• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than half of Harris County residents lean Democratic for the first time in over three decades, propelled by plummeting support for Republicans among Latinos, according to a survey released Monday by Rice University's Kinder Institute for Urban Research.
Ummmm

That's Houston.

hawk2025

http://news.mit.edu/2016/3-questions-david-autor-globe-trade-political-polarization-0426

This is an extremely fascinating and short article. Basically, the polarization in the political field can possibly be partly traced to job losses from globalism and free trade, because of the different ways in which liberal and conservative orthodoxy try to address the issue.

Nice, I'll read their full paper.

It makes a lot of sense. We didn't do nearly enough to counter the decline of manufacturing jobs in the US.

Jackson50

Enough of this revisionist bullshit with George H. W. Bush. The very name makes my blood boil. During his presidency we funneled arms and support to Iraq for fighting against Iran and even allowed him to purchase materials and equipment necessary to start a nuclear program (this is public, declassified information). And then he decided to start a war that put my dad in the Persian Gulf. Suddenly all the veterans proud of serving under Reagan were fighting against Iraqis. I guarantee you Clinton wouldn't have made the same idiotic decision of weaponizing a rogue dictator (I will eat crow if he has).

If you guys want to give that asshole a free pass because he made the brain dead simple decision of raising taxes during a recession + deficit then be my guest but I will never praise the man for anything he did because he doesn't deserve it.
The Reagan and Bush Administrations also permitted the exportation of dual use chemical and biological agents that could be used for weaponization. That entire period was rife with myopic policies that supported regimes, insurgent groups, and, most likely, drug cartels that later came to bite America in the ass. It's a destructive legacy of that era that receives short shrift in mainstream American political discourse. Too many people venerate Reagan as the champion who single-handedly slew the Soviet Union. But in reality he instigated many problems we face today.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Taking a step back for a second, pretend Cruz/Fiorina is actually going to be the GOP ticket. That's got to be the worst major party ticket of all time, right?

And to think we might get Trump/Christie or Trump/Carson instead, which is even worse.

Amazing.

John "let's go to war with Iran" McCain and Sarah "there are far too many options for just one choice is this space" Palin are hard to beat.

Trump's campaign is just psychotic:

Tana Goertz, senior adviser to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, argued Wednesday that the average woman who isn't keeping up with politics or "really using her own brain" will vote for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

“The average woman who isn’t really involved in politics or isn’t really using her own brain to go, 'let me see you know what does, what has this woman done for our country' — they’re just going in and saying 'I guess I should vote for her because she’s a woman,'" Goertz said in a panel discussion on CNN.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yeah Houston is shifting blue big. Probably one of the last biggest cities to go that way.

Apparently they've seen a surge of voter registration in heavy latino areas.

Hmm...never would have guessed that about the state.

I lived in Montana for a bit and it makes sense to me. There is a pretty big anti-establishment/independant streak up there. Still has a bit of the feeling of frontier politics.

Think people who ride Harleys with no helmet in the summer and plow their own roads in the winter, Cruz is the type of politician that they generally reject.

SFrsC8V.png

I'm so tired of this concern troll I see from "leftists" that are all like "Hey Hillary voters, Trump is to the left of Hillary on things."

Eat shit.

"Hitler did more for the welfare state than Bill Clinton"-Probably has been stated unironically once.

Anyway, the hardcore liberals in the Democratic party are mostly Ph.Ds now:

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/27/11511136/democratic-elite-age

Methodology:

http://www.people-press.org/2014/06/12/appendix-a-the-ideological-consistency-scale/

And young Republicans are more moderate than their parents it seems. Or maybe just less religious? Or maybe you can't tell anything about young Republicans because there are almost none?

Before the Bernie campaign is completely irrelevant, I thought I'd share: A hometown photographer friend of mine apparently photographed a young Jeff Weaver back in 1989:

weaverwrsaz.jpg

Holmes

What was the deal with the media calling PA last night anyway? They didn't do it when the polls closed, it took a long time before results started coming in, and when they finally did (and the early results were pro-Sanders), they called it for Clinton. It was very strange.

Paskil

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/27/politics/iran-senate-cotton-heavy-water/

Only quoting cause I laughed so hard.
Senate Democrats unexpectedly blocked a major spending bill for energy and water programs Wednesday to prevent a vote on a Republican amendment that would ban U.S. tax dollars from being used in the future to buy heavy water from Iran.
Needing 60 votes to advance, the motion fell 50-46.

Democrats called the amendment from Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas a "poison pill" added at the last minute to an otherwise bipartisan $37.5 billion funding bill for the Energy Department and other agencies and said GOP leaders must take steps to shed it or the important spending bill would be lost.

The White House said it was "gratified" that the amendment wasn't moving forward. "I'd say that we're gratified that this is not advanced in the Senate," said spokesman Josh Earnest, who then dismissed Cotton's nuclear expertise.

"I'm confident that he couldn't differentiate heavy water from sparkling water," Earnest said.

Sogood.gif

johnsmith

remember me
Before the Bernie campaign is completely irrelevant, I thought I'd share: A hometown photographer friend of mine apparently photographed a young Jeff Weaver back in 1989:

weaverwrsaz.jpg

Are we sure he isn't a secret Republican?

SFCssBD.png

And I would have pegged him at 60+ today, he's only 49-50, jesus.

Lots of delayed salt on FB tonight. Apparently everybody who voted for Bernie in the primary is going to write him in for the general.

Well, except for the tons of people that don't want to kick the hornet's nest that is the echo chamber.

Basically what people are arguing in masses now

Don't believe Hillary when she says good things I want her to do. She's lying. She won't do the stuff I want.

but

Don't believe Trump when he says bad things I don't want him to do. He's lying and he'll actually do stuff I want.

hawk2025

Basically what people are arguing in masses now

Don't believe Hillary when she says good things I want her to do. She's lying. She won't do the stuff I want.

but

Don't believe Trump when he says bad things I don't want him to do. He's lying and he'll actually do stuff I want.

Also, Hillary should cater to me to get my vote

but

I don't believe anything she says

itschris

DSC006911461682030.jpg

Harris Wofford, a former Democratic senator from Pennsylvania, John F. Kennedy’s presidential assistant on civil rights and an intimate of Martin Luther King Jr., will wed at his Foggy Bottom apartment Saturday before a gathering of family and friends. Dinner is to follow at a neighborhood Italian restaurant.

The groom is 90.

The other groom, Matthew Charlton, is 40.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...85603c-0b1d-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html

Wow, a 50 year age difference. Good for them! Also, he looks pretty good for 90.

User1608

Banned
The worst thing about this cycle has been dragging Slaon back to my attention. I worte it off ages ago for all the guilt-by-association and weasel-words articles *and that was when I agreed with their conclusion*.
I'm not going to lie, I used to sort of enjoy the site. Then the primary began. Then again I liked TYT too. This cycle has taught me to be more critical and careful of where I get my news from now on. I can't stand crazy, irrational liberals.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...85603c-0b1d-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html

Wow, a 50 year age difference. Good for them! Also, he looks pretty good for 90.
Holy crap! He looks amazing indeed. Looks like he's in his early 60s!

So I'm working through Animaniacs on Netflix, and I find it funny Bill Clinton is in every single episode, and referenced by name. He's in the theme song! Playing the sax.

I can't imagine a cartoon these days have Obama in the opening theme song of every single episode.

There's also a Reagan joke in the very first episode!

Diablos

So I'm working through Animaniacs on Netflix, and I find it funny Bill Clinton is in every single episode, and referenced by name. He's in the theme song! Playing the sax.

I can't imagine a cartoon these days have Obama in the opening theme song of every single episode.

There's also a Reagan joke in the very first episode!
I love Aunt Slappy. The episode about 90's junk tv shows is hilarious.

Such a cool cartoon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom