• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to God if I see anyone come out with any false flag bullshit in the wake of this like they did Sandy Hook I will lose my shit.

Adam... I hope that final person is reached and is completely okay.

Common sense gun control people. Just fucking get it passed. America wants it. Most NRA members want universal background checks.

GET IT DONE.

If it even saves one life... just one.

Wilsongt

Terrorist act and a hate crime. Which side is the GOP going to focus on more?

Sitting in a country restaurant and random folks are talking about the ISIS angle and not the gay angle.

I hope someone asks Trump about the victims. Point blank. "Do you think they deserved it?" Point fucking blank. No more hiding behind platitudes. I'm sure he has some the best words. Make him squirm.

Meh, homophobic is about the one thing he's not. At least from what I can tell.

The Terror Watch List is generally garbage and we shouldn't make decisions based on it.

People who abuse their significant others or animals should not be allowed to have guns, however.

TheFatOne

Man fuck the media. I am almost 100% positive that ISIS had no fucking clue this guy even existed. Of course they are going to take credit for something like this, and the U.S. media plays right into this propaganda machine. Hate the way the media plays into this bullshit while ignoring the victims. All about the shooter never about the victims.

They got in touch with her mom. She was injured but she's going to be okay.

Jesus Christ.

And, of course, he's blaming himself for having invited people. They almost went to Parliament House....

studyguy

Terrorism with 100% blinders on the fact that the victims were gay.
Or they could be like that guy from Texas iirc, saying gays reap what they sow or whatever other garbage he decided to pull out his ass.

Makai

The Terror Watch List is generally garbage and we shouldn't make decisions based on it.

People who abuse their significant others or animals should not be allowed to have guns, however.

Shouldn't take away somebody's constitutional rights because they've committed a crime.

Sitting in a country restaurant and random folks are talking about the ISIS angle and not the gay angle.

I'll take 'Muslims' for 500.

That's what they're going to focus on. The *religion* of the terrorists. They'll ignore the religion of the victims. They'll ignore the religion of the people decrying this all around the world. I've already seen Christians complaining about how 'they get hated because of cakes but we can't point out that the guy who did this is a muslim'. Fuck all that noise.

Hey, maybe today isn't the best day to complain that you can't deny people service should you own a fucking BAKERY YOU ASSHOLES.

cogent

Banned
I'd encourage people to just not watch TV news in the wake of these terrible tragedies, I don't think it's particularly helpful beyond reporting the events as they happen.

If the fact that the victims were predominantly gay men gets even tertiary mention after today I'd be stunned.

I'm sure Fox News will find the straight attendees in the crowd among the victims to make martyrs of.

Shouldn't take away somebody's constitutional rights because they've committed a crime.

.......... Why?

Being able to drive a car is much more important in reality than being able to own a gun but we can take away someone's ability to drive a car because of their committing of crimes.

A registered Democrat shoots up a LGBT club, carrying out the largest mass shooting in the US to date, and apparently has some kind of link to ISIS. There's so much wrong with this picture here. His state of mind must have been completely shattered. How do you even get to that point?

The registered Democrat shouldn't be a surprise. The GOP is the only party that preaches hate against muslims, so all ideology aside ot shouldn't be a surprise that even otherwise right wing muslims vote Democrat.

Teggy

By the way, another one of these:

Trump on Saturday:

“I love Big Ben,” Trump said. “I just spoke to him. What a great guy. And he’s with us 100 percent.”

Reporter talking to Roethisberger later on Saturday

Roethlisberger told me he will not attend the Republican convention and will nor endorse nor speak for the candidate.

Also, I'd like for any Republican to explain how this differs from the Carolina church shooting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

There's states where criminals can't vote, but they can buy a gun.

With a slightly more serious answer, certain rights are limited for the public good. The second amendment should be among them. If we can limit the first amendment to protect people we sure as shit should do it for the second.

olympia

blood bank line is a mile long, restaurants along the street are feeding and hydrating the donors.

also surprising amount of solidarity between the two senators

My mom is currently washing down walls with bleach. She's reached the muttering phase. This is a good thing.

Trying to figure out who I should send money to? Not to be shady, but I don't want to give to groups that aren't local and aren't affiliated with LGBT issues in the area. I'm sure I could give to the Center but IDK who is leading the effort in the area.

Parliament House was going to have something tonight, but they were encouraged to hold off for safety reasons.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Perhaps that wasn't the best example, since I do agree with you.

Preventing people who are potential threats from having guns can fall under protecting the health and safety of the general public though.

For example, if you beat your significant other then you probably shouldn't have access to a gun.

We limit the first amendment to protect the public, why the hell not the second?

Wilsongt

My mom is currently washing down walls with bleach. She's reached the muttering phase. This is a good thing.

Trying to figure out who I should send money to? Not to be shady, but I don't want to give to groups that aren't local and aren't affiliated with LGBT issues in the area. I'm sure I could give to the Center but IDK who is leading the effort in the area.

Parliament House was going to have something tonight, but they were encouraged to hold off for safety reasons.

Is your mother going to suddenly start cursing?

Kangi

For those who made or received rainbow avatars last year for the SCOTUS decision: perhaps now would be a good time to use them again. New ones could be made, as well.

I won't be showing mine off much today, though.

Hillary's statement:

I join Americans in praying for the victims of the attack in Orlando, their families and the first responders who did everything they could to save lives.

This was an act of terror. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies are hard at work, and we will learn more in the hours and days ahead. For now, we can say for certain that we need to redouble our efforts to defend our country from threats at home and abroad. That means defeating international terror groups, working with allies and partners to go after them wherever they are, countering their attempts to recruit people here and everywhere, and hardening our defenses at home. It also means refusing to be intimidated and staying true to our values.

This was also an act of hate. The gunman attacked an LGBT nightclub during Pride Month. To the LGBT community: please know that you have millions of allies across our country. I am one of them. We will keep fighting for your right to live freely, openly and without fear. Hate has absolutely no place in America.

Finally, we need to keep guns like the ones used last night out of the hands of terrorists or other violent criminals. This is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States and it reminds us once more that weapons of war have no place on our streets.
This is a time to stand together and resolve to do everything we can to defend our communities and country.

Here's Bernie's full statement:

“All Americans are horrified, disgusted and saddened by the horrific atrocity in Orlando.

“At this point we do not know whether this was an act of terrorism, a terrible hate crime against gay people or the act of a very sick person, but we extend our heartfelt condolences to the victims’ families and loved ones and our thoughts are with the injured and the entire Orlando LGBTQ community.”

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hillary's statement:

I remember a few weeks ago she said something along the lines of gun control being first on the docket if we can retake Congress, if she holds to that and is able to make it happen I don't care what the rest of her term looks like. It'll be a win for me.

I put on the Euros. Germany is going to crush Ukraine into dust, so at least it'll be good for a laugh.

Considering England fucked up yesterday.... : sigh : At least team USA won.

Also, my mom just called me a son of a bitch for not putting the alcohol on the right shelf. So we're making progress.

Wilsongt

This mother fucker.

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump – Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

"@WandaWalls20: @realDonaldTrump Please make us safe. We cannot have Hillary as president. We will be in so much trouble.
12:02 PM - 12 Jun 2016
1,382 RETWEETS4,196 LIKES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom