• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am just trying to figure out what the fuck their (and Bernie's) endgame is in all of this is. It just makes no sense to me. Christ, now I know how the Republicans felt about the Ron Paul people in 2008/2012...

They believe Clinton is stealing the election, their ridiculous end game is the ascension of Sanders as the candidate because they arrogantly believe he's the will of the people.

thcsquad

Y2Kev is right. We should collectively stop responding to attention seekers and troll posts.

The problem is what topics you arbitrarily deem as only within the realm of trolls. This isn't a muslim ban, a lot of people think a flat tax is a good idea for honest, non-hateful reasons and I think they deserve an honest explanation about why it's a terrible policy.

It's more substantive than digging up BS from r/s4p and making fun of it every day.

Christ I can't wait til Wednesday for this primary to end in Oregon.

Some Veep-situation if I've ever seen one

kbtV8zN.gif

Hindl

I guess I am just trying to figure out what the fuck their (and Bernie's) endgame is in all of this is. It just makes no sense to me. Christ, now I know how the Republicans felt about the Ron Paul people in 2008/2012...

Their endgame is that they truly believe that Bernie is the rightful candidate and will win the nomination, and that Hillary/DWS/DNC is stealing it. Also, there's the point to be made that it's not that Sanders' supporters have necessarily gotten more crazy, it's just that most of the reasonable ones have accepted that it's over. That leaves the crazies to be the only ones pushing his message

I´ve been so out of the loop with this shit. Now I know romance is a cultural construct to keep us distracted from the revelant happenings.

The Nevada Dems have been very antagonistic with Sanders since election day. No doubting what they are saying, but their tone seems very ammm, unnecessary.

I don't blame them. The kiddos are crying fraud and bias and all sort of garbage and it ended up being 100% their fault.

This is what happens when you let teenagers take control of your campaign.

Some Veep-situation if I've ever seen one

Holy shit. Hahaha. That's beautiful. Like, just amazing. How did his advance team screw that up

Meanwhile, PrioriitesUSA is beginning their anti-Trump TV advertising is week in select markets:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/732283327332417536

No surprise on the states selected thus far.

Oh god, those Cleveland numbers make me want to puke. It's going to start...and it's not going to end until November. FUCK.

studyguy

Sounds like even his volunteers have figured it out. Dude's running on fumes, maybe those Oregon numbers aren't so crazy...

Wheels fell off the wagon there, everyone ditched the cart.
It's only a matter of time till the rest of the convoy realizes this once we get to Oregon.

johnsmith

remember me
I´ve been so out of the loop with this shit. Now I know romance is a cultural construct to keep us distracted from the revelant happenings.

The Nevada Dems have been very antagonistic with Sanders since election day. No doubting what they are saying, but their tone seems very ammm, unnecessary.

Tone seems fine. What's the problem?

Meanwhile, PrioriitesUSA is beginning their anti-Trump TV advertising is week in select markets:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/732283327332417536

No surprise on the states selected thus far.

$193K.

Let the God damn deluge begin.

Oh god, those Cleveland numbers make me want to puke. It's going to start...and it's not going to end until November. FUCK.

We're getting just under half of that. Unless Trump does a Romney and says something stupid about Jeep. Then we're going to drown in ads again.

Here's a good writeup on the paradoxical negative effects from preschool. http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/01/the-new-preschool-is-crushing-kids/419139/

A major evaluation of Tennessee’s publicly funded preschool system, published in September, found that although children who had attended preschool initially exhibited more “school readiness” skills when they entered kindergarten than did their non-preschool-attending peers, by the time they were in first grade their attitudes toward school were deteriorating. And by second grade they performed worse on tests measuring literacy, language, and math skills. The researchers told New York magazine that overreliance on direct instruction and repetitive, poorly structured pedagogy were likely culprits; children who’d been subjected to the same insipid tasks year after year after year were understandably losing their enthusiasm for learning.

Has anyone detailed how the neoliberals are to blame for Venezuela yet?

Also, Curt Schilling going strong for his 2020 run at president:

Well, they are? They created the inequality context for Chavez to rise into power.

You may believe the skewed version of english-spoken, internet-using, electricity-covered people who got "hit" by the redistribution, but the fact remains that Chavez was democratically re-elected a couple of times.

Maduro is a dumbass, though.

johnsmith

remember me
He can't go a day without sounding like an idiot.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/trump-to-britain-i-am-the-opposite-of-stupid.html

"Number one, I'm not stupid, okay? I can tell you that right now — just the opposite," he assured the Good Morning Britain host. "Number two, in terms of divisive, I don't think I'm a divisive person. I'm a unifier; unlike our president now, I'm a unifier."

looks like we're not going to have a very good relationship," Trump said of U.K. prime minister David Cameron.

His relationship with London's newly elected Muslim mayor, Sadiq Khan, looks to be even worse. Khan has called Trump's statements about Muslims "ignorant," and pledged to help Hillary Clinton defeat the Donald in November.

"When he won I wished him well — now, I don't care about him," Trump said. "He doesn’t know me. Never met me. Doesn’t know what I’m all about ... They’re very rude statements, and frankly, tell him, I will remember those statements."

"I have many Muslim friends. They come over — not all of them, I have to say — I was with one the other day, one of the most successful men. He's Muslim. He said, 'Donald you have done us such a favor. You have brought out a problem that no one wants to talk about.'"

Well, they are? They created the inequality context for Chavez to rise into power.

You may believe the skewed version of english-spoken, internet-using, electricity-covered people who got "hit" by the redistribution, but the fact remains that Chavez was democratically re-elected a couple of times.

Maduro is a dumbass, though.

But is Chavez rising to power a necessary result from inequality? Is what he did after?

calling for people to unite behind clinton with "we must fight like hell" language one day, spreading that shit about DNC positions like bernie's not at fault for spurning the party the next

that's amore reich

Slayven

Was this posted?

If so lol Debbie, your ass is so burned.

Keep antagonizing 45% of your voters, Dems establishment.
I think this is the direct result of shit talking the DNC for the last 6 months. You can't spit in folks faces then expect them to roll out the red carpet.

teiresias

Was this posted?

It was posted way back when it first happened, and someone has no idea how conventions are usually planned and run. Futhermore, if Bernie wanted large representation at the convention rather than merely having his presence tolerated than he should have stopped calling the DNC and anyone that had the audacity to raise money to get Democrats elected to congress "corrupt". He's not entitled to anything given his behavior on these last legs of the process.

I also don't see how anyone can criticize the selection of Barnie Frank, he's a former member of Congress with actual accomplishments in legislation, unlike Bernie Sanders.

pigeon

Banned

Are you kidding? There were riots at the caucus! The head of the Nevada DNC is getting death threats! What tone are you expecting people to take?

Like I'm honestly surprised by this. What would justify, in your view, people sounding irked with Bernie Sanders supporters if this didn't?

Are you kidding? There were riots at the caucus! The head of the Nevada DNC is getting death threats! What tone are you expecting people to take?

Like I'm honestly surprised by this. What would justify, in your view, people sounding irked with Bernie Sanders supporters if this didn't?

Seriously, there have been 0 attempts by either Bernie, his campaign, or supporters, reign in the supporters constantly poor behavior.

Was this posted?

You aren't 45% of the democrat base and I couldn't care less whether you vote in November.

So tired of the inflated sense of entitlement from you guys. No one likes sore losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom