• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the Judge in the Sandyhook lawsuit is allowing the families to go along with discovery, potentially it could be as important a decision as when it was allowed to happen against the tobacco companies.

Grief.exe

This election is interesting. Both sides fielding candidates with terrible favorables.

You got the Democrats who are hoping enough of their side won't stay home and come vote for Hillary, then you have Republicans who don't want to support Trump.

Both sides hoping they can shed less voters than the other side, while hoping Independents come along.

I think Hillary got lucky going against Trump, this could have been a lot worse.

It's okay everyone. It'll be like 2012. The media will go on and on about how it's really close, and then the day before the election Fox will claim Trump is going to win by a landslide... and then Clinton will win by a landslide.

I'm really happy but also kinda shocked black people hate trump more than any demographic group especially since his comments on black people aren't that publicly known.

Anyone who thought we'd care about trade deals and "Latinos stealin jerbs!" was mistaken.

NeoXChaos

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 7m7 minutes ago
Now officially waiting for a photo of Trump eating some Church's Chicken (or Bojangles) with a thumbs up and a "I love the blacks!"

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 3m3 minutes ago
*Trump sits before a freshly caught fish covered in raw rice* "Trump Tower makes the best sushi! I love the Japanese!"

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 7m7 minutes ago
Trump with a cup of Instant Noodles. "I love the Chinese!"

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 8m8 minutes ago
Trump with some Sabra hummus and pita chips. "I love Muslims!"

lol

So the Judge in the Sandyhook lawsuit is allowing the families to go along with discovery, potentially it could be as important a decision as when it was allowed to happen against the tobacco companies.
Could they get emails where gun executives are saying some horrible things or more knowledgeable about what they can do to prevent them (marketing)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Could they get emails where gun executives are saying some horrible things or more knowledgeable about what they can do to prevent them (marketing)

That's exactly what they're going after. They're going after the marketing, it's basically the tobacco lawsuits applied to a different industry. If they get anything like that it's game over. I imagine the shredding of documents and erasing of servers has already started.

HylianTom

Banned
P4QB9Bl.jpg

NO. SERIOUSLY WHAT IS THIS
It's clearly a cartoon of himself posing with Grandma from the Wind Waker.

I'm really happy but also kinda shocked black people hate trump more than any demographic group especially since his comments on black people aren't that publicly known.

Anyone who thought we'd care about trade deals and "Latinos stealin jerbs!" was mistaken.

Among the more delusional things I've read about this election is people claiming that Trump could make up for a lack of Latino support by doing well with black voters.

ohmygod this article is terrifyingly accurate.
It is, but I don't think it'll be terribly effective at making the race a close one. Obama vs. Romney was much more feasibly a tossup, yet Obama won quite comfortably and nearly swept the swing states (the one he didn't, North Carolina, wouldn't be a swing state in a neutral environment anyway) even as the media pushed the narrative hard that this one was going to be a nail biter. It took all of twelve extra minutes to call it in 2012 than in 2008.

The Democratic base has only grown since 2012, Hillary's numbers might be improving (say might be because I'm not sure if anyone but CNN has shown it but I think they will all the same), Obama is a fairly popular president and she'll have him and Bill (an extremely popular former president) campaigning for her. I don't think she'll have much trouble hitting the 52% benchmark set by Obama's 2012 campaign (which is around how he'd perform with today's demographics).

Factor in Trump's utterly disastrous nature as a candidate. Try as they might, the media isn't going to make him more palatable to women or minorities. Maybe to the white working class, but those who could be persuaded by Trump probably jumped ship a long time ago. And if Republicans are serious about not voting for him, say he wins 85% of the GOP vote. To put that in perspective, if Romney had only won 85% of the Republican vote, Obama's victory margin would have been 9%, not 4%. When all's said and done, Hilly will clear 55% of the two-party vote. It's more likely she'll cross 370 than fall below 270.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Trump is going to get Hispanic votes and black votes even if it is a few.

This is true, he is going to get an amount of black and hispanic votes that is larger than zero.

We have to wait for it to be on special and if he did this.. I would die. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Side Note..

I don't think I've ever had Church's Chicken.. Is it good?

Of the ones I've had.
Bojangles
KFC
Popeyes

Church's is better than KFC. KFC gives me the... : cough :

I....I don't eat KFC.

Kusagari

We have to wait for it to be on special and if he did this.. I would die. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Side Note..

I don't think I've ever had Church's Chicken.. Is it good?

Of the ones I've had.
Bojangles
KFC
Popeyes

You'll know a chicken place is a Church's by the bullet holes in the wall.

Church's is better than KFC. KFC gives me the... : cough :

I....I don't eat KFC.
There used to be a Popeyes and KFC 5 minutes away from me. But the Popeyes closed.

So I just eat KFC. Bojangles is 25-30 minutes away and the one Church's that I know of is 35-45 minutes away from my house.

You'll know a chicken place is a Church's by the bullet holes in the wall.
That one I have seen. It's right outside the naval base in Norfolk and there's a whole strip of buildings and restaurants. But the Church's look like the front of the building hasn't been cleaned in forever and looks unappealing to me from the outside.

I can tell you from experience that Goldschläger and orange juice is delicious.
It has to be Goldschläger and Trump Vodka.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!

ChtuyP0VEAQZlY1.jpg

Subtle! I'm liking his GE swing.

Sianos

:(
I feel like 1. Mostly everyone here is a liberal so a lot of detailed posts sort of blend together because they're from that viewpoint and 2. The thread moves a lot faster because of the election and there are just sooo many posts to read.

Very true, this is probably why. A lack of a response usually means silent approval, and not having much to say in response to points you agree with.

That one I have seen. It's right outside the naval base in Norfolk and there's a whole strip of buildings and restaurants. But the Church's look like the front of the building hasn't been cleaned in forever and looks unappealing to me from the outside.

Yup. That definitely sounds like a Church's.

I have to drive almost an hour if I want Popeyes. The only other option we have is KFC. Chik-Fil-A are coming to the cape sometime soon, but fuck that.

Ya, fuck Chick-Fil-A. Fuck them so hard. I won't eat there, and not just because of the anti LGBT stuff (although that's bad enough.)

It is, but I don't think it'll be terribly effective at making the race a close one. Obama vs. Romney was much more feasibly a tossup, yet Obama won quite comfortably and nearly swept the swing states (the one he didn't, North Carolina, wouldn't be a swing state in a neutral environment anyway) even as the media pushed the narrative hard that this one was going to be a nail biter. It took all of twelve extra minutes to call it in 2012 than in 2008.

The Democratic base has only grown since 2012, Hillary's numbers might be improving (say might be because I'm not sure if anyone but CNN has shown it but I think they will all the same), Obama is a fairly popular president and she'll have him and Bill (an extremely popular former president) campaigning for her. I don't think she'll have much trouble hitting the 52% benchmark set by Obama's 2012 campaign (which is around how he'd perform with today's demographics).

Factor in Trump's utterly disastrous nature as a candidate. Try as they might, the media isn't going to make him more palatable to women or minorities. Maybe to the white working class, but those who could be persuaded by Trump probably jumped ship a long time ago. And if Republicans are serious about not voting for him, say he wins 85% of the GOP vote. To put that in perspective, if Romney had only won 85% of the Republican vote, Obama's victory margin would have been 9%, not 4%. When all's said and done, Hilly will clear 55% of the two-party vote. It's more likely she'll cross 370 than fall below 270.
Thanks, that makes me feel better :)

Trump is entitled to some top secret CIA and security briefings now.

There is a 100% chance he blabs some classified info in the middle of a rally or Morning Joe phone call.

Wait... What
Why.. Does..
I just.. I don't understand..

Why does he have a bikini picture of his damn ex in his office? I mean.. Why?

Look. Okay. She's beautiful. Okay. Beautiful woman. And, she loves me. Okay? She loves me. Best she ever had. So, you know. I have no problems anywhere, let me tell you. So, I have her picture because when I eat , I often think of her. Okay? It's beautiful. Okay. It's beautiful.

Edited because that came out way worse than I intended it to.....

HylianTom

Banned
Fuck Chik-fil-a sandwiches.. They aren't that good.

But goddamn those shakes are on point.

They are fantastic.
I used to live 5 blocks from a Chik-fil-A. I'd go there in the mornings after an overnight shift and get breakfast for me (chicken biscuit) and the dog (chicken minis). Their shakes were amazing. I miss their shakes.

I can't believe how much enjoyment I just got out of TacoGate.
If this is a preview of his pivot for the general, then we're in for a real treat. I hope he does something like this for every holiday. Comedy gold.

Jake Tapper ‏@jaketapper 1m1 minute ago
Breaking -- @SpeakerRyan tells @CNN he cannot endorse/support @realDonaldTrump right now --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom