• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
Holy shit, between that and Thorium, energy won't be the problem of the future, rare earth minerals will be.

We'll be mining the asteroid belt before it's a real problem. We have something like 1,000 years worth of fuel for TWR in our fission waste stockpiles.

You've really got to love this myth that Bernie is winning the popular support of the country. He has been behind in the polling aggregate nationally since the campaign started (which he has closed considerably, much to his credit), he is behind in the popular vote, he is behind in states won, he is behind in pledged delegates, but it is the super delegates who are subverting the will of the people. With all due respect to her, how does someone who went to Harvard medical become an antivaxxer and so detached from reality in general?

Cruz went to Princeton and Harvard.

ampere

What are the solutions for the nuclear waste storage problem though?

I don't think nuclear will be politically viable until a safe and easily understood method of storing the waste can be explained to the public. I'm in favor of nuclear but this is a problem that myself and many people I've spoken to about this are concerned about. No one wants nuclear waste stored in their backyard.

Currently it has to be stored on site because there's no Yucca mountain project anymore. Ideally we could reintroduce that project or pick another site.

Still better than carbon in the air though! Trade offs.

till Fusion energy is finally a thing.

Keep dreaming! It'd be cool, but I don't think so. The closest I see us getting to harnessing fusion power is solar energy, which is generated by fusion on the sun.

Tubie

Currently it has to be stored on site because there's no Yucca mountain project anymore. Ideally we could reintroduce that project or pick another site.

Still better than carbon in the air though! Trade offs.

Keep dreaming! It'd be cool, but I don't think so. The closest I see us getting to harnessing fusion power is solar energy, which is generated by fusion on the sun.

Oh man fusion fascinates me, you are basically creating a small star here on earth.

This weeks VICE on HBO showed some of the progress being made on Fusion and the next big hope is a massive reactor they are building in France right now. It's still 10 years away from being complete, but all we need is for someone to finally get ignition on fusion (generate more energy than it took to start it), once you do that then it's basically infinite energy forever with no pollution.

latest

The GOP is a dumpster fire now, but really, they've been a dumpster fire for a while now.

Former GOP leadership.

-Hastert: Raped at least four children.
-DeLay: Felon, supports child rapists.
-Newt: Running mail fraud scams for the last decade or so.
-Cheney
-Armey: Believed in "legitimate rape" comments from Akin.

The GOP is a dumpster fire now, but really, they've been a dumpster fire for a while now.

Former GOP leadership.

-Hastert: Raped at least four children.
-DeLay: Felon, supports child rapists.
-Newt: Running mail fraud scams for the last decade or so.
-Cheney
-Armey: Believed in "legitimate rape" comments from Akin.

Boehner?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dont thorium reactors get fed with plutonium? So we get rid of dangerous waste from uranium reactors and get energy from much safer facilities? What is the downside?

Chichikov

Pretty much. Nuclear is relative short term while we wait for breakthroughs. If Fusion doesn't pan out we just gotta get to space and build dat dyson sphere.
You don't need a dyson sphere, it's a stupid idea anyway..

The future will be solar, there are some challenges about energy transportation and storage, but honestly, all of them are solvable even with current technology (though technological advancement will make them more affordable and therefore more palatable to decision makers).

9MnNJUQ.jpg

12705272_10156610230270725_2521844398312792661_n.jpg

: (

Brady, noooo...
Garbage human being in garbage.

We should put Bernard Pollard on the back of the $20 bill.

GwqN3PS.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Dont thorium reactors get fed with plutonium? So we get rid of dangerous waste from uranium reactors and get energy from much safer facilities? What is the downside?

Getting it to work, especially on the scale needed. It's far more likely to happen in our lifetimes than Fusion though.

Paskil

Today officially marks a year since I flew out to DC to camp out in front of SCOTUS for four nights to sit in on the oral arguments for Obergefell. Fun Fact, before Obergefell was Obergefell v. Hodges, it was Obergefell v. Kasich.

I popped up in a whole bunch of places because I took the cheesehead I bought at Lambeau Field with me and wore it most of the time I was sitting in front of SCOTUS.My face popped up in quite a few places (Slate, NPR, NYT, USA Today, AJC, and some other places using a photo taken by Reuters). This last year has been incredible, mostly because of my new policy analyst job I started in November, but the SCOTUS oral argument thing was AWESOME and is easily in the top 5 awesome things in my life.

I just wanted to post something because it feels like an anniversary and an important date.

Today officially marks a year since I flew out to DC to camp out in front of SCOTUS for four nights to sit in on the oral arguments for Obergefell. Fun Fact, before Obergefell was Obergefell v. Hodges, it was Obergefell v. Kasich.

I popped up in a whole bunch of places because I took the cheesehead I bought at Lambeau Field with me and wore it most of the time I was sitting in front of SCOTUS.My face popped up in quite a few places (Slate, NPR, NYT, USA Today, AJC, and some other places using a photo taken by Reuters). This last year has been incredible, mostly because of my new policy analyst job I started in November, but the SCOTUS oral argument thing was AWESOME and is easily in the top 5 awesome things in my life.

I just wanted to post something because it feels like an anniversary and an important date.

What a small world we live in.

HylianTom

Banned

Sweet - so envious!

I remember following a few of the hashtags that campers were using on Twitter, and your iconic cheesehead was there in a number of pics.

A year already. Damn.

ampere

Oh man fusion fascinates me, you are basically creating a small star here on earth.

This weeks VICE on HBO showed some of the progress being made on Fusion and the next big hope is a massive reactor they are building in France right now. It's still 10 years away from being complete, but all we need is for someone to finally get ignition on fusion (generate more energy than it took to start it), once you do that then it's basically infinite energy forever with no pollution.

More research is still really cool, even if I have strong doubts about the possibility of it being viable. I'm sure there's much to be learned from that reactor.

12705272_10156610230270725_2521844398312792661_n.jpg

: (

Brady, noooo...

He's only a hero on the field, otherwise kinda typical white republican : /.

Glad you had a good time! It was a pretty important case, would be cool to see RBG arguing stuff :p

Checking in on #GamerGate for the first time in a while and they're very excited about the fact that Japanese politicians seem cool with children in hentai and tentacle rape hentai.

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/22/11477926/bernie-sanders-aides-fight

On Tuesday night, as it became clear that Sanders had lost New York badly, Sanders's campaign manager, Jeff Weaver, told MSNBC that "it's going to be an election determined by the superdelegates" — implying that the campaign will push for a Sanders nomination regardless of the popular vote total or delegate count.

But the next day, senior adviser Tad Devine laid out a different path, telling MSNBC: "I believe that today — that our superdelegates, that our party leaders, should let the voters speak first." He was saying the superdelegates should go with the pledged delegate winner, and Hillary Clinton is far ahead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ies-to-clinton-because-poor-people-dont-vote/

It's not clear that larger turnout among poor voters would have actually helped Sanders against Clinton, however.

Sanders has lost Democratic voters with household incomes below $50,000 by 55 percent to 44 percent to Clinton across primaries where network exit polls have been conducted. (He has lost by a wider 21 percentage-point margin among voters with incomes above $100,000, and by 9 points among middle income voters.)

qaDc29N.gif

HylianTom

Banned
That exit polls thing is incredibly stupid.
The kookier portion of his support has reached FreeRepublic/Breitbart-tier delusion a while ago. It's uncanny.

Speaking of FreeRepublic, the owner has stepped-in on the Cruz-Trump war currently being waged on his site:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3424005/posts

We the People have voted and are voting to finally wrest control of our government from the entrenched corrupt establishment, aka, the uni-Party.

Cruz, Kasich, et al are mathematically eliminated and cannot win the nomination per the voters. They can attempt to re-wrest the nomination away from Trump and away from We the People only by corrupt establishment treachery at the convention. And that will split and destroy the party and guarantee a Hillary win.

NeverTrump is a losing proposition and will lead to a loss of liberty and loss of country.

This is totally unacceptable.

After the corrupt establishment losing twice in a row to Marxist Obama, I'm damned tired of the corrupt establishment and damned tired of losing.

If you are a NeverTrump type person, you are working against our purposes on FR, so please opus out now and log off and let us carry on with our mission in peace.

Continue insulting us with 24/7 anti-Trump diatribes and insults, your opus will be assumed.

We will unite behind our nominee and we will win this coming election (with or without you) and we will get a handle on this divided forum very soon.

Hope you understand my position.

By the way, Cruz's campaign still refuses to answer the question whether or not Cruz will support Trump if he's the nominee. He's taking the GOPe route of preferring Hillary over Trump. This is also totally unacceptable.

Popcorn.gif

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
The kookier portion of his support has reached FreeRepublic/Breitbart-tier delusion a while ago. It's uncanny.

Speaking of FreeRepublic, the owner has stepped-in on the Cruz-Trump war currently being waged on his site:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3424005/posts

Popcorn.gif
I mean, they are correct about the incoming split for the republican party, but I get the feeling it will happen anyway in both of those outcomes. Though, it would probably happen faster if Trump doesn't get the nomination. Other than that:
giphy.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
he'll get to 1237 and you'll still believe the RNC will rig it once the convention happens. Plinko have some hope. :)

You're right--why would I ever think that?

Curly Haugland, a longstanding RNC official and an unbound delegate from North Dakota who will be on the convention rules committee in July, told CNBC that attaining 1,237 during the primaries does not secure the nomination.

"Even if Trump reaches the magic number of 1,237 the media and RNC are touting, that does not mean Trump is automatically the nominee," Haugland said. "The votes earned during the primary process are only estimates and are not legal convention votes. The only official votes to nominate a candidate are those that are cast from the convention floor."

Oh wait. We have RNC officials blatantly hinting that it will happen.

CCS

Banned
What PoliGAF posters are you all most like?

I'm pretty sure I agree with Ivysaur and CCS on everything.

I seem to agree with you pretty much all the time, yes :p

Basically most of the enthusiastic Hillary supporters are pretty similar to me on the issues.

And obviously me and my gurrrl Adam have a special thing :p

Armaros

Looking at his resume why would anyone hire him? Was he cheap? Or just available?

Probably the only person that had run previous national campaigns that would actually sign on.

Notice that just about everyone else has no experience on the national stage. Weaver is Bernie's long time senate campagin person called out of bookstore retirement.

You're right--why would I ever think that?

Oh wait. We have RNC officisls blatantly hinting that it will happen.
There is no way that if he hits 1237+ that they will fuck him over. They would be slitting their own throats and lead to a party fracture on the national level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom