• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young actually could lose because he's so fucking crazy. I believe he has an opponent that the DCCC really likes, but I haven't seen any polling there. If we take back the House, it's through seats like AK-AL.

Didn't know that. Just looked at past election results and it got relatively close in 2008 and even in 2014 the Democrats did pretty well. But even still they were both 6 and 10 points differences and will still be hard to close without a large swing.

I noticed 538 dropped Hillary down in Utah. 4.3% right now when I think they had here around 15% or so last week when McMullin was trending and said to be taking votes from Trump. Is Utah still thought to be a potential Hillary win or not looking like it now?

I agree with 538.

Utah will either break with Trump completely and vote McMuffin, or will express their hatred of Hillary through voting Trump.

They won't be evenly split between the two, which is what would be required for Hillary to have a shot.

Ihyll

Anyone know what's going on right now? Anon is saying on twitter that Assange might be dead and the wikileaks twitter posted some weird mixture of letters and numbers

Bowdz

God, that firebombing of the NCGOP HQ is terrible. I hope they catch whoever is responsible for it ASAP. Voter suppression, intimidation, and fraud are all totally unacceptable in our democracy.

As for Clinton's campaign and their possible investments, they should absolutely be targeting AZ and GA aggressively to accelerate long term trends. Mook shouldn't be overly cautious considering the blue wall + CO, NH, and VA are 273. As long as those look solid and the national polls are solid, expand the map.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
God, that firebombing of the NCGOP HQ is terrible. I hope they catch whoever is responsible for it ASAP. Voter suppression, intimidation, and fraud are all totally unacceptable in our democracy.

As for Clinton's campaign and their possible investments, they should absolutely be targeting AZ and GA aggressively to accelerate long term trends. Mook shouldn't be overly cautious considering the blue wall + CO, NH, and VA are 273. As long as those look solid and the national polls are solid, expand the map.

Nevada is looking pretty solid too.

Iolo

Again when HRC is up she tends to play prevent defense, I doubt she will be campaigning in AZ/GA. Fortunately she has effective surrogates.

Iolo

Also English lacks a native word for marijuana, we translate it as Mary Jane.

Did you know the French have no native word for hygiene

sphagnum

Banned
Jamescita Mae Peshlakai, the Democratic candidate for state senate for northeastern Arizona, said she even finds Trump’s slogan offensive. “Make America great again?” she asks. “There was an even greater America before 1492.”

Damn

Magni

Also English lacks a native word for marijuana, we translate it as Mary Jane.

Did you know the French have no native word for hygiene

Fuck you. And the English word hygiene comes from the French hygiène (which itself comes from ancient Greek).

Pyrokai

Is it safe to assume Wikileaks as an arm of the Russian government at this point? I can't understand how an independent organization that....is sane.... would want to sabotage the only person keeping the country from literally falling into chaos?

royalan

Source? They had said $154m.

Maybe I missed something, but that's the number the put up on CNN a while ago.

Still...154 million with less than a month to go?

Where's my big budget ad directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Michael B Jordan, Idris Elba, Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth. All shirtless with the Hillary logo painted on their chests?

C'mon Hillary, you can afford it.

HylianTom

Banned
If Hillary has that crazy kind of money, she can have another night of primetime DNC-like material in the final week of the campaign. The big 4 networks, plus MTV, BET, VH1, Lifetime, O..

It'd be a great opportunity to look positive and Presidential, in contrast with the shitshow that is Trump's campaign.

Get Morgan Freeman on the phone!

If Hillary has that crazy kind of money, she can have another night of primetime DNC-like material in the final week of the campaign. The big 4 networks, plus MTV, BET, VH1, Lifetime, O..

It'd be a great opportunity to look positive and Presidential, in contrast with the shitshow that is Trump's campaign.

Get Morgan Freeman on the phone!

Obama 30 minute infomercial like could work

Iolo

She + the victory fund had $150m in cash at the beginning of October, I believe. Trump's side has $75m.

Question is after the money will be spent on field work, expansion, and downballot, how much is left for Morgan Freeman infomercials? It always seems to me like they have more than they could possibly spend.

I'm thinking Trump's fundraising will fall off after the p---y tapes, based on donor responses.

johnsmith

remember me
found on the tweeter

Cu7Fd8AVYAAN0NL.jpg

I like this one better.

tumblr_oe53m818yw1r6q8euo1_1280.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
She + the victory fund had $150m in cash at the beginning of October, I believe. Trump's side has $75m.

Question is after the money will be spent on field work, expansion, and downballot, how much is left for Morgan Freeman infomercials? It always seems to me like they have more than they could possibly spend.

I'm thinking Trump's fundraising will fall off after the p---y tapes, based on donor responses.

The best I can come-up with is comparison to 2008.

Here's CNN's article:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/29/campaign.muscle/

Sen. Barack Obama's 30-minute TV ad, which ran simultaneously on broadcast and cable networks at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, is muscle-flexing that has little precedent, a campaign advertising expert said.

"It's evidence, if you needed any, that the Obama campaign has more money than there is ad time left to buy," said Evan Tracey, director of the Campaign Media Analysis Group. "This is flexing the muscles."

Tracey estimates that it will cost the campaign "in the $4 to 5 million range -- at a minimum, $3.5 million."

But, he said, spending the money is a "no-brainer" for the Democratic presidential hopeful.

"The strategic brilliance of this for Obama is that he is going to consume about 24 hours of the news cycle," Tracey said. "It boxes [John] McCain in, takes the oxygen out of the room."

I'm assuming that the cost has gone up a bit in the past 8 years, but still.. that kind of air dominance seems like a bargain.

Edit:
And here's TPM's tracker from 2008. It looks like it'd be worth a shot.

Iolo

The best I can come-up with is comparison to 2008.

Here's CNN's article:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/29/campaign.muscle/

I'm assuming that the cost has gone up a bit in the past 8 years, but still.. that kind of air dominance seems like a bargain.

Edit:
And here's TPM's tracker from 2008. It looks like it'd be worth a shot.

Interesting. It would also be a sorely needed dose of positivity in the midst of what will certainly be an increasingly dark and unhinged Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom