• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
latest circle jerk on r/donald is that the amish are voting for donald, and they aren't included in the polls because they don't use telephones/internet/cell phones, hence donald wins!!!

This is actually a malware setup, by the way. Googling this sends you to a fake ABC News page (abc.com.co) that has spyware ads on it.

Not sure whether somebody is scamming r/Donald or whether they're trying to infect randoms to strengthen their DDOS attack or what.

shiba5

Haha, he mad.

It never fails to crack me up when conservatives freak out over "radical Islamic terrorism" is not being terminology used by government officials. So petty and superficial.

But that's part of Trump's massive 3-point plan to defeat ISIS. Phase 3 was to call them names. The phrase "radical Islamic terrorist" makes them spontaneously combust. Or something.

Pack it up guys :(

Alex Jones says that Donald has won the election in a landslide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFODDL6lmEI

Not only that, but the voter turnout for Donald smashed all previous records, and won't ever be this high again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3CapaDwD8

hmm let's read the com-

Glen O'Donnell1 day ago
I live in Australia and follow the US election from the side line.. Trump has nothing to gain financially from becoming President.. He has no reason to lie to the American people.. You can see he is doing it because he loves the country and he doesn't want it to go down drain. Hilary Clinton is using every trick in the book to make Trump look bad.

Matthew Caligari1 day ago (edited)
I'm an Aussie living in Australia, never before in my 37 years on this earth, have I followed a US Presidential campaign so closely, never before have I emotionally invested so much of myself into wanting to see one party win.
Its not just America, but the sake and future of the world depends on this election!
I do believe Trump will fulfill on all of his promises!
A vote for Hillary is a vote for Lucifer, it's a vote for Marxism, it's a vote for social decline!

Australia, what the fuck.

Nordicus

But that's part of Trump's massive 3-point plan to defeat ISIS. Phase 3 was to call them names. The phrase "radical Islamic terrorist" makes them spontaneously combust. Or something.
If we started calling them "Daesh" universally then they probably would :p

Maledict

hmm let's read the com-

Australia, what the fuck.

Australia has a seam of really right wing, religious based conservatives running through it. Out of all the Anglo-sphere countries it's the most like the USA in that respect - look at its paralysis over gay marriage, or the ongoing racism issues and the immigrant camps etc.

Like the USA it's a country of two sharply divided people - extremely liberal areas, and also extremely right wing areas (Pauline Hanson!).

danm999

Trump is extraordinarily unpopular in Australia.

Deplorables telling tall tales again.

FT_16.06.28_U.S.Image_.png

sazzy

New University of North Florida poll of Florida:

Clinton 43
Trump 39
Johnson 6
Stein 3

edit-

there's no mention of the NYTimes, WaPo recent headlines about the Clinton Fdn on r/donald.

its funny. they've discredited the genuine news outlets in their minds so thoroughly that they can't possibly come around to accepting anything said by these papers, even if its bad for clinton.

edit2-

IBD/TIPP

C 43
D 41

There are pockets of backwards loons (Hi rural Queensland, SA).

Even racism.

But then this...
That this House:

(a) condemns the misogynistic, hateful comments made by the Republican candidate for President of the United States of America, Mr Donald Trump, about women and minorities, including the remarks revealed over the weekend that clearly describe sexual assault;

(b) reflects on the divisive, destructive impact that hate speech from political candidates and members of elected office has on our community; and

(c) agrees with those who have described Mr Trump as "a revolting slug" unfit for public office.
Passed in the NSW legislature. lol

Oh CNN... even in your best attempt to return to horse race mode at maximum tossup status, Clinton still has 272. They're very selectively choosing what polls to sample from. And you know, I don't even care. Use that extra sweet, sweet ad revenue from this fall to hire Megyn Kelly, please.

danm999

One Nation voters and Corey Bernardi supporters would love Trump for his racism but the bragging about how rich he is would go down even worse than it does in the US. Tall poppy syndrome and all that.

Oh CNN... even in your best attempt to return to horse race mode at maximum tossup status, Clinton still has 272. They're very selectively choosing what polls to sample from. And you know, I don't even care. Use that extra sweet, sweet ad revenue from this fall to hire Megyn Kelly, please.

why? let her go be racist at OAN or something.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Morning Joe: Every internal poll I've seen puts this at a 3 point race!

AP/GFK poll on screen

This is a garbage poll!

NH poll on screen

WOW IT IS CLOSE

sazzy

I don't understand why they talk so extensively about polls without putting them in context, as in what polls came before, showing averages, showing trendlines instead of just blurting out TRENDLINES!!!1.

They jump from pollster to pollster, state to state, mixing them with national polls.

I don't understand why they talk so extensively about polls without putting them in context, as in what polls came before, showing averages, showing trendlines instead of just blurting out TRENDLINES!!!1.

They jump from pollster to pollster, state to state, mixing them with national polls.
This has been my biggest issue with the media and the way it covers polls. You can't cherry pick, and you can't look at them in a snapshot and just make up shit.

sazzy

If the presidential election were the Olympics, bed-wetting would be a sport and Democrats would be the undisputed gold-medal winners. Every four years, they grouse about their nominee and then freak out when a race they believe said nominee should win looks as though it’s lost. Remember what happened when President Obama muffed the first debate with Mitt Romney in 2012? And today, the closing poll numbers between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have Democrats in a near panic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...mned-big-boy-pants-on/?utm_term=.f16aca8eb197

this is from Sep 19th.

Trump is extraordinarily unpopular in Australia.

Deplorables telling tall tales again.

FT_16.06.28_U.S.Image_.png

I am shocked, shocked! Well not that shocked...

Anyway, yesterday a local Belgian news article about the state of the US Presidential race passed by on my facebook feed. I read it, and then..oh god I glanced over the comments.

"Clinton news network"
"Killary"
"left wing liberal media"
"Trump says it like it is"
"Dr Ben Ghazi"

WAT DA FUK. They exist in Belgium as well! People who say Clinton News Network!
How?! I was genuinely shocked to read all the typical bullshit about this election, but in Dutch. Who are these people? Where do they live? Are they my neighbor? Colleague? *shifty eyes*

Goes to show that, no matter the subject, content, site, ... : never look at comments.

I have a somewhat even opinion on him. I haven't heard him say shitty, stupid things like GradeAUnderA (or whatever his name is) for instance, but he did once call himself "rational," which set off such alarms.

What's got you down on him?
The video on who he's gonna vote for president. I'm just sick of the bs of staying in the "middle" when its Donald Trump on the other side. He also implied that Hilary is no better than Trump because bill was accused of being a rapist. It's a video from a week ago YouTube put in my recommended because I watched his Ken Bone video which I thought was decent.

The video on who he's gonna vote for president. I'm just sick of the bs of staying in the "middle" when its Donald Trump on the other side. He also implied that Hilary is no better than Trump because bill was accused of being a rapist. It's a video from a week ago YouTube put in my recommended because I watched his Ken Bone video which I thought was decent.

Oh, I think that we are talking about the same video with respect to the reservations that we have for him. He feels like the kind of person whose idea of being rational is to ignore the actual differences between both sides and artificially places themselves in the middle - not because being in the middle is a sensible position, but because he thinks that doing a false compromise is a good idea.

Hmmm, Trump running very poorly in California - 28%!!

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/...ps-numbers-dropping-into-uncharted-territory/

As noted on Twitter, the California GOP is the 3rd largest in the House. Time to break that piggy bank.

ANOTHER poll shows a small lead in Texas? Go for broke, Abuela.
Yeah Democrats could make some real gains in the House just out of California.

In fact probably fully half of a path to the majority comes from California, New York, Virginia and Florida.

Oh, I think that we are talking about the same video with respect to the reservations that we have for him. He feels like the kind of person whose idea of being rational is to ignore the actual differences between both sides and artificially places themselves in the middle - not because being in the middle is a sensible position, but because he thinks that doing a false compromise is a good idea.
I agree. This and how he talked about Jennifer Lawrence's butthole make me think he's a closet gater.

Diablos

It's depressing to see the House GOP preparing to investigate Hillary for years. Even if she wins the gridlock is gonna be worse. Ugh.

Please win the House, Dems

House GOP is gonna try to impeach her like they tried to repeal Obamacare aren't they.

Just follow the money
Well yeah, but the DNC and the campaign is going to regret not putting some real cash in Texas, IMO

Yeah Democrats could make some real gains in the House just out of California.

In fact probably fully half of a path to the majority comes from California, New York, Virginia and Florida.
Yeah if he keeps underperforming, there's some seats to get, and every seat counts.

NOW IT'S 6 POINTS

Scott Clement
‏@sfcpoll
Clinton leads Trump by 6 in new Washington Post-ABC News Tracking Poll, 48%-42%

BRB GOING TO ORDER NEW SHEETS FROM AMAZON

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Let's say for a second dems are only down by 3 in Texas: is it possible to actually turn that into a 1pt lead with the time left?

I wouldn't bet on it, but that's roughly a gap that groundgame, and a lack of it, could potentially close. The fact it's that close says a lot about the national race though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom