• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday evening, California's secretary of state published a list of delegates chosen by the Trump campaign for the upcoming Republican presidential primary in the state. Trump's slate includes William Johnson, one of the country's most prominent white nationalists.

Johnson applied to the Trump campaign to be a delegate. He was accepted on Monday. In order to be approved he had to sign this pledge sent to him by the campaign: "I, William Johnson, endorse Donald J. Trump for the office of President of the United States. I pledge to cast ALL of my ballots to elect Donald J. Trump on every round of balloting at the 2016 Republican National Convention so that we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" After he signed, the Trump campaign added his name to the list of 169 delegates it forwarded to the secretary of state.

Johnson leads the American Freedom Party, a group that "exists to represent the political interests of White Americans" and aims to preserve "the customs and heritage of the European American people." The AFP has never elected a candidate of its own and possesses at most a few thousand members, but it is "arguably the most important white nationalist group in the country," according to Mark Potok, a senior fellow for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which tracks hate groups.

Johnson got the news that he had been selected by Trump in a congratulatory email sent to him by the campaign's California Delegate Coordinator, Katie Lagomarsino. "I just hope to show how I can be mainstream and have these views," Johnson tells Mother Jones. "I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody."

Johnson says that in his application to be a GOP delegate for Trump he disclosed multiple details about his background and activism, though he did not specifically use the term "white nationalist." The Trump campaign and Lagomarsino did not respond to requests for comment. Whether or not Johnson was vetted by the Trump campaign, the GOP front-runner would have a hard time claiming ignorance of Johnson's extreme views: Johnson has gained notice during the presidential primary for funding pro-Trump robocalls that convey a white nationalist message. "The white race is dying out in America and Europe because we are afraid to be called 'racist,'" Johnson says in one robocall pushed out to residential landlines in Vermont and Minnesota. "…Donald Trump is not racist, but Donald Trump is not afraid. Don't vote for a Cuban. Vote for Donald Trump."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/donald-trump-white-nationalist-afp-delegate-california

Trump campaign literally using known white supremacists as delegates. Huelen to vote for him, anyway.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I changed my voting address about two months ago, and it was processed and I registered properly and all that.

Today I went to double-check where my voting location was online (I'm in California), and it said that I wasn't registered to vote.

Of course I re-registered.... but I thought it was really odd. Also, what happens if I register twice? Do they just ignore the older registration since the DL is identical?

The Establishment is election frauding you

Do candidates who've dropped out still have merch available anywhere online? I wanna get a friend a Rubio hat for his bday.

Rubio's store links all redirect to a thank you page saying he dropped out, same with Cruz. Jeb doesn't even have a website anymore.

Rand Paul is still selling merch though.

All the free college in the world doesn't stop you from getting shot by a police officer because of a structurally racist society.

Which is one reason why "if black voters just understood that income inequality is the most important issue facing them, they'd support Sanders" is so far off the mark. That and the inherent racism in the statement itself.

Danny G.'s impassioned introduction in Sacramento, CA (YT video link):

We know this is an important moment. That ths state belongs to us, the people.

And on June 7th, we gonna let this country know, and the World know, that California belongs to the people.

The screeenshot is from my PS3 YT Subs UI (video area), including the "Memo" tab I added a while back, which I added explicitly to allow me to do video transcripts for PoliGAF! This would be perfect if I could pause / resume video using BD / media remote, but that would require custom (JavaScript) popup keyboard, as browser doesn't pass on video keys to JavaScript handler whilst standard on-screen keyboard is displayed (presently have to close keyboard to use Step Back (programmed for 2s) / pause buttons etc)...

The new "Cop'd" (abbreviation of "Copied") tab, which I finally got round to adding (as I knew, together with making Recommended videos tab the default, was going to take several hours, all told), allows one to load video using YT video URL, copied to the clipboard, such as from GAF viewed via the "Web" tab (allows one to listen to YT video in background!). I wanted user to be able to just paste URL, without having to take any other action, and after racking my brains I recalled that setting focus to another control closes the on-screen keyboard (you end up with wrong mouse cursor, but that goes away as soon as you go fullscreen, by pressing X or Enter) :) I use 1s interval timer to detect paste as Change event, in new browser, is only generated when text box loses focus...

Back on topic; how many showed up for the Sacramento rally? 21k (see below), yeah, baby! Bernie should totally wrap this up ;).

DjSkuGg.jpg

You know, Bernie should settle the exit poll "conspiracy" once and for all, and arrange to have an exit poll done for California, that is beyond reproach (where even Hillary herself would have to concede that its results cannot be questioned).

Even though I've donated $255 to date, and cannot really afford to pony up anymore, I would be willing, and I bet plenty of other Bernie supporters would be too, to make one more donation, to ensure that we can trust the vote in California, and if heaven forbid, someone still tries to rig the election, we would be able to successfully challenge the result in court.

Crocodile

Wrong. Also, fuck Vox. A political issue that really only applies to a marginalized or underserviced group is part of identity politics. Stuff like healthcare, college affordability, social safety nets, infrastructure investment, mass transportation, etc. apply to everyone or could potentially apply to everyone.

Identity politics are not unimportant. But the distinction is. And the shift in focus is interesting.

Significant aspects of Republican fiscal policy either implicitly or explicitly aim to enact policies that are racist or derive support from racism. Trump just crushed the GOP primaries by running on a platform of white nationalism. Be it in the foreground or the background, race runs through all US politics. It's really infuriating when that the Democratic platform gets reduced to "identity politics" when the GOP platform is basically the same thing except in service of different groups.

studyguy

I changed my voting address about two months ago, and it was processed and I registered properly and all that.

Today I went to double-check where my voting location was online (I'm in California), and it said that I wasn't registered to vote.

Of course I re-registered.... but I thought it was really odd. Also, what happens if I register twice? Do they just ignore the older registration since the DL is identical?

I've had to handle my registration like... in 20012? I forget maybe 2011 to vote after moving. I had to follow up online to make sure I was actually registered since they fucked up the first time as well.

Also as far as "fucking up the vote" you can check your registration super fucking easily in CA.

There's really not an excuse in CA, moreover it's gonna be wonky for kids heading to the poll since iirc most CA votes by mail.

A total of 13,202,158 California voters participated in the 2012 presidential election. Of those, about 6.8 million people, or 51%, cast their ballots by mail. The all-time high for vote-by-mail ballot usage in any statewide election is 65% (in the June 2012 primary).

People physically at the polls aren't gonna be a good indicator of anything if you're just asking while you're there, little anecdotes I keep seeing in every thread on reddit/social media. Personally I've voted by mail since I registered the first time.

Daniel B·;203158558 said:
Danny G.'s impassioned introduction in sacramento, CA (YT video link):

The screeenshot is from my PS3 YT Subs UI (video area), including the "Memo" tab I added a while back, which I added explicitly to allow me to do video transcripts for PoliGAF! This would be perfect if I could pause / resume video using BD / media remote, but that would require custom (JavaScript) popup keyboard, as browser doesn't pass on video keys to JavaScript handler whilst standard on-screen keyboard is displayed (presently have to close keyboard to use Step Back (programmed for 2s) / pause buttons etc)...

The new "Cop'd" (abbreviation of "Copied"), which I finally got round to adding (as I knew, together with making Recommended videos tab the default, was going to take several hours, all told), allows one to load video using YT video URL, copied to the clipboard, such as from GAF viewed via the "Web" tab (allows one to listen to YT video in background!). I wanted user to be able to just paste URL, without having to take any other action, and after racking my brains I recalled that setting focus to another control closes the on-screen keyboard (you end up with wrong mouse cursor, but that goes away as soon as you go fullscreen, by pressing X or Enter) :) Use 1s interval timer to detect paste as Change event, in new browser, is only generated when text box loses focus....

Back on topic; how many showed up for the Sacramento rally? 21k (see below), yeah, baby! Bernie showed totally wrap this up ;).

DjSkuGg.jpg

You know, Bernie should settle the exit poll "conspiracy" once and for all, and arrange to have an exit poll done for California, that is beyond reproach (where even Hillary herself would have to concede that its results cannot be questioned).

Even though I've donated $255 to date, and cannot really afford to pony up anymore, I would be willing, and I bet plenty of other Bernie supporters would be too, to make one more donation, to ensure that we can trust the vote in California, and if heaven forbid, someone still tries to rig the election, we would be able to successfully challenge the result in court.

Bernie supporter willing to throw money away on something (exit polls) that are not as useful as they believe they are.

Pretty much sums of Bernie supporters.

this happened to me when I went to vote in the primary a couple of weeks ago but considering who I voted for it's not like it mattered. Fraud! Sad!

Cipherr

Back on topic; how many showed up for the Sacramento rally? 21k (see below), yeah, baby! Bernie should totally wrap this up ;).

DjSkuGg.jpg

You want Hillary Bernie and the rest of us to fund an exit poll? Why? With the intent that if an exit poll doesn't exactly match the voting results(which happens), you want some kind of challenge to possibly OVERTURN the actual vote to force it to match the exit polling?

qrjxD8Z.png

We already have an official plan in place to allow the counting of people and their views in order to select politicians; It's the vote itself. It almost sounds like you want to create a redundant system that doesn't count votes 1:1 (because exit polls don't, they only get answers from a small percentage of the people that voted. Not all of them) but instead asks only a small percentage of them, and decides elections based on that.

Basically, ignore the literal will of the people if a poll of a small percentage of folks happens to go in the other direction?

I've had to handle my registration like... in 20012? I forget maybe 2011 to vote after moving. I had to follow up online to make sure I was actually registered since they fucked up the first time as well.

Also as far as "fucking up the vote" you can check your registration super fucking easily in CA.

There's really not an excuse in CA, moreover it's gonna be wonky for kids heading to the poll since iirc most CA votes by mail.

People physically at the polls aren't gonna be a good indicator of anything if you're just asking while you're there, little anecdotes I keep seeing in every thread on reddit/social media. Personally I've voted by mail since I registered the first time.

I vote every time and don't remember the last time I showed up to a polling place.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

.... You can't be serious. Really? It shouldn't be this hard to come to grips with the fact that more people have voted for Hillary and want her as their nominee.

If Hillary and the DNC were actually going to rig this maybe they should have done a better job at it? Bernie has generally run an impressive campaign but its sad that this is where we're at now. A refusal to accept the cold hard truth.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Danny G.'s impassioned introduction in Sacramento, CA (YT video link):

The new "Cop'd" (abbreviation of "Copied") tab, which I finally got round to adding (as I knew, together with making Recommended videos tab the default, was going to take several hours, all told), allows one to load video using YT video URL, copied to the clipboard, such as from GAF viewed via the "Web" tab (allows one to listen to YT video in background!). I wanted user to be able to just paste URL, without having to take any other action, and after racking my brains I recalled that setting focus to another control closes the on-screen keyboard (you end up with wrong mouse cursor, but that goes away as soon as you go fullscreen, by pressing X or Enter) :) I use 1s interval timer to detect paste as Change event, in new browser, is only generated when text box loses focus...

DjSkuGg.jpg

1. Is your use of "still" implying that you think the election has been rigged to date?

2. An exit poll which doesn't align with the overall result isn't actual proof of anything so bringing only that to the table wouldn't even get you to court much less mounting a successful challenge.

Hindl

Yeah I checked two months ago and it was good :(. I had just updated it before I checked, and when I checked everything was right.

Today, I went to check, and boom:

I'm kinda annoyed? Seems weird my registration would just disappear. I got sent to "prevoting sample ballot" a couple weeks ago, too, so I WAS on there before.

:(

So yeah I reregistered but am thinking of calling the county office anyway.

Yeah I'd call, it can't hurt. And in the off chance that reregistering did mess something up, they'd be able to catch it now and fix it

gcubed

i mean... hell, an exit poll that is completely accurate is called the results. People wonder why they get mocked some times

Iolo

I wonder who thats actually good for. To me that seems like it'd be good news for Hillary because I cant see voters in WV actually wanting to be more liberal.

I mean she's still going to lose the state but hey maybe its not by 15+. Or I guess its just 100% coal related.

It's good for Bernie. Bernie wins the "more conservative" vote in the states that hate Hillary. And WV has a lot of registered Dems who vote Rep in the general.

TRUMP

West Virginia, y'all

Basically this.

i mean... hell, an exit poll that is completely accurate is called the results. People wonder why they get mocked some times

What if the results don't align with my preconceived notion about how I want the election to turn out? Have you considered that? I think you're being a little unfair only considering things like "actual numbers" and "cast ballots."

gcubed

TRUMP

West Virginia, y'all

but hey, this is totally more desirable then me not wanting to ruin my special snowflake status as a true blooded independent to vote in a closed primary! Plus... West Virginia

What if the results don't align with my preconceived notion about how I want the election to turn out? Have you considered that? I think you're being a little unfair only considering things like "actual numbers" and "cast ballots."

I think we could be amenable to allowing facebook likes and reddit upvotes to mathematically become votes by some equation. The will of the click can not be ignored

It's good for Bernie. Bernie wins the "more conservative" vote in the states that hate Hillary. And WV has a lot of registered Dems who vote Rep in the general.

Which is weird, because for all of Hillary's talk about transitioning away from coal, it's not like Bernie is pro-coal. He has even less nuance than Hillary; no coal, ever, period.

Steve Kornacki
‏@SteveKornacki
Mischievous Trump supporters in WV?

9% of Clinton voters would back Trump over her
39% of Sanders voters would back Trump over *Sanders*

??????????????

Iolo

Which is weird, because for all of Hillary's talk about transitioning away from coal, it's not like Bernie is pro-coal. He has even less nuance than Hillary; no coal, ever, period.

These particular voters aren't voting for Bernie's policies. They are voting against Obama and Hillary and will not vote Dem in the fall.

Iolo

39 percent of Sanders voters...

That is a Huge chunk to back a completely different party this fall should Sanders lose. Sanders/Trump voters are not minuscule and do exist.

You misunderstand. That is 39% of Sanders voters who will not back Sanders, should he win the nomination.

HUELEN10

44? Even higher!

Some of us just can't vote for Clinton. To some, it's not so much a vote for Trump as it is one against Clinton, not that I would ever condone voting out of spite.

As for those other voters, who switch to trump on general. It's not surprising to me.
You misunderstand. That is 39% of Sanders voters who will not back Sanders, should he win the nomination.
I know, it's insane. Both cases are insane. Some people voted for Sanders but don't believe in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom