• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, I'm already posting about politics again. SHIT! I didn't even make it like six hours. I'm so weeeeeeak.

I'm lurking posting on my laptop, that I have to keep hidden from my work computer's webcam, while I'm on a conference call.....and I'm observing a new hire training class on my second work computer.

So.....if you're weak, I'm a flower blowing in the wind.

Mael

NEW YORK (AP) - Donald Trump, GOP nomination virtually in hand, is planning a general election campaign that banks heavily on his personal appeal and trademark rallies while spurning the kind of sophisticated data operation that was a centerpiece of Barack Obama's winning White House runs.
http://bigstory.ap.org/ed853e2f84bd42658868a42f997c93fe

At work, we're treating the election like the best reality show ever.
Season 1 didn't disappoint and with the Nebraska shenanigan it could be the best thing ever.
Season 2 is going to be so legendary!
I have no words.

Crocodile

I'm seeing these Nebraska exit poll data and while its only exit poll data and is limited in its ability to predict primary results, I'm still surprised at how favorable they seem to Trump. I thought Nebraksa was supposed to be a bad Trump state. IF Trump wins it, were those bad assumptions or are people just falling in line after the results of last week?

I'm seeing these Nebraska exit poll data and while its only exit poll data and is limited in its ability to predict primary results, I'm still surprised at how favorable they seem to Trump. I thought Nebraksa was supposed to be a bad Trump state. IF Trump wins it, were those bad assumptions or are people just falling in line after the results of last week?

BEN SASSE

But the other 2 are on officially suspended campaigns, thats going to severely impact their results.

tumblr_n32yk18xJh1si3tc1o1_500.gif

Hillary wins Oregon, and I will donate $50 to Bernie's campaign or any campaign of PoliGafs choosing. (It can't be to Queen, though....)
As a Minnesotan I would like to lobby hard for Angie Craig.

Why not to Hillary, maxed out already?

FyreWulff

Nebraska is open for NP/Dem while closed for Republicans.

It's possible to have a ballot where you can vote against Hillary but for Trump but not the other way around. Also only a single delegate is bound to the popular election for the Dems, so the entire Dem stronghold is going to be low turnout as fuck.

Trancos

I get the feeling that this is going to be a Yuuuuge margin for Bernie for a very small delegate gain. But I'm totally expecting a bloodbath.

ok people, enough with the generalizations about Sanders supporters based on states like West Virginia and Oklahoma when the majority of states aren't like that

One thing that can get in the way of productive conversations about things like this is people not acknowledging that each candidate's support is a coalition. Bernie's voters include, among others, people who support him for his left wing stances, people who vote for him because they see him as anti-establishment, and people who just don't like Hillary (including some who are registered or identify as Democrats but will vote Republican in the fall).

This is also why statements about Hillary needing to win over Bernie's supporters should be qualified. Many will vote for her regardless while others won't vote for her under any circumstances. These aren't the Bernie supporters Hillary needs to be winning over.

From my earlier [post=203158558]post[/post], texting in the front row of a Bernie Sanders rally (shady looking guy on left; see start of video (below), for the damning evidence), really should be a federal offence, punishable by compulsory attendance of one of Hillary's more intimate gatherings (well, more than one would qualify as "cruel or unusual punishment") ;).

Given his plum position in the crowd, it's just not done, you know.

They're starting to trickle in. Anyone know enough about West Virginia to say anything about what they mean? Hillary has the early lead, but I'm guessing these votes aren't representative of the state.

Trancos

If the final margin is like +25 or +35 Bernie, can we claim fraud?

Eh, why wait. Fraud!

I've seen Bernie supporter using examples like Chile's 1988 plebiscite to oust Pinochet as proof that the international community (UN, etc) use exit polls as the final proof of everything. Exit polls are just a tiny fraction of what observers do. Yes they did exit polls but....

The most important thing they do to prevent fraud is rapid/independent counting. Volunteers at the precincts observe the counting and communicate tallies back to an independent headquarter in the same way that guy in GUAM was doing it last week posting the tallies in twitter.

Headquarters consolidate tallies and now you have a comparable number to the official results.

Governments are less likely to attempt to cook the number if someone else is counting nationally too.

That how it's been done in every election that needed special international attention.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
With record early voting, and that exit poll, it's going to be closer than many here are expecting.

I've seen Bernie supporter using examples like Chile's 1988 plebiscite to oust Pinochet as proof that the international community (UN, etc) use exit polls as the final proof of everything. Exit polls are just a tiny fraction of what observers do. Yes they did exit polls but....

The most important thing they do to prevent fraud is rapid/independent counting. Volunteers at the precincts observe the counting and communicate tallies back to an independent headquarter in the same way that guy in GUAM was doing it last week posting the tallies in twitter.

Headquarters consolidate tallies and now you have a comparable number to the official results.

Governments are less likely to attempt to cook the number if someone else is counting nationally too.

That how it's been done in every election that needed special international attention.

Whenever I point out the common discrepancies between exit polls and actual results in the UK (which has the hand counted paper ballots that the conspiracy theorists claim would prevent fraud), the response is silence. In 1992 they overstated Labour's share of the vote enough to cause the exit poll based projection to be wrong (the projection was a "hung parliament" with no party holding a majority but the actual result was a Tory majority).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom