• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Does anybody else wonder if Hillary thinks the political gods must hate her? Like, deep down in her core she must wonder "Why me, God? After everything, I get stuck with the craziest opponent of all time? Is this what I must have to face to become president; my final challenge?"

Brb, writing Hillary fanfiction.

Iolo

I think Bernie is on Rachel tonight. Ralston might be on as well...not sure, about that though.

Bernie calling on his supporters to cut it out would go a long way to assuaging some party unification fears.

He did make nice with Harry Reid but it didn't do any good at the NV dem convention.

Melkr

If political revolution is Bernie's goal, why has he not given a flying fuck about the downticket? How is he going to get any of his policies without an agreeing congress?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This attitude will get Trump elected. Cut it out.

The belief that Sanders voters have a meaningful say in who wins the general election is both wishful thinking on the part of Bernie stans and diablosing on the part of Clinton stans.
It certainly doesn't seem to be a point of interest for Clinton's campaign or her PAC leaders, whose efforts suggest they believe liberal voters will fall in line.

The idea that the salt will last 6 months is kind of absurd to me. Nobody is going to talking about Bernie Sanders in November.

Bernie calling on his supporters to cut it out would go a long way to assuaging some party unification fears.

He did make nice with Harry Reid but it didn't do any good at the NV dem convention.

Be shocked if he did.

He's incited this with his rhetoric.

He's directly responsible.

royalan

Anecdotal and all, but I've never seen so many anti-Bernie posts on my social media feeds as I have today. I think the Nevada fiasco was the last straw for a lot of neutral people who were still trying to see the good in Bernie's campaign.

If Bernie's campaign and his supporters keep acting like this, Hillary and the DNC will be able to completely snub him and nobody will care.

Since the State Convention was adjourned Saturday night and Sanders supporters posted her cell phone number and other contact information online, our chairwoman has received thousands of death threats and threats of violence and misogynistic insults that aren’t fit to print. Our chairwoman had to be given a security detail throughout Saturday just to be able to move around the room and go to the bathroom safely. Our office was vandalized by protesters with hateful insults. This activity is beyond the pale.
This is pretty rank behaviour.

Was this posted?

If so lol Debbie, your ass is so burned.

Keep antagonizing 45% of your voters, Dems establishment.
Barney Frank is a Democratic stalwart and DWS will be fine in her seat.

And Berniecrats aren't nearly half the Democratic voter base. Setting aside he hasn't won that in popular vote. A lot of them aren't even Democrats which is why they were disqualified in Nevada and then essentially turned into GamerGate wannabes.

DWS sucks because she let this shitshow go on as long as it has with her dumb primary calendar.

PBY

Banned
Anecdotal and all, but I've never seen so many anti-Bernie posts on my social media feeds as I have today. I think the Nevada fiasco was the last straw for a lot of neutral people who were still trying to see the good in Bernie's campaign.

If Bernie's campaign and his supporters keep acting like this, Hillary and the DNC will be able to completely snub him and nobody will care.

I dunno man, I've seen a lot of this too:
http://www.salon.com/2016/05/16/wha...ders_supporters_are_fed_up_and_rightfully_so/

Cerium

This post is pretty terrible in every respect.

No, it's what Republicans should've said when they saw the Tea Party crazies making a bid to take over their party.

I'm not willing to repeat their mistake. These people need to be marginalized and suppressed. They should not be granted any kind of voice in the party.

#NeverBernie

Bronx-Man

Banned
At this point, I feel like Bernie is the prototype for the next big thing in the Democratic Party after Hillary. Someone's gonna take his ideas now and combine it with actual policy proposals and downticket support for a progressivist movement in Congress.

gcubed

At this point, I feel like Bernie is the prototype for the next big thing in the Democratic Party after Hillary. Someone's gonna take his ideas now and combine it with actual policy proposals and downticket support for a progressivist movement in Congress.

So, nothing like Bernie?

so basically, hillary except even further left

BanGy.nz

Banned

Russ Feingold?

Clefargle

Pretty much.

This primary season has been the death knell of left media as rational source for information

I know, TYT and other outlets have really shown their asses this year. Im glad that my two favorite progressive shows, "The Majority Report and The David Pakman Show are still rational though.

pigeon

Banned
No, it's what Republicans should've said when they saw the Tea Party crazies making a bid to take over their party.

I would like to see you explain why you think Melkr is a closet fascist. It seems totally unsupportable to me based on his actual post history.

Maybe you know him better, but I don't really see a difference between Melkr and Huelen. I try to avoid both because it's futile to talk to either.

I'm not catering to people like that.

This seems like a totally wild comparison to me. Melkr generally seems to have reasonable positions and perspectives (I mean, he admitted that Hillary was going to win well before lots of the Hillary supporters in this thread). The worst thing about him is that he tends to post a few times then disappear for a week but let he who is without sin etc. etc.

Like I said it's gonna be Tom Perez.

thcsquad

I was gonna say maybe Feingold will run for President but he'll be 71 in 2024. I guess that's not too old, but it's getting there. Warren will be 74 (Bernie's age now).

The younger Democratic superstars just aren't as liberal as the older ones. I think you're right that this will happen, but I think that person will either emerge after the election, or run to the left between now and then.

edit: or....

images

I know, TYT and other outlets have really shown their asses this year. Im glad that my two favorite progressive shows, "The Majority Report and The David Pakman Show are still rational though.

Meh Pakman gave Gamergate a lot of neutral unchallenged coverage so I lost interest in him ages ago.

I was gonna say maybe Feingold will run for President but he'll be 71 in 2024. I guess that's not too old, but it's getting there. Warren will be 74 (Bernie's age now).

The younger Democratic superstars just aren't as liberal as the older ones. I think you're right that this will happen, but I think that person will either emerge after the election, or run to the left between now and then.

Tom Perez Tom Perez Tom Perez

On other news:

Trump Campaign Canceled A Reporter’s Interview After They Heard Him Speak Spanish

Bronx-Man

Banned

edit: or....

images

God, if only. Tom Perez would be a dope choice as well.

Tyler hasn't released the numbers yet, but he says it's slim for Bernie. Benchmark has it pretty high for Clinton. Who's right? I think Benchmark has had better predictions all election, right?

royalan

Hillary's platform is already Bernie's ideas combined with actual realistic policy proposals.

Bernie shouldn't be given credit for anything when his ideas are completely ill-thought and unfeasible with the economy we have today.

The Democrats have been the ones fighting for realistic progressive change and ACHIEVING. Bernie threw some ideas in a salad bowl and ran on "why can't we be Denmark?"

I really hope donald trump eventually recognizes stuff like this will actually not help him get hispanics to vote for him, but sadly I expect trump to continue to do stuff like this in the GE.

What I hope is that stuff like this gets more Latinos to realize that this isn't just a Mexico thing and that the deportation plan is something that will also affect legal citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom