• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

I'm going to spill some tea for you all.

Anyone who expects her to just rip his soul out Mortal Kombat style is in for a sad debate. Because, that's not what she's going to do.

Her strongest rationale for being President, and the reason she is doing so well among certain blocks of voters, is her temperament and the fact that she looks and acts Presidential. Those are the numbers that she needs to protect. Throwing bomb after bomb isn't going to do it. Trump is going to go batshit insane.

I say we let him. If I were Hillary, I would cut his legs out from under him. I'd go out there and tell the moderator in my opening statements "My opponent is going to throw a lot of baseless attacks out here tonight. He's going to say a lot of crazy things. I will not respond to these conspiracy theories, lies and fabrications." And I'd stick to that. Just answer whatever Wallace gives you, and use your rebuttal time to answer the question again.

Do not get in the mud with Trump.

Exactly. We're two debates down and folks keep expecting her to just "go nuclear" on Trump and rip into him like he does to her. Mostly because it would be so satisfying to see a powerful woman like Hillary put Trump in his place. But she's come out on top of both of these debates precisely because she hasn't done that. She could spend the whole 90 minutes laying into Trump and why he's a horrible human being, but people already know that. We are reminded daily what a scumbag Trump is, which frees her up to just focus on her policies.

The fact that Trump spends more time just dissing Hillary than actually answering questions has ultimately hurt him in the long run. And I don't think there are any undecided voters out there at this point who saying to themselves, "You know, I'm willing to vote for Hillary over Trump, but I won't agree to until I see her get a really good zinger on him at one of these debates."

Trouble

Banned
found on the tweeter

Cu7Fd8AVYAAN0NL.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The way people reacted to Trump after the 2nd debate, won't be shocked at all to see Hillary's camp play it exactly the same. I do think Trump knows it is his last gasp effort, though, so I think he'll be doubly over the top.

Mosul Offensive launched. This is going to be a big fight.

Its sad that even once Mosul is taken back the situation in Syria is such a shitshow. I hope they can keep civilian loss to a minimum aka fuck you Trump

I hope the government also has a plan to deal with the city after its all over.

I mentioned this in chat a few minutes ago.

My mom's been killing it with phone banking. I actually got her to stay on script, and she's making her way through a fuck ton of calls. She even managed to talk two other older women into volunteering for Hillary.

But, last night, the fiance and I finally figured out our schedule of when we could go vote. So, we told her we'd go on Wednesday. And she just got really, really quiet (which is rare) and just kinda sat there and said "I'm going to vote for the first woman who will become President."

And it was actually super emotional. I think there are a lot of women, particularly of a certain age, who are going through something very similar. This is, literally, the first time in my mom's entire life where she volunteered or gave money to a candidate.

Going to be emotional, man.

Dierce

Hope they find the assholes responsible for the fire. I wonder what leftist would dub them 'nazi republican,' I mean to many on the far left both words have similar meaning so just the act of stating both seems unnecessary.

Reminds me of the swastika that was drawn next to the word media and left for the CNN reporter. Not rushing to any conclusions but just bringing up similarities.

Honestly, this election has been so mentally taxing. Every day, I'm a little bit more excited that it's closer to the end.

Crossing into the teens of days left is going to be really fucking fantastic. And then single digits. I'm just so done.

Its sad that even once Mosul is taken back the situation in Syria is such a shitshow. I hope they can keep civilian loss to a minimum aka fuck you Trump

I hope the government also has a plan to deal with the city after its all over.
Obama strategy has worked in Iraq.

Minimal "advisor" support + Airstrikes which resulted in a string of successes.

Kobane, Ramadi, Fallujah, Manbij, Qayyarah and now Mosul is in target. Pretty successful strategy with zero US combatant death.

Welp.

http://midnightsunak.com/2016/10/16/midnight-sun-exclusive-new-poll-shows-trump-clinton-tied-alaska/

New polling numbers provided exclusively to The Midnight Sun by the Alaska Democratic Party show Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in a statistical tie in The Last Frontier.

The poll was conducted by Washington D.C. based Lake Research Group from October 11-13 and surveyed 500 likely general election voters. According to their website Lake Research Group has done work for former President Bill Clinton, Vice-President Joe Biden, and dozens of congressional and senate Democrats including former Alaska Senator Mark Begich.

Clinton: 36
Trump: 37
Johnson: 7
Stein: 3

More on how Clinton's camp wants to tackle red states in the last 3 weeks of the election:

1) Clinton debate: Protect the blues or explore the reds

A state-by-state analysis of the presidential map looks favorable to Hillary Clinton with about three weeks to go -- and inside her campaign team there is a debate about whether to try to expand the map by targeting a traditionally Republican state or two.

There are two tracks to this internal debate: whether to branch out at all, and then, if so, where to look for a red state surprise.

Julie Pace of The Associated Press shared inside reporting on the options -- and the voice of caution in the Clinton high command.

"(These are) places like Arizona, Georgia, even Utah that traditionally vote Republican in presidential elections but (are) looking shaky for Trump," Pace said.

"But it's more of the idea of making a big false splash. Her campaign advisers like the idea she could maybe draw a huge crowd in a place like Salt Lake City. And yeah, it's interesting -- and some of the holdup though I am told comes from Robby Mook, who's Clinton's notoriously cautious campaign manager. He has been saying throughout this election he wants to get to 270 Electoral College votes in the most efficient, easiest way possible."

Picking Georgia as a late Clinton target makes sense for a number of reasons: The polls of late are close, plus there is the history of Bill Clinton winning the state in 1992.

But as Hillary Clinton's aides debate the pros and cons, Jonathan Martin of The New York Times reminded us the key to winning Georgia would be suburban Atlanta, an area that isn't as favorable to Democrats as, say, the suburbs in northern Virginia or just outside Philadelphia.

"The reason it's tough is because (in) the vast Atlanta suburbs, there are plenty of voters there who don't like Trump that much. But the Clinton campaign feel like it's less like, for example, Northern Virginia and Raleigh (North Carolina) and more like a traditional Southern suburb, and so it's a little bit tougher for them down there. So if you see her there in the last week or so, we're going to know they are feeling good," Martin said.

sphagnum

Banned
Obama strategy has worked in Iraq.

Minimal "advisor" support + Airstrikes which resulted in a string of successes.

Kobane, Ramadi, Fallujah, Manbij, Qayyarah and now Mosul is in target. Pretty successful strategy with zero US combatant death.

People hate it because they see ISIS attacks outside of Syria and think that ISIS isn't dying. The media hasn't done a very good job reporting on this war.

tmarg

Those numbers reek of temporarily depressed Trump voters who will never actually vote for anyone else, but don't want to put their name next to his right now either. They'll come home, and AK won't be even remotely close on election day.

Hmm, would you do a compromise like this:

-Federal judges get 18 year term limits and are handled by a non-partisan committee of judges.

-House districts are drawn by computer.

As a constitutional amendment?

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP
Oct 16, 2016, 6:29 PM

I will laugh loudly if the people who did this have nothing to do with Democrats.

Alaska Dem party wants to bait Hilldawg into spending money in Alaska.

Not gonna happen.
Yeah, but maybe they can throw Gore our there or something I guess and talk about how climate change us affecting Alaska's national parks (no idea if Alaskans would actually be receptive to that message)? Not worth going after really, but it would still be great to yank even that many more EVs from Trump.

Those numbers reek of temporarily depressed Trump voters who will never actually vote for anyone else, but don't want to put their name next to his right now either. They'll come home, and AK won't be even remotely close on election day.

Actually, their last poll had Trump at 38 and Hillary at 30. So there isn't actually a lot of movement on the Trump side, just a surge on the Hillary side. And there was a GOP poll that had Hillary down by 3 the other day.

Revolver

Donald J. Trump

Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP

I will laugh loudly if the people who did this have nothing to do with Democrats.

They're talking about this on CNN now and how he's so quick to jump to conclusions without any evidence and how it's concerning for a presidential candidate to do this.

PKrockin

Donald J. Trump

The two tweets side by side is so telling of their leadership qualities.

o5E0mxP.png

kevin1025

Banned
Donald J. Trump

This kind of talk is a threat to national security, as far as I'm concerned. His supporters will feel like retaliating, the crazy ones at least, and I fear for Dem offices right now.

So this was graffitid on the NC GOP office

16-NC-GOP-office-firebombed-spray-paint.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Could be just me but it's way too forward. Anyway, we will have security cam footage if someone stayed there to paint that.

They're talking about this on CNN now and how he's so quick to jump to conclusions without any evidence and how it's concerning for a presidential candidate to do this.

I wish someone would bring up how the Egypt Air crash wasn't terrorism even though Trump claimed immediately and insistently that it was.

Of course, Sisi made the investigation as opaque as possible so we can't be certain as to what it was, but terrorism as the cause looks exceedingly unlikely.

HylianTom

Banned
They could also send a surrogate up to Alaska (whoever has the highest approval data up there, I guess?).

Even if Hillary loses there, the idea of a competitive Alaska just makes me grin like a kid. I'd love to see a campaign speech with a great wilderness backdrop. It'd make for a pretty attention-grabbing image on TV, as well.

Could be just me but it's way too forward. Anyway, we will have security cam footage if someone stayed there to paint that.

I torn. On the one hand, I feel like it's counterproductive. OTOH, they certainly don't seem to care about making minorities feel unsafe, so you reap what you sow.

make-racists-afraid-again-1475253035.jpg

I mentioned this in chat a few minutes ago.

My mom's been killing it with phone banking. I actually got her to stay on script, and she's making her way through a fuck ton of calls. She even managed to talk two other older women into volunteering for Hillary.

But, last night, the fiance and I finally figured out our schedule of when we could go vote. So, we told her we'd go on Wednesday. And she just got really, really quiet (which is rare) and just kinda sat there and said "I'm going to vote for the first woman who will become President."

And it was actually super emotional. I think there are a lot of women, particularly of a certain age, who are going through something very similar. This is, literally, the first time in my mom's entire life where she volunteered or gave money to a candidate.

Going to be emotional, man.

I'm really excited to see how my Grandma reacts. Alongside generally having an abhorrence for Trump, she's seemed really excited about the first female President.

I'm kinda leaning towards inside job; it reminds me of the guy who spray-painted black power on his car and claimed that he had been vandalized by BlackLivesMatter. I'm not going to make any claims because it's a serious matter, but a leftist terrorist attack is not terribly common.

They could also send a surrogate up to Alaska (whoever has the highest approval data up there, I guess?).

Even if Hillary loses there, the idea of a competitive Alaska just makes me grin like a kid. I'd love to see a campaign speech with a great wilderness backdrop. It'd make for a pretty attention-grabbing image on TV, as well.

idk I love the idea of having to send Trump to Alaska in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom