• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

There's no modern precedent in recent memory for a candidate saying things like this after a national tragedy, is there? I remember people telling me "oh no, our elected officials aren't like this. That's just a guy on the radio." And yet, millions of people will see him as a moral choice come November.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's hard to muster up anger right now. I'm just... Sad. Hillary and Obama need to go scorched earth immediately on Trump.

Just nuke him politically every single day from here to November. This man doesn't even deserve to get 1% of the vote, let alone win.

Do I hope he dies? No.

Do I hope someone breaks his jaw?

Yeah.

I'd like to volunteer for that job. Holy crap, what a fucking piece of shit. He couldn't even be bothered to pretend to be sad.

Should have amended my statement to imply "beyond promoting more rampant Islamophobia".

Nobody will give a shit that 50 gay people died and 53+ more are seriously wounded, should have been the point.

So how will this affect trumps numbers? I'm afraid this will increase fear mongering to peak islamaphobic numbers and he'll ride the wave to the election

I hope someone asks Trump about the victims. Point blank. "Do you think they deserved it?" Point fucking blank. No more hiding behind platitudes. I'm sure he has some the best words. Make him squirm.

Trump is not a culture warrior. He's too rich to be concerned about what people do in their bedrooms.

image.jpg
Rubio really sucks.

studyguy

News cycle next week is going to be ugly for sure. Not looking forward to seeing the awful punditry that follows every shooting.

Trump and his comments are straight up disgusting.

Religion overall is a disease, please fade away from America in my lifetime.

No.

Intolerance is a disease. Hatred is a disease. Refusing to acknowledge the inherent worth of people is a disease. People of faith can be as loving, tolerant and welcoming as anyone else. Atheists can be entitled, homophobic, misogynist, racist assholes.

Believe me. I'm shook as fuck about this. I've been physically in that building. I have friends who were in that building last night. I've been bashed myself. We are going to be better than them. We are going to prove that we are better than they are.

TheFatOne

Really shitty news to wake up to. Don't know what to say that hasn't been already said. We have a serious problem with guns in the U.S., and there doesn't seem to be a solution coming any time soon. Real shame.

Never going to happen. Not in your lifetime. Not going to happen for thousands of years.

Wilsongt

One of the mother's they interviewed early this morning was interviewed again... Still nothing about her son...

This is heartbreaking.

I heard about the shooting in the nightclub on twitter in the wee hours of the morning but I didn't know it was going to turn into a fucking massacre. wtf?

thebloo

He would say something like, "All life is precious. This is a terrible, terrible thing. And we can never let it happen again."

Props to him if he'd say that. But he wouldn't. Anyway, enough about that.

Horrible for everyone involved, I hope the injured pull through.

Republicans, who are stridently anti-LGBTQ in their proposals, have no credibility in talking about what negative ideological tenets "radical Islam" has toward LGBTQ folks. Most of them subscribe to a perverse version of Christianity that shares many of the same tenets.

They'd do well just to say that they are sorry for the victims and that life is precious and that no one has the right to take the lives of others and bow the fuck out.

ampere

Intolerance is a disease. Hatred is a disease. Refusing to acknowledge the inherent worth of people is a disease. People of faith can be as loving, tolerant and welcoming as anyone else. Atheists can be entitled, homophobic, misogynist, racist assholes.

This. I'm non-religious, but there are tons of alt-right bigots who are also non-religious.

Homophobia is hatred, we need to fight hatred.

And guns are weapons of death, we need to regulate them much more strongly.

studyguy

Fully expect Trump to turn the Muslim ban track up to 11 again. Unfortunate bullshit like this is just gonna be more fodder to hate on anyone vaguely brown.

Plumbob

I agree that people who believe in religion are not facing reality, but religion is not a disease. It often gives people a sense of purpose and community, which has enormous psychological and physiological benefits.

I hope the recent horrifying events and Trump's appaling response to them convince Bernie or Bust people to consider swallowing their anger making sure this piece of shit and the party who supports him do not get control of the white house.

Plumbob

This was definitely terrorism - and probably religious terrorism. It was likely motivated by religious/cultural homophobia. Stronger gun control laws could have prevented it.

TheFatOne

Urgh I really hate that instead of talking about the victims or what LGBT people face every day in the U.S. this story is going to turn to terrorism, and radical islam. Media shouldn't be using this piece of shits name, and they should be instead focusing on the victims.

Hillary needs to stay low-key for a day or two. Trump's going to get mauled over this.

Supposedly she's retooling her economic speech to be about this.

Not to be all pol today, but if she can come out and look Presidential, it's a great parallel to that fucking shit stain on the GOP side.

Plumbob

Urgh I really hate that instead of talking about the victims or what LGBT people face every day in the U.S. this story is going to turn to terrorism, and radical islam. Media shouldn't be using this piece of shits name, and they should be instead focusing on the victims.

This is NOT an everyday event for the LGBT community. Thank God.

This is NOT an everyday event for the LGBT community. Thank God.

Isn't it?

I've been bashed. I lived in fear for years that this would happen to me again. I was fucking lucky they didn't have a gun. I'm lying if I say I'm not scared to hold hands with someone I love. I'd be lying if I don't get afraid someone will think I'm "too gay" and say or do something.

Shootings? No. They're not that common for us. But the violence that the LGB (and especially) T community lives with on a daily basis is barely under the surface. It's a constant...thing that's there.

I just hope that people that beat their significant others will not be able to own guns in America within the next few years.

People who attack their SOs are the worst people in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom