• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

ChGGzWkUcAEN7rD.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/725509234306236416

border

There's a black guy on CNN arguing in favor of Trump, saying that Bernie supporters will join the Trump camp. What a bizarre moment.

Nate Silver is just so fucking mad all the time now:

natesilver: I mean … if Cruz won the nomination and Fiorina was on his short list, nobody would say it was ridiculous. She has the strengths mentioned above, plus she has more or less conventionally conservative positions, meaning that she wouldn’t offend anyone. She’s at least semi-vetted. On the other hand, she has no experience in elected office, and her tenure at Hewlett-Packard was “mixed,” by which I mean not good.

But as a media conversation-changer — which, as Julia says, is probably what this is about in the near term — I don’t know if she’s that effective. Though let me protest here that the media has a big double standard for covering the candidates. If Trump did the same thing after losing Wisconsin, it would be huge news, blowing every story out of the water, and the consensus wouldn’t be so sarcastic about it or call it “desperate.”

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-carly-fiorina-save-ted-cruzs-candidacy/?ex_cid=538twitter

ampere

Can hillary get to 18 million this time?

shes at 12 million right now.

Doubt it. Turnout is a lot lower than 2008

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChGGzWkUcAEN7rD.jpg:large[IMG]

[url]https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/725509234306236416[/url][/QUOTE]

sigh.

[quote="Macho Madness, post: 202093561"][IMG]http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/18121808/Ted-Cruz-GMA-1125x635.jpg

lol omg.

That gay man needs to realize what his party stands for

NeoXChaos

micah: OK, I think Harry just got wifi on his plane, so let’s give him the final word.

harry (Harry Enten, senior political writer): I have no clue what the heck has been said in this chat, but this move stinks of desperation. I can smell it from up here at 30,000 feet. Cruz is doing it only because he is losing in California and Indiana. Then again, if you’re failing, I guess throwing a Hail Mary is called for.

best part lol. Harry is hilarious.

Jackson50

First, you overturn the Supreme Court's unconstitutional mandate of gay marriage. If gay people can't get married, then they can't be discriminated against by a baker who won't bake them a wedding cake. Or a florist who won't arrange flowers for their wedding. Or a resort owner who won't host the wedding. Repealing gay marriage solves all of that discrimination and it protects the religious liberty of Americans.
Jackson50 sightings? Next thing you'll tell me empty vessel is going to drop by.
Empty Vessel? Modern Monetary Theory is a crock...if that doesn't work, nothing will.

HUELEN10

Rarely do I go out of my way to diss someone, but...

Did this Canadian wanker seriously just weasel out of a question of a queer republican willing to make an informed decision for their vote by making his question about orthodox Jews being able to sell the deli meats of their choice?

Jesus, that was embarrassing. I can't stand Cruz.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Empty Vessel? Modern Monetary Theory is a crock...if that doesn't work, nothing will.
I am honestly surprised he hasnt appeared once this cycleto shit on Bernie for saying raising taxes was a requirement to fund his health care and college programs.

Speaking of Salon dot com

Are there sites that you guys have sworn off during this elextion because of how slanted everything is? I was just trying to think of news sources I trust and I couldnt really think of many...

There is still no thinkpiece on why Millennials have been enthralled with economically illiterate old men in Ron Paul and Bernie, boooooo.
I wouldnt know about other states or how it may be now but when I was in high school micro and macro were crammed into their own semesters and so much of it was just focused on cramming info that fit AP testing that rarely did it feel like we were being taught how any of it connected to world we lived in.

I ended up graduating from college with a degree in economics so I have a pretty firm ground to understand the shifting world as well as the capability to digest new information but most people dont have that in any way shape or form!

Even regular old business students who had to take a few classes in econ are still what I would consider illiterate. Economics is pretty far down in things to learn about for most people.

Not only that but a lot of economics has been tied to political leans so most people are pretty damn dug into their way of thinking. Good luck convincing people that they know nothing.

Basically, what Im trying to say is that millenials are no different than the generations before them when it comes to understanding economics because theyre poorly educated and entrenched on the subject.

That being said, I think the study of economics has greatly improved in the last few decades. I think that just comes from the greater ability to pool and breakdown data.

Political pundits have become like Ron Paul stans to cheer on Cruz winning over Trump even as Cruz repeatedly demonstrates that he's the worst person in the world. These ideas of how Cruz will win are fever swamp dreams that only desperate internet forum people appeal to and that's what Silver has been reduced to.

I am honestly surprised he hasnt appeared once this cycleto shit on Bernie for saying raising taxes was a requirement to fund his health care and college programs.

EV is never coming back after he got laughed off the board for being an insane person.

Just out of curiousity, who should Cruz have picked as his VP if he legitimately wanted to invigorate his campaign?

Donald Trump.

Seriously I don't think many people would have agreed to do this. Fiorina was probably the best he could get. This move is the definition of pissing yourself to keep warm.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Speaking of Salon dot com

Are there sites that you guys have sworn off during this elextion because of how slanted everything is? I was just trying to think of news sources I trust and I couldnt really think of many...

Kos put his foot down weeks ago saying there would be none of this vote 3rd party or for Trump bullshit. Gained some respect points from me this election. So if you want a sane left slant, that's still an option.

Edit: Huffington Post badly needs some editors. Allowing any and all posts just for clicks is bad.

Silver is just pissed that all his predictions were off and has to place the blame somewhere. Speaking of silver and predictions, anyone seen kharvey? Lol

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Silver is just pissed that all his predictions were off and has to place the blame somewhere. Speaking of silver and predictions, anyone seen kharvey? Lol

Banned sometimes shortly after 02-09-2016. I wonder if it was permanent.

Holmes

Can someone explain to me how Clinton won the South Dakota primary in 2008, on the last primary day of the season when it was clear that Obama would be the nominee? Or at least know of an article that talks about it? I have no idea how she pulled that out of her ass, or if she could even do it again.

ivysaur12

Banned
Can someone explain to me how Clinton won the South Dakota primary in 2008, on the last primary day of the season when it was clear that Obama would be the nominee? Or at least know of an article that talks about it? I have no idea how she pulled that out of her ass, or if she could even do it again.
Closed primary. White people.

HylianTom

Banned
GAF should have like a reverse purge once a year were everyone is unbanned for 24 hours.

Reminds me of a great Twilight Zone episode where a traveling shyster resurrects a town's cemetery (filled with criminals and ne'er-do-wells), much to the horror of the local sheriff and the residents.

tumblr_lsu2bvpNvZ1qb98uxo1_500.gif

Suikoguy

What does the Democratic party do about anti-Globalism?

Explain the benefits and mitigate the bad effects. Honestly, they have done a pretty bad job at both. Doing the second is going to require controlling the house.

Explain the benefits and mitigate the bad effects. Honestly, they have done a pretty bad job at both.
I hypothetically live in the Midwest. Explain to me the benefits and mitigate my region hemorrhaging jobs as it struggles to reinvent itself.

Just so everyone knows, I live in California. The sweet nectar of free trade has been good to our coffers. I couldn't care less about the great plains and wouldn't mind if California seceded because unlike the Had-It-Up-To-Here crowd and Sean Hannity, Manifest Destiny does not give me a pants-shredding erection.

ivysaur12

Banned
Hmm help I was in a Wiki hole now I'm on Cynthia McKinney's twitter.

hahhhahahahaah

she has as op-ed in RT about GMOs hahahahahahahah

EDIT: LOL WAIT

MARCY KAPTUR IS PRO-LIFE?!?!? HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

CCS

Banned
I still can't believe Fiorina. Like, I understand running a woman against Hillary, but surely the Republicans must have a better option available. She can't be the best there is.

I still can't believe Fiorina. Like, I understand running a woman against Hillary, but surely the Republicans must have a better option available. She can't be the best there is.

Cruz finally found another sociopath to relate to?
They bonded over their acid induced vision of Planned Parenthood?
Fiorina is the only person in the world that can stand Cruz?
Cruz is not smart and only thinks that "on paper" Fiorina is appealing due to being a super conservative Republican (in her current form) but also bringing in the women vote and Fiorina has roots in California?
Fiorina was the only person politically desperate enough to do this?

CCS

Banned
Cruz finally found another sociopath to relate to?
They bounded over their acid induced vision of Planned Parenthood?
Fiorina is the only person in the world that can stand Cruz?
Cruz is not smart and only thinks that "on paper" Fiorina is appealing due to being a super conservative Republican (in her current form) but also bringing in the women vote and Fiorina has roots in California?
Fiorina was the only person politically desperate enough to do this?

I think all of those may be true :p

If Texas ever became a Swing State, it would cause the GOP to go into crisis mode and they'd have to rethink their entire platform because at that point it becomes an emergency situation. They couldn't just keep putting it off hoping it worked itself out.

Texas is really the only shot the GOP has to remaining at least somewhat competitive in the presidential races. If it ever went Democrat, they'd lose instantly.

And I can't wait for that day. But I'm a realist, won't happen till 2030 at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom