• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaros

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/23/politics/rosario-dawson-monica-lewinsky-hillary-clinton/index.html

Sanders defended Dawson's performance overall in an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" Sunday,
"Rosario is a great actress and she's doing a great job for us," Sanders told Tapper. "She's been a passionate fighter to see that we increase the voter turnout, that we fight for racial, economic, environmental justice."
But when pressed by Tapper if it was OK for her to bring up Lewinsky, Sanders said: "I have no idea in what context Rosario was talking about her. But I would hope that all of our people would focus on the real issues facing working people and the massive level of wealth and income inequality."

Bernie sidesteps questions about Rosario bringing up Monica Lewinsky at a rally right before he was set to speak.

So Democratic Corparate Whore was too much but Monica Lewinsky is fine to use vs Hillary?

That exit polls thing is incredibly stupid.

The Arizona one is the best. Seth Abramson would be proud.

I could list a bunch of problems with that image, but all I can think is that I'm glad I never bought into the "exit polls prove there was fraud in Ohio" conspiracy theory in 2004.

Is it true that if kasich drops out the 66 delegates from Ohio go to trump? That would make sense considering he's getting so little support and has barely any chance of winning on a second ballot. Not really any other reason to stay in. So basically he's just a puppet of the never trump movement and nothing more.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is it true that if kasich drops out the 66 delegates from Ohio go to trump? That would make sense considering he's getting so little support and has barely any chance of winning on a second ballot. Not really any other reason to stay in. So basically he's just a puppet of the never trump movement and nothing more.

I thought if he drops out they become unbound and get to choose who they wish, if I'm not mistaken.

dramatis

I thought if he drops out they become unbound and get to choose who they wish, if I'm not mistaken.
If Kasich drops out he can actually choose to hold or release them, they don't become unbound until he says so. I think. That's how Rubio is keeping some of his delegates.

Josh5890

You can request to keep your delegates for the first vote. Rubio did that last month when he wrote to the RNC chairman. Basically he is doing it to keep Trump from winning on the first ballot.

Kasich staying in the race is a net benefit to Trump. He's taking more votes from Cruz than from Trump which, given Republican delegate selection rules, increases Trump's delegate count.

Iolo

But when pressed by Tapper if it was OK for her to bring up Lewinsky, Sanders said: "I have no idea in what context Rosario was talking about her.

What other possible context could it possibly be? Talk about disingenuous.

kess

CgyA5V5WMAERKyx.jpg

His campaign is feeding conspiracies like this. Just the other day I received a Sanders mailer that had THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED written in huge letters and some spiel about the battle for the "heart and soul" of the Democratic party on the other side.

The fact that we treat disabled people like they're less than people disturbs me but good on Maryland for stepping up and correcting one wrong:

Maryland will soon become the second state, after New Hampshire, to phase out the “subminimum wage” for workers with disabilities.

Maryland lawmakers this month passed a bill that would do away with special wage certificates that allow employers to pay disabled workers according to productivity rather than hours worked. The law affects all 36 of Maryland’s “sheltered workshops” — nonprofit organizations that hire people with disabilities at subminimum wages to perform basic tasks like assembling products, hanging clothes, or picking up trash.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2016/04/20/3771386/maryland-ban-subminimum-wage/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
National Republican Primary:

CZqvH58.png

What is Trump's ceiling again? It's changed so many times it's hard to keep track.

You've often asked the question: "With Cruz's main foreign policy guy being a 12/10 on the batshit crazy scale, how fucked up must Trump's foreign policy guy be?"

Schmitz and Kogan, who boasts ties to the right-wing Citizens Equal Rights Alliance, warned that Turkey may be trying to “promote their brand of Islam” on reservations and produce yellowcake uranium using tribal resources.

“It is quite possible that the Turkish government, sponsored Turkish business enterprises, and affiliated terrorist groups or members may be seeking access to such expertise for possible acquisition and use of incendiary devices to compromise Kerr dam and/or other off-reservation targets,” the lawsuit claims.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/tru...spiring-with-native-americans-to-build-nukes/

If you had "crazy enough to think that we need to strip away rights from Native Americans so they don't send nuclear weapons to NATO allies who apparently want to nuke us." pick up your winnings.

The fact that we treat disabled people like they're less than people disturbs me but good on Maryland for stepping up and correcting one wrong:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2016/04/20/3771386/maryland-ban-subminimum-wage/
That's not a foregone conclusion. Those people would have not had work were it not for nonprofits. And we slap them in the face by telling them they have to make enough money to pay their employees when Their employees are inherently less productive?

That's not a foregone conclusion. Those people would have not had work were it not for nonprofits. And we slap them in the face by telling them they have to make enough money to pay their employees when Their employees are inherently less productive?
Holy shit are you seriously asking this

I hope you're trolling

OuterLimits

A 20 year old was arrested yesterday after threatening to bomb the Trump rally in Connecticut in two tweets. Including telling a friend that his family members should leave so they wouldn't get hurt. State police Counter terrorism detectives and Secret Service showed up at his door.

He was charged with first degree threatening, second degree breech of peace, and inciting injury to person or property. He was released on a 25,000 bond.

People are idiotic.

Brown University Poll with SUPER SMALL SAMPLE SIZES

Rhode Island

Clinton 43
Sanders 34

Trump 38
Kasich 25
Cruz 14

Matt McDermott, a Rhode Island analyst, says that RI should be a Sanders +8 state based on demographics so a loss like that would be devestating.

The main thing I get from that article is that the "Freedom Caucus" is a terrible group of people.

Normal people: "Let's try to combat a horrible disease causing massive birth defects."
Freedom caucus: "no"
Normal people: "Let's try to help people suffering from lead poisoning."
Freedom caucus: "no"

You mean he would get crucified by tea partiers if he did. They tried and succeeded with Cantor.
But they never ousted Boehner.

Holy shit are you seriously asking this

I hope you're trolling
I'm not asking, I'm telling. Mentally disabled people are human beings but they are not entitled to a minimum wage because they would never get hired in the first place. Allowing them to be hired at subminimum rates gives them a place in society.

Armaros

But they never ousted Boehner.

I'm not asking, I'm telling. Mentally disabled people are human beings but they are not entitled to a minimum wage because they would never get hired in the first place. Allowing them to be hired at subminimum rates gives them a place in society.

So you think he should roll the dice to see if they succeed? And that's a good political strategy?

I'm all for people working together but let's be real.

Also anytime your defense is 'they are human beings with disabilities but they should get treated worse' you should just stop.

OuterLimits

Wait, so polls show Trump up a bit in Indiana? Last week I kept hearing that rumors and "internal" polling showed Trump getting destroyed in the state. If he does pull out a win, his path to 1237 is pretty easy. He can still do it without the state, but it's definitely more challenging.

Wait, so polls show Trump up a bit in Indiana? Last week I kept hearing that rumors and "internal" polling showed Trump getting destroyed in the state. If he does pull out a win, his path to 1237 is pretty easy. He can still do it without the state, but it's definitely more challenging.
Before polls, it always looked to me as a Cruz/Trump swing state. Now I think Trump has it locked.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Currently he is up in the state, but we are getting slammed by anti-Trump ads. Every commercial break. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I haven't seen any anti-Trump ads in Indiana. A lot of "a vote for John Kasich is a vote for Donald Trump" ads though.

And so many ads about the congressional races. I want Todd Young and Marlin Stutzman to just go away.

Indiana General Election poll from WTHR

Trump 47
Clinton 39

Cruz 53
Clinton 36

What's ridiculous is a lot of the things that are languishing would probably get 300+ votes if they actually were brought up. It's pretty slam dunk, common sense legislation. But he won't do it because he doesn't want to get crucified the same way Boehner was. He's trying not to step on anyone's toes because he knows he'll need their support if he runs for president, too bad for him he's also throwing the entire establishment under the bus which would probably actually help him in the future.

If he runs in say, 2020 his record will be no better than Ted Cruz's.

Armaros

That's a completely unfair representation of what he is saying.

How else do you explain the idea that handicapped people should get less then even the lowest of legal wages?

As if they deserve less then scraps of minimum wage because of issues beyond their control.

ampere

There could always be a subsidy for businesses employing the disabled that covers any "loss" due to lower productivity if that's the concern. They still should be paid fairly.

I haven't seen any anti-Trump ads in Indiana. A lot of "a vote for John Kasich is a vote for Donald Trump" ads though.

And so many ads about the congressional races. I want Todd Young and Marlin Stutzman to just go away.

Trump 47
Clinton 39

Cruz 53
Clinton 36

Indiana is more pro-Trump than the Confederacy. Sad!

OuterLimits

Before polls, it always looked to me as a Cruz/Trump swing state. Now I think Trump has it locked.

I would still put it as a swing state. I could see the NeverTrump crowd going all out in a last ditch effort to stop Trump. Kind of similar to Wisconsin. Although there, Walker, Ryan and the GOP are very well organized. I don't see Indiana being quite like that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Cruz win there.

I would still put it as a swing state. I could see the NeverTrump crowd going all out in a last ditch effort to stop Trump. Kind of similar to Wisconsin. Although there, Walker, Ryan and the GOP are very well organized. I don't see Indiana being quite like that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Cruz win there.
I think it depends a lot on what the local GOP and Pence does.

OuterLimits

I think it depends a lot on what the local GOP and Pence does.

True. Didn't Trump meet with Pence recently? Probably doesn't want him doing what Walker did. Granted, Cruz wasn't mathematically eliminated in Wisconsin. Endorsing him now is more risky in my opinion since he can't win nomination based on the voters anymore.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!

Trump 47
Clinton 39

Cruz 53
Clinton 36

The congressional race drives me up the wall. Todd Young is winning the contest to annoy me more than any other human on Earth, but Stutzman is not going down without a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom