• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Anyone know anyone working with/for the DNRC? I'm thinking of making some career changes and I'm interested in working there. They've got no job resources on their website tho.
If you're talking about the DNC, DNC Chair isn't getting elected until February, I think they're probably waiting for new leadership first.

You can also look into the DCCC or the DSCC.

Been thinking about this today, that if, let's say, people actually do #resist pretty well and Trump doesn't get away with much without mass public scrutiny. I imagine that leftist/centrist/BoB Trump supporters will go

"See? Told you it wasn't gonna be too bad."

And nothing will be learned.

kirblar

Been thinking about this today, that if, let's say, people actually do #resist pretty well and Trump doesn't get away with much without mass public scrutiny. I imagine that leftist/centrist/BoB Trump supporters will go

It will be learned by everyone able to vote.

The kiddiot 18-25yos who grow up under the next 8 year of D rule but who never voted for it are the big problem.

I'm sure it will be terrible not having all five of their votes come 2020

American really really doesn't like religious minorities ever.

C3MjCgcXUAUMgOP.jpg

C3Mjm33WYAEJivl.jpg

C3MjSHoWQAEV66M.jpg

While American politicians from that era deserve huge amounts of blame for allowing Jews to be slaughtered in Europe, the American people deserve a huge chunk of blame also because they made taking in Jewish refugees politically difficult.

Owzers

When Trump said it was early to talk about lifting Russian sanctions i assumed it was because he wanted to announce that after his phone call with Putin and saying how well it went.

Wondering what people think about removing minimum wage and instead tying minimum wage for individual companies to be tied to the wages of their highest paid individuals.

Whatever the CEO makes, you cannot pay your lowest paid worker less than that divided by 15 or divided by 20.

Hazmat

Wondering what people think about removing minimum wage and instead tying minimum wage for individual companies to be tied to the wages of their highest paid individuals.

Whatever the CEO makes, you cannot pay your lowest paid worker less than that divided by 15 or divided by 20.

Minimum wage is meant to ensure that workers can earn a fair living, not that there's a fair split between workers and management.

Any idea that starts with "removing minimum wage" is probably a bad idea.

Maledict

PPD - Presidential Policy Directives. These are national security directives, and sometimes are kept extremely secret. For example, no-one knows what is in or when Obama authorised PPD 29. The only reason we know it exists is because they jumped from PPD 28 on 17th January to PPD 30 on the 24th June.

So Obama signed a secret national security order at some point during those 6 months, but when and what we won't know for a long time if ever.

It sounds like nonsense? Why would the CEO of Microsoft be paid the same as the CEO of a tiny no name company just because the custodial staff at both earn $15 an hour. Or the converse, why would the custodial staff at Microsoft be paid $250K a year.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

UberTag

PPD - Presidential Policy Directives. These are national security directives, and sometimes are kept extremely secret. For example, no-one knows what is in or when Obama authorised PPD 29. The only reason we know it exists is because they jumped from PPD 28 on 17th January to PPD 30 on the 24th June.

So Obama signed a secret national security order at some point during those 6 months, but when and what we won't know for a long time if ever.
Good to know Russian sanctions can be lifted in a secret, non-disclosed PPD order to skirt accountability, a backlash of any kind from the public or to further incriminate themselves as being co-opted by the Russian government.

The public doesn't need to know these things.

I think we should have younger presidents, when you are pushing 70, you should not be trusted to think straight

Trump is senile, that is the only explanation

Good to know Russian sanctions can be lifted in a secret, non-disclosed PPD order to skirt accountability, a backlash of any kind from the public or to further incriminate themselves as being co-opted by the Russian government.

The public doesn't need to know these things.

Okay, so, I hate everything about this administration, but logistically I don't think it's physically possible to secretly repeal the sanctions, because if nobody knew they were repealed, they might as well not be.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds like nonsense? Why would the CEO of Microsoft be paid the same as the CEO of a tiny no name company just because the custodial staff at both earn $15 an hour. Or the converse, why would the custodial staff at Microsoft be paid $250K a year.
Perhaps this "Microsoft" (if such a thing were to exist) should be broken into smaller more manageable companies each with their own CEO?

Edit: this is sarcasm. Now the telecoms and oil companies...

Mr.Mike

Mostly it'd just make CEO compensation really weird.

So what are the chances of Presidential Policy Directive leaks?

Seems to me there has to be a leaker on the staff since the press has gotten lots of detailed drafts that Spicer gets pissed about. But can you leak PPDs if they are classified?

Would Trump really chance doing Russian deals in secret after all the messy rumors?

Ogodei

Trump tried to pull the Obamacare ads, everyone got super mad, and then Trump's team had to put the Obamacare ads back on and now he's fired up liberals to encourage people to sign up for Obamacare.

Masterful.

At this point, Trump could nuke Kentucky and Tennessee for no reason whatsoever and people would be calling it a distraction and part of a bigger play for Trump.

He has no clue what the fuck he's doing, unless he's been playing a 40-year long con of being a fool who fails upwards. His strategists might be smart, he very much isn't.

So what are the chances of Presidential Policy Directive leaks?

Seems to me there has to be a leaker on the staff since the press has gotten lots of detailed drafts that Spicer gets pissed about. But can you leak PPDs if they are classified?

Would Trump really chance doing Russian deals in secret after all the messy rumors?

Yes. Yes he would.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Mostly it'd just make CEO compensation really weird.
Like stunt stuff like only taking a dollar salary and being heavily compensated through stocks and options (with a side helping of slush fund expense accounts)?

Good thing our current system doesn't have those problems.

If you're talking about the DNC, DNC Chair isn't getting elected until February, I think they're probably waiting for new leadership first.

You can also look into the DCCC or the DSCC.

No the Democratic National Redistricting Committee that's Eric Holder is heading up. Obama has said he plans to devote a lot of his time to it in the next 4 years.

I was going to go for the DNC if Dean was in charge but alas.

Mike M

Nick N
God, I would be delirious with joy if Trump's delusion about having won the popular actually led to him somehow ending the electoral college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom