• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I wonder whether dropping and endorsing Trump in exchange for Trump nominating him to the Supreme Court and Trump nuking the filibuster would be a good move for Cruz.

Possibility 1: Trump wins election (lol) and Cruz gets on Supreme Court.

2: Trump loses election, but Cruz gets on good side of Trump supporters for 2020 while gaining even more establishment hatred that will help him market himself.

Right now, Cruz is just heading to a humiliating defeat.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think that if Bernie wants to be the face of a new, more liberal democratic party wing (or even a new party or whatever) he needs to drop out now. He is getting more virulent (which is normal when you are put into such a desperate electoral point) and that is further alienating / antagonizing Clinton voters/more pragmatic voters.

He cant afford that to happen, he needs to convince them to support pie in the sky type of liberal policies, and I dont think staying in the race until the convention is the way or that even winning the nomination will magically do so. Not a sufficient quantity of liberal americans seem to be desperate enough to embrace disruptive politics (like the right is doing after losing plenty of political arguments).

Most us Hillary supporters here support some form of his ideals. Most of the argument comes from how we get there.

I'd say the things we don't agree on:

-Single Payer being the prefered national health care plan, it's probably not the best option for the United States.
-Free Trade being more good than bad
-Nuclear Power being a viable option until alternatives are better.

I'm sure i'm missing 1 or 2 things, but most of the rest we agree on with more nuance, such as $12 national minimum wage, with states and cities implementing a higher option, appointing justices that don't see speech as money, etc etc

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Do you guys like hate watching TYT?

I haven't tuned in for so long, and whoever this guy from TYT is a fucking delusional moron.

The guest is reasonable as fuck too.

Dude said Obama ran on universal healthcare... so Bernie-stans rewriting history?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OMG they had Chris Van Hollen's face on the MSNBC screen and I thought for sure it was Bernie winning CT. OMG heart attack.

Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into a TYT live blog, but the denial of reality of how Obama just didn't want to push universal healthcare because he's a sellout, this woman being a straight up dick to this guest, and this guy in the glasses screaming at everyone. This is straight up embarrassing.

Do you guys like hate watching TYT?

I haven't tuned in for so long, and whoever this guy from TYT is a fucking delusional moron.

The guest is reasonable as fuck too.

Dude said Obama ran on universal healthcare... so Bernie-stans rewriting history?
He did.

Just his idea of universal healthcare is PPACA.

He's called it "universal healthcare" plenty of times.

PBY

Banned
Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into a TYT live blog, but the denial of reality of how Obama just didn't want to push universal healthcare because he's a sellout, this woman being a straight up dick to this guest, and this guy in the glasses screaming at everyone. This is straight up embarrassing.
Link?

So, will Hillary Clinton be back in blessed 300+ pledged delegate lead territory after tonight?

according to the NYT, her lead is now at 315 (not counting a lot of PA or CT, but also not counting a lot of MD)

which is incidentally the widest it's ever been

that demrace site w/ current benchmark margins and clinton somehow pulling out a 52-48 CT win would put it at 313

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
All Clinton Surrogates have obviously been told not to ask Bernie to get out. Ed Rendell is on message which is almost rarer than a trump voter with a degree.

Yeah, that introduction was pretty awkward.

TYT: "Don't worry guys - Bernie will still win! He'll get the nomination for sure - still a ton of primaries"

Guest: "Hey guys, interesting night - Bernie sure is fucked, huh?

Pretty hilarious. TYT biggest salt mine on earth right now. This guest is way too sensible to on there right now.

I like how Cenk doesnt know what it means to 'be on the sideline;

Slacker

Just tuning in after battening down the hatches for storms here in the DFW area. What's the big story of the night so far? Did I just hear that The Canadian will place third in at least three states? Delicious.

Bowdz

With all due respect, TYT are not journalists in any sense of the world. They are partisan commentators who are purely out to make a buck.

Iolo

according to the NYT, her lead is now at 315 (not counting a lot of PA or CT, but also not counting a lot of MD)

which is incidentally the widest it's ever been

Seems too high... maybe does not include the or so 30 delegates which Bernie won in Washington? Some places had Clinton at +245 when she was really +215.

Just tuning in after battening down the hatches here in the DFW area. What's the big story of the night so far? Did I just hear that The Canadian will place third in at least three states? Delicious.

Biggest story is Trumps massive victories. Really puts a dent in GOPs hopes of fucking up his nomination.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Chris Christie still providing background. Literally.

Seems too high... maybe does not include the or so 30 delegates which Bernie won in Washington? Some places had Clinton at +245 when she was really +215.

nah they definitely include the Washington margin (74-27)

also i goofed. CT is at best gonna be 51-49, which nudges it down to 311

Crocodile

LMAO at Christie's awkward smile when Trump complimented him about him doing better than Kasich (which isn't even true given Kasich has actually one a state).

Cipherr

lol I despise all of you for getting me to even slightly watch TYT.

cmooooooooooooon, I feel like that should have been entertaining for anyone no matter what your politics are lmao.

Invite a guest onto your show then curse him out and shout over him brehs

MxRY8PT.gif

Suikoguy

I think it's safe to call CT now. But Hillary's win won't amount to many delegates. In fact i'd say it's +1 delegate, certainly no more than 3.

Iolo

nah they definitely include the Washington margin (74-27)

also i goofed. CT is at best gonna be 51-49, which nudges it down to 311

Impressive then, I did not see her netting 100 delegates on the night. Still seems high.

In other news looks like the good counties for Sanders have almost finished reporting, with less than half of Clinton counties reporting. She may squeak by after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom