use to beat Hillary over the head with. Trump's too busy stepping on rakes.

Iolo

Even without a win, anything that makes republicans sweat for hours while the votes are counted in Texas sounds great to me.

Bowdz

The weeks since debate 1 started has been filled with too much hopium, people's tolerance for hopium is too much now to get high off three measly points in Texas. We need Dem House +34 seats type hopium to feel anything now.

Lmao, spot on. I think I may seriously be addicted to positive Clinton/negative Trump stories. I'm going to have withdrawals after the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom