• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Isn't it?

I've been bashed. I lived in fear for years that this would happen to me again. I was fucking lucky they didn't have a gun. I'm lying if I say I'm not scared to hold hands with someone I love. I'd be lying if I don't get afraid someone will think I'm "too gay" and say or do something.

Shootings? No. They're not that common for us. But the violence that the LGB (and especially) T community lives with on a daily basis is barely under the surface. It's a constant...thing that's there.
Even in safe areas ("safe"), it's always in the back of your mind.

Diablos

A registered Democrat shoots up a LGBT club, carrying out the largest mass shooting in the US to date, and apparently has some kind of link to ISIS. There's so much wrong with this picture here. His state of mind must have been completely shattered. How do you even get to that point?

Isn't it?

I've been bashed. I lived in fear for years that this would happen to me again. I was fucking lucky they didn't have a gun. I'm lying if I say I'm not scared to hold hands with someone I love. I'd be lying if I don't get afraid someone will think I'm "too gay" and say or do something.

Shootings? No. They're not that common for us. But the violence that the LGB (and especially) T community lives with on a daily basis is barely under the surface. It's a constant...thing that's there.

People haven't experience fear until they've gotten the shit beaten out of them for holding hands. I live in perpetual fear of being outed at large. I didn't even identify in public for years.

parrotful

Neo Member
Hi, PoliGAF. I'm just a lurker, but I just wanted to send out some love to all of you. It's always been a pleasure to come here and to have a place where I can stay level-headed and informed while living in the middle of Bernie country.

I know I can't fix this -- this event is too big and too tragic -- but hopefully knowing that one other person is wishing you all well can bring just a bit more light into your day.

Plumbob

A registered Democrat shoots up a LGBT club, carrying out the largest mass shooting in the US to date, and apparently has some kind of link to ISIS. There's so much wrong with this picture here. His state of mind must have been completely shattered. How do you even get to that point?

Hatred is not a mental disorder

... Of course he was a registered Democrat, he's a Muslim America.

Even if you're a really conservative Muslim and a bigot, you're obviously not going to register as a Republican.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
People haven't experience fear until they've gotten the shit beaten out of them for holding hands. I live in perpetual fear of being outed at large. I didn't even identify in public for years.

It's why if a car has been behind me for more than a couple of miles and I am heading home, I always take a circuitous route and make sure the car isn't following me before I actually go home.

Hatred is not a mental disorder

Indeed.

If the suspect in LA is a radicalized Muslim....ooof...

TheFatOne

Excuse me while I go throw up.

CkxHAVgVEAA6PGD.jpg

This got me. Saw this in the other thread. Thought it deserved to be posted hear. Man this day is pretty awful.

It's why if a car has been behind me for more than a couple of miles and I am heading home, I always take a circuitous route and make sure the car isn't following me before I actually go home.

Ditto. I have heat runs planned out for what turns to take and routes to double back on to get home if I feel like I'm being followed.

I have issues seeing out of my right eye most days because of a fractured orbital. I wear contacts when I pitch so I can actually see and even then it's 50/50 on how good it'll be. I know it's not healthy but fuck man, I have my son with me when I drive a lot of the time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This got me. Saw this in the other thread. Thought it deserved to be posted hear. Man this day is pretty awful.

I saw this and it just makes me want to cry.

Trump just now:

Someone needs to punch him in the face.

Called it. Obama looks like he was crying.

Can't blame him. He's supposed to be the most powerful man in the world and he's unable to stop this sort of thing. That'd just break my heart on a daily basis.

nitronite

Disgusting tweet by Trump, but it completely fits the usual Trump playbook. What he loves to do is get the media to at least report on him saying that he is right about something. Right now, this tweet of his is an attempt to get everyone to cover his narrative: that there is a problem with radical Islamic terrorism, as he calls it, i.e. ban all muslims. Unfortunately, based on the events of today, people may be emotional enough to agree with him on this.

This is Trump's path to victory in November. Terrorist attacks on US soil as well as a huge global economic downturn.

Meowster

No one caring about the gay part of this story.. why am I not surprised? Anyways, it was pretty upsetting to go to work to hear a customer stupidly say that none of this would have happened if the gays had "balls" and carried their guns with them. I almost vomited. Missouri never fails to disappoint.

No one caring about the gay part of this story.. why am I not surprised? Anyways, it was pretty upsetting to go to work to hear a customer stupidly say that none of this would have happened if the gays had "balls" and carried their guns with them. I almost vomited. Missouri never fails to disappoint.

Our president cares.

That's what gives me hope.

If anybody is angry about how short the statement was. I'm just as physically and emotionally spent and it's not my responsibility to care for the lives of those that were lost, effected, altered, and potentially altered by this awful act.

He looks like he just wants to lie down and go ten minutes without hearing about how profoundly hate filled this world and his country is and, to be honest, I don't blame him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What do you even do, when any effort you make on gun control is blocked by our Congress

We need to take the Senate and House so badly, and we need serious gun control reform.

If we manage to get both of them with decent majorities, gun control needs to be first on the docket. If only to stop this sort of thing from happening again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom