• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we seriously not make an OT thread for every state poll or national poll this election cycle going forward. If a non-PoliGaffer does it, then fine...but come on guys. It's not necessary.

A poll that describes Trump or Hillary voters is fine (like 65% of Trump voters believe white people are superior to black people) but not the voting polls.

That thread is a mess. :(

In some super scientific anecdotal news, last night was the first time in my life while playing basketball I heard politics come up. Mostly among 17-20 year old black kids while waiting for a game. These guys didn't seem to know much about politics being young but they were unanimous in their belief that Trump is a racist and they're going to vote against him. Literally, the conversation became everyone questioning how anyone could hate another race. I wonder if there truly will be a Trump Effect where young minorities are scared shitless into voting when they otherwise wouldn't.

Granted, California so it won't matter...but even if it's simply this single issue, racism, driving numbers out I'll fucking take it.

ivysaur12

Banned
what the fuck is up with Hillary's weird thing with aliens

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/u...liens.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=0

When Jimmy Kimmel asked Hillary Clinton in a late-night TV interview about U.F.O.s, she quickly corrected his terminology.

“You know, there’s a new name,” Mrs. Clinton said in the March appearance. “It’s unexplained aerial phenomenon,” she said. “U.A.P. That’s the latest nomenclature.”

Known for her grasp of policy, Mrs. Clinton has spoken at length in her presidential campaign on topics ranging from Alzheimer’s research to military tensions in the South China Sea. But it is her unusual knowledge about extraterrestrials that has struck a small but committed cohort of voters.

Mrs. Clinton has vowed that barring any threats to national security, she would open up government files on the subject, a shift from President Obama, who typically dismisses the topic as a joke. Her position has elated U.F.O. enthusiasts, who have declared Mrs. Clinton the first “E.T. candidate.”

“Hillary has embraced this issue with an absolutely unprecedented level of interest in American politics,” said Joseph G. Buchman, who has spent decades calling for more transparency in government about extraterrestrials.

Mrs. Clinton, a cautious candidate who often bemoans being the subject of Republican conspiracy theories, has shown surprising ease plunging into the discussion of the possibility of extraterrestrial beings.

She has said in recent interviews that as president she would release information about Area 51, the remote Air Force base in Nevada believed by some to be a secret hub where the government stores classified information about aliens and U.F.O.s.

In a radio interview last month, she said, “I want to open the files as much as we can.” Asked if she believed in U.F.O.s, Mrs. Clinton said, “I don’t know. I want to see what the information shows.” But, she added, “There’s enough stories out there that I don’t think everybody is just sitting in their kitchen making them up.”

When asked about extraterrestrials in an interview with The Conway Daily Sun in New Hampshire late last year, Mrs. Clinton promised to “get to the bottom of it.”

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can we seriously not make an OT thread for every state poll or national poll this election cycle going forward. If a non-PoliGaffer does it, then fine...but come on guys. It's not necessary.

A poll that describes Trump or Hillary voters is fine (like 65% of Trump voters believe white people are superior to black people) but not the voting polls.

That thread is a mess. :(

Agreed. Well, unless someone needs a laugh I suppose.

In some super scientific anecdotal news, last night was the first time in my life while playing basketball I heard politics come up. Mostly among 17-20 year old black kids while waiting for a game. These guys didn't seem to know much about politics being young but they were unanimous in their belief that Trump is a racist and they're going to vote against him. Literally, the conversation became everyone questioning how anyone could hate another race. I wonder if there truly will be a Trump Effect where young minorities are scared shitless into voting when they otherwise wouldn't.

Granted, California so it won't matter...but even if it's simply this single issue, racism, driving numbers out I'll fucking take it.

I am hoping this happens. If we could smack that shit down hard that could go a long way toward marginalizing those views.

06e7795198ef42e6137545bd6bb26c70.jpg

alien-endorses-bill630.gif

alien-ride630.gif

5c4381916.jpg

love-nest630.gif

She has a history.

We need a GAF seminar on polling and statistics at this rate. People already forgot 2012 and the absurd polls.

I feel like there should also be one on how to follow election night. People often don't know things like which states to watch (particularly if they're not from the US) or understanding that early returns are not necessarily representative.

Things I remember from 2012:

-People diablosing about Romney's early leads in the popular and electoral vote even though none of the states he won were surprises and the popular vote pretty much always moves towards the Democrats as the night goes on.
-People saying that Virginia was looking bad for Obama based on raw percentages without considering that none of Northern Virginia was in.
-People puzzled by the networks calling South Carolina for Romney when the very early vote showed Obama ahead.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
UC4? I hope you all are playing the true hotness, Stellaris

Yeah, on my list too.

Also agree with not posting each poll in the OT. A polling update every few weeks maybe? Then you would have the general election OT.

I love how they always use the same picture of the 'alien' whenever it's Clinton related. The same alien who endorsed Bill, after taking Bill out for rides in his UFO, subsequently beat him in a fist fight over who gets to sleep with Hillary.

I mean, that's what I'm putting together from the stories, unless they aren't shown in chronological order.

Presuming this alien cannot time travel, which I don't suppose is a safe assumption to make.

So, it turns out Samantha Bee is a national treasure, and the most hilarious, fire spitting, relentless and brutal political show host on television right now.

Her two parter on the 2010 election is both hilarious and hard to watch, because, damn did liberal voters fuck up with that election.

2010 election - part 1
2010 election - part 2
Remember when PD (allegedly) voted for Rick Snyder? Good times.

I almost got hoodwinked into voting for Tom Horner for MN gov that year, the Independence candidate. It was my first election, I wanted to weigh all my options... Fortunately I made the right choice and pulled for Dayton, who ended up winning by a much smaller margin than the polls predicted.

Everything else sucked. Bennet, Reid and Murray winning were nice I guess. As well as Republicans pissing away the seat in Delaware that was almost assuredly theirs until Mike Castle lost the primary to a witch.

Fuchsdh

Remember when PD (allegedly) voted for Rick Snyder? Good times.

I almost got hoodwinked into voting for Tom Horner for MN gov that year, the Independence candidate. It was my first election, I wanted to weigh all my options... Fortunately I made the right choice and pulled for Dayton, who ended up winning by a much smaller margin than the polls predicted.

Everything else sucked. Bennet, Reid and Murray winning were nice I guess. As well as Republicans pissing away the seat in Delaware that was almost assuredly theirs until Mike Castle lost the primary to a witch.

Man, I always forget that political history includes such gems until reminded. We've all lived through some crazy-as-shit times.

User1608

Banned
I used to believe aliens visited earth. I don't mind her interest and fascination with them as long as that doesn't get in the way of more pressing issues.:p

Kangi

Oh God, the last Samantha Bee episode. That segment on Cruz dropping out was everything.

And I love that she's not afraid to jab Bernie like others. "Back to the 50s when we didn't have to appeal to black voters!"

studyguy

INCREASINGLY NERVOUS POLIGAF SHOOK BY LANDMARK QUINNPAC POLLING, SOURCES STATE ADAM IS STILL A PIZZA HATING HEATHEN, CANNOT BE TRUSTED. IVY'S ESTRANGED ALIEN LOVER FOUND, MORE ON PAGE 3

So I dug up the ol poligaf 'Please understand. Pls respond. Pls Print' time capsule from almost 8 months ago, and managed to find the part where I brought up Hilllary's possible fascination with aliens.
It also serves as an interesting look back at a more innocent time before Trump performed the babality on Rubio that turned him into the Little Marco he is today, and before El Jebe's candidacy was blown to smithereens by airhorns and allegations of being a mess

INCREASINGLY NERVOUS POLIGAF SHOOK BY LANDMARK QUINNPAC POLLING, SOURCES STATE ADAM IS STILL A PIZZA HATING HEATHEN, CANNOT BE TRUSTED. IVY'S ESTRANGED ALIEN LOVER FOUND, MORE ON PAGE 3
Diamond Joe: STOP DIABLOSING HILLARYGAF

@jeneps

Biden to ABC: "I feel confident that Hillary will be the nominee and I feel confident that she'll be the next president

Needs more FUCK!

Pizza is still trash.

BIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!!

xuf9_2.gif

Uncle Joe calls em like he sees em.

Yeah, agreed. The poster never did explain what he or she meant by calling you out. I think maybe he or she just grouped us together since we were both "increasingly nervous men."
Most liberal-but-leaning-Trump (or otherwise open to his candidacy) people on GAF and elsewhere seem to come down to this

"Trump is more trustworthy because Hillary opposes (insert pet issue here)"

"But what about x y and z"

"DON'T TELL ME HOW TO THINK"

ivysaur12

Banned
Biden is to the right of both Bernie and Hillary. He's fun to have around and is a sincere guy, but if you're looking for a progressive champion, it's not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom