• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You know if Trump says "Ok I agree not to talk about the wall." he will talk about the wall once Nieto is there.

mo60

God, I would be delirious with joy if Trump's delusion about having won the popular actually led to him somehow ending the electoral college.

The republicans would never win a presidential election again with their current coalition if the EC was gotten rid of. Getting rid of the EC would potentially make it easier for the GOP to move more towards the left quicker as a party.

UberTag

God, I would be delirious with joy if Trump's delusion about having won the popular actually led to him somehow ending the electoral college.
Even if we could figure out a way to push his buttons to make this possible, nobody else would be on board with it. Sadly.

NeoXChaos

bored so I took a quick look at the D strength in the below area.

Democratic Performance in the Plains States Last 50-80 years

Wyoming

Last D Governor-David Fruenthal 2003-2011
Last D Held State Senate- 1938
Last D Held State House- 1966
Last D U.S Senator- Gale McGhee 1959-1977

Idaho

Last D Governor- Cecil Andrus- 1987-1995
Last D Held State Senate- 1960
Last D Held State House- 1960
Last D U.S Senator- Frank Church 1957-1981

Utah

Last D Governor- Scott Matheson 1977-1985
Last D Held State Senate- 1979
Last D Held State House- 1976
Last D U.S Senator- Frank Moss 1959-1977

North Dakota

Last D Governor-George Sinner 1985-1992
Last D Held State Senate-1993
Last D Held State House-1984
Last D U.S Senator Heidi Heitkamp- 2013-Present

South Dakota

Last D Governor- Harvey Wollman- 1976-1979
Last D Held State Senate-1994
Last D Held State House-1974*, 1936
Last D U.S Senator-Tim Johnson 1997-2015

*Tie in Senate 35D-35R chamber elected D speaker. Last D>R 1936

Nebraska

Last D Governor- Ben Nelson 1991-1999
Unicameral Legislature
Last D Senator- Bill Nelson 1999-2011

Kansas

Last D Governor-Mark Parkinson 2009-2011
Last D Held State Senate-1917
Last D Held State House-1993, 1978, 1917
Last D U.S Senator- George McGill 1930-1939

Montana

Last D Governor- Steve Bullock 2013-Present
Last D Held State Senate-2008
Last D Held State House- *2010, 2006*, 1993
Last D U.S Senator John Tester 2007-Present

*Ties of 50D-50R, elected D Speaker. D>R 1993

All have not gone D in the same election for President since Johnson Landslide of 1964 and before that FDR in 1936

Montana seems to the the best D performance of that region.

ok, everyone start telling Trump that he won the popular vote but Crooked Hillary's EC votes made the election look too close

he might remove it

Question: with these bans for refugees in place.

Trump loves Putin. Putin is backing Assad, who is killing women and children, many whom are trying to get here but are now barred.

What am I missing here? The dude is literally barring people his friend is implicit in murdering, no?

Grexeno

Question: with these bans for refugees in place.

Trump loves Putin. Putin is backing Assad, who is killing women and children, many whom are trying to get here but are now barred.

What am I missing here? The dude is literally barring people his friend is implicit in murdering, no?
Yeah that about sums it up.

GrapeApes

Have some fucking self respect
For real. There's is one party out there actively trying to disenfranchise people who look like you. How can you get on board with that just because they'll lower your taxes? I'd rather just abstain from the whole process. Was shaking my head during the whole duration of the video.

Diablos

Political parties aside, I can't fathom how any minority could support Trump for President. It just makes no rational sense.

I think he just likes saying shit.

moves is pablum bangy. A step down from his previous creative output imo. But still better than drake

in related news: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/big-sean-raises-100000-to-fight-flint-water-crisis-w463140
Detroit MC Big Sean said his foundation raised about $100,000 for people in Flint, Michigan affected by the city's ongoing water crisis on The Daily Show With Trevor Noah Wednesday.

"It's not even close to being over," Big Sean said. "That situation wasn't a natural disaster. It's something that should've been prevented and could've been prevented, so it's just disgusting to think about the damages that these families and even kids have to go through with the lead poisoning."

The rapper noted that his mother suffered from a degree of lead poisoning, but was able to reverse the symptoms through homeopathic and holistic medicine. He added that the money raised by the Sean Anderson Foundation will help people with lead poisoning seek out proper care and will provide them with clean water.

Sean also revealed that the last song on his new album, I Decided, will feature the Flint Chosen Choir, saying he wanted to "reach out and show some support from that side, creatively. It's a song called 'Bigger Than Me' and once you hear it you'll see why I wanted them to be on it. But I was just happy to have Flint be a part of my album in that way as well."
Slay, when will your faves, etc.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy shit, I just realized something guys.

The entire 2016 election is like that Frank Grimes episode of The Simpsons. :O

kadotsu

Banned
Holy shit, I just realized something guys.

The entire 2016 election is like that Frank Grimes episode of The Simpsons. :O

It's more like the garbage collection episode.

hqdefault.jpg

Crocodile

Political parties aside, I can't fathom how any minority could support Trump for President. It just makes no rational sense.

"I got mine and/or got here legally, fuck you"
"I'm one of the good ones"
"I don't see color, stop race baiting"
"BOOTSTRAPS"

etc.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It's more like the garbage collection episode.

hqdefault.jpg

Ooh, that's probably a better one, yeah.

So I watched part of the ep when he visits Homer's house... I don't see the connection?

The diligent, hard working guy whose suffered his entire life (Hillary) just can't catch a break, and keeps losing to the incompetent goober (Trump) who nobody else aside from him (Hillary) sees as such?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

Teggy

Oh look, someone needs to eat a bag of dicks

Grover Dumbass said:
Remember: If Hillary Clifton had won two presidency UBER would be banned (no independent contractors), Vaping prohibited, Airbnb shuttered.

So I watched part of the ep when he visits Homer's house... I don't see the connection?
The whole episode is a deconstruction of Simpsons as a whole and it's pretty brilliant.

Homer is a fat, lazy idiot who has a secure, well-paying job despite having no qualifications or education. Beautiful wife, three kids, owns a nice suburban home. Went to space, toured with the Smashing Pumpkins, friends with a US President. He's worked for none of this and has just bumbled through everything and it's worked and everyone loves him.

Grimey started out at the bottom, has worked hard all his life to overcome his poverty, still got screwed over many times along the way and ends up as a very overqualified worker alongside Homer after getting passed up for a lucrative executive job by Mr. Burns... for a dog. The whole episode is him dealing with the frustration of knowing that he's worked his ass off for the little he had, while Homer worked for nothing and (seemingly) has everything.

As for the election, Homer is Trump and Grimey is Clinton. The unfairness perpetuates when you consider she actually won the popular vote, but the dumb "I want someone I could have a beer with" mentality among white midwesterners screwed her over.

"I got mine and/or got here legally, fuck you"
"I'm one of the good ones"
"I don't see color, stop race baiting"
"BOOTSTRAPS"

etc.

It's gaslighting for a lot of minorities in the South, at least. I've met black people who, after years of white people around them saying "you're one of the good ones" and "I wish those thugs could see how you act" and shit like that, start repeating those points like they're actually on even footing compared to white people here.

They're not of course, given the outright segregation that we still have here (which makes it easy to target state funds for white towns and not black ones).

I love how the Mormons in Congress are pretending that they wouldn't be next on the list after Muslims and Jews and aren't condemning Trump massively limiting Muslim immigration.

I wonder if they have an ounce of regret.

Ha ha ha ha ha, the only black woman in Congress who is a Republican (Mia Love) has tweeted #unbornlivesmatter and not #blacklivesmatter

Girl, deep down, they're never going to accept you. Never in a million years.

Standing up: #UnbornLivesMatter. #HydeAmendment #WomensHealthNotAbortion #AbortionIsNotHealthcare I believe in life, period. #utpol

https://twitter.com/RepMiaLove/status/823988733561151489

mo60

I just recognized something. If trump leads to the EC getting killed in the next four years or so which is not likely at this point he pretty much sealed his fate in the next election The EC was the only thing that prevented him from losing the election despite losing the popular vote by a bit over 2%.

Gruco

Banned
As for the election, Homer is Trump and Grimey is Clinton. The unfairness perpetuates when you consider she actually won the popular vote, but the dumb "I want someone I could have a beer with" mentality among white midwesterners screwed her over.

Why do so many people want to have a beer with a sociopathic serial sexual predator though?

Gruco

Banned
Super proud of my country for sentencing helpless Syrian children and the Iraqis who supported us for years to death today.

I love how the Mormons in Congress are pretending that they wouldn't be next on the list after Muslims and Jews and aren't condemning Trump massively limiting Muslim immigration.

I wonder if they have an ounce of regret.

Ha ha ha ha ha, the only black woman in Congress who is a Republican (Mia Love) has tweeted #unbornlivesmatter and not #blacklivesmatter

Girl, deep down, they're never going to accept you. Never in a million years.

https://twitter.com/RepMiaLove/status/823988733561151489

Worst part her parents emigrated together from Haiti in 1973 to get away from a brutal dictator

SMH I really hate what religion does to people. Her politics are so twisted CNN had her on yesterday ugh.

Trump is playing the Christian card pretty well

Maengun1

Why do so many people want to have a beer with a sociopathic serial sexual predator though?

The "regular folk" "who do I wanna have a beer with" vote went to the hate-filled, joyless, humorous monster asshole who doesn't drink over this apparently horribly unlikeable, shrill, boring harpyperson

gUlZl66.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom