• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrorist recruiting is about to jump and we will probably get attacked in the next 4 years. This probably does a lot to help radicalized vulnerable people already here

Pixieking

Banned
Shouldn't the mass dismissal of the entire senior management staff of the State Department trigger a hit for #8?
I mean, these were largely long-time diplomats that had worked under multiple Democrat and Republican administrations.

I thought that was mass resigning, not dismissal? Though, even if it was, the (assumed) pressure on that Park Service employee would hit #8.

Terrorist recruiting is about to jump and we will probably get attacked in the next 4 years. This probably does a lot to help radicalized vulnerable people already here

I think it'll also signal a step-up in ISIS attacks on US soil. They will take the immigration ban as a win, and then push to show that even with that ban, US citizens aren't safe. The ban will also will do nothing for American citizens who are ISIS recruits but born and raised in the US.

Gruco

Banned

Good thing Trump is properly respecting all of our international intelligence alliances.

Diablos

Yeah. All of this is going to just incite those who want to hurt us. If they had any reservations a about doing something before I can't help but think Trump will inspire them to follow through with their intent to attack us to the best of their ability. Stirring the hornet's nest and all of that.

kirblar

Why aren't any dems out making sweeping oppositional speeches? what's going on behind the scenes? everything seems so awfully quiet.
BECAUSE IT IS NOON.

This was kept secret and popped up in the middle of the night. People on the WC are just waking up to this shit.

This is not something anyone knew about or was prepared to respond to.

https://whitehouseinc.org

Please use this website to leave messages with your concerns with Trumps businesses. This will randomly connect you to either a resort, hotel or golf course. Trump only understands money, and if the resistance cam stop legitimate business from happening then we hurt his bottom line. Please use this. Please leave a message with whatever front desk you get connected to.

And I've asked this before because I can't make a thread. Will someone please post a thread about this in the OT. I can't as I'm a junior. Please!

You know how we talked about Shadow President Pence?

I'm starting to think we ended up Shadow President Steve Bannon.

Painfully true. It may be unrealistic of me but I'm hoping that Ryan and Pence and the GOP are waiting for Trump to be at his lowest so they can swiftly remove him and Bannon from the office.

Diablos

Painfully true. It may be unrealistic of me but I'm hoping that Ryan and Pence and the GOP are waiting for Trump to be at his lowest so they can swiftly remove him and Bannon from the office.
They're drunk with power and a feeling of moral and religious superiority. Don't write fanfics in your head.

Democrats are in chaos right now because all of this happening too fast to get a cohesive message out. And I'm sure trumps executive order today will do something horrendous again

Diablos

I hope Obama's vacation is over soon.
Yes, so he can waste his post Presidency on combating a fascist. He's worked harder than any President of my lifetime and he can't even have the satisfaction of riding off into the sunset, something he deserves more than any of his living predecessors.

Democrats took him for granted and Republicans pissed in his face at nearly every opportunity. It is fucking disgusting.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Democrats are in chaos right now because all of this happening too fast to get a cohesive message out. And I'm sure trumps executive order today will do something horrendous again

Right now he is talking to Putin. So we can only wait.

C3RkVLeWIAEimv7.jpg

UberTag

I thought that was mass resigning, not dismissal? Though, even if it was, the (assumed) pressure on that Park Service employee would hit #8.
The resigning was protocol. That's what happens when any new administration takes over. It's a formality.
In every instance except this one, those resignations are disregarded until a proper assessment of one's capacity in the position is determined.

I mean, we had a diplomat on a plane to Rome for a conference have his plane turned around and re-routed back to the States so he could clear out his desk.
Does that sound like someone who wanted to leave the State Department to you?

Dems are in chaos? Trump is running his presidency into the ground and denying House/senate leadership time to focus on a legislative agenda. Literally every day he has said or done something outrageous. There is no strategy here. Democrats have an excuse to obstruct the shit out of him now, and it seems like even some republicans won't be going along with lifting Russian sanctions for instance.

Diablos

Dems are in chaos? Trump is running his presidency into the ground and denying House/senate leadership time to focus on a legislative agenda. Literally every day he has said or done something outrageous. There is no strategy here. Democrats have an excuse to obstruct the shit out of him now, and it seems like even some republicans won't be going along with lifting Russian sanctions for instance.
Someone drunk and suicidal driving on the wrong side of the road is running his life into the ground as well. But he's doing it at at expense of the person he slams into, also. Same logic really. This is bigger than Trump being a fuckup. He's sinking the entire ship, man.

kirblar

Seriously. People do not like chaos, and Trump is Chaos incarnate. The euro-led expectation that the Dems act like a parliamentary opposition party is so completely misguided.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
You guys are still in your bubble. Trump is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. If the election were today, he'd beat Hillary again.

Now, once his actions continue to inflict more pain on more people, including his base losing healthcare and seeing that the factories aren't opening back up and the economy isn't improving....... Then the needle starts to move and we can begin dreaming of a one term presidency.

kirblar

You guys are still in your bubble. Trump is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. If the election were today, he'd beat Hillary again.

Now, once his actions continue to inflict more pain on more people, including his base losing healthcare and seeing that the factories aren't opening back up and the economy isn't improving....... Then the needle starts to move and we can begin dreaming of a one term presidency.
Depends entirely on if this is enough of a counter-factual for the bothsiders who sat out.

Gruco

Banned

Comey hasn't made any announcements about Hillary lately, so this actually seems unlikely.

edit - Kirblar, not just the both-siders either, but also the 3rd wayers/Perot voters who thought he wouldn't be a Republican.

I do think this is the case although it could fall apart a lot faster than one term. But him signing a bunch of crazy shit is exactly what his voters wanted.

They're gonna have to feel some of the consequences first.

Dude has 42% approval in what is supposed to be a grace period.

Don't have to worry about how Clinton would stack up in a rematch because she's not running again. Our nominee in 2020 just needs to have significantly less baggage. Clinton would have won if the emails didn't rear their ugly head one more time before the election.

Diablos

Hillary could win in today's environment I think. Enough liberals who sat out or voted third party likely have remorse and a bunch of country bumpkins who understand that ACA=Obamacare would have probably been enough to move the needle. Also lots of Trump voters feel betrayed already. We just needed PA and another rust belt state.

Also I think we would have got FL had it not been for Comey's letter. Those people in the panhandle are a prime example of those who really thought Comey saying "lol jk" at the end was a "rigged system" against them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hillary could win in today's environment I think. Enough liberals who sat out or voted third party likely have remorse and a bunch of country bumpkins who understand that ACA=Obamacare would have probably been enough to move the needle. Also lots of Trump voters feel betrayed already. We just needed PA and another rust belt state.

Also I think we would have got FL had it not been for Comey's letter. Those people in the panhandle are a prime example of those who really thought Comey saying "lol jk" at the end was a "rigged system" against them.

Also, a lot of Trump voters didn't think he'd actually do what he did. They didn't think he was this guy, you can see it in practically every interview with them.

Comey hasn't made any announcements about Hillary lately, so this actually seems unlikely.

edit - Kirblar, not just the both-siders either, but also the 3rd wayers/Perot voters who thought he wouldn't be a Republican.

Yep, there's a reason why that Justice Democrats thread turned into a bloodbath immediately.

royalan

And yet some Democrats will still break ranks. Because, you know, don't want to appear too obstructionist against the literal fascist.

Nazi family member asked me: "oh, so you want to live next to Muslims?!?"

Motherfucker, I live at student housing for Ph.Ds, there's a lot of people from Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia here.

Not that they would be intelligent enough to be around the many Muslims Ph.Ds.

royalan

Nazi family member asked me: "oh, so you want to live next to Muslims?!?"

Motherfucker, I live at student housing for Ph.Ds, there's a lot of people from Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia here.

Not that they would be intelligent enough to be around the many Muslims Ph.Ds.

Did you call him a motherfucker?

Dude has 42% approval in what is supposed to be a grace period.

Don't have to worry about how Clinton would stack up in a rematch because she's not running again. Our nominee in 2020 just needs to have significantly less baggage. Clinton would have won if the emails didn't rear their ugly head one more time before the election.

Quinnipiac University says its more like 36%. Rasmussen Reports says its 59%

But yeah. People need to stop bringing up Hillary.

Gruco

Banned
Random aside, but, I visited with some old friends a couple weeks ago. I had a good amount of time in town so there was plenty of time to reflect on the election.

One, a couple, talked about how upset they were that Democrats were just too animated by social issues. Racism couldn't have been a big driver because all those people voted for Obama. Really, we just need more democrats to campaign on higher taxes and universal health care.

The other said she spent her entire Christmas break getting drunk with her boyfriend's pro-Trump family, taking the election head on, and talking about her experience with vs. their assumptions about minorities living in the US.

It was like a perfect microcosm of how people are reacting to the election. But it sucks when people say the latter response is the one that hasn't learned anything.

dramatis

Trump released his first weekly address on Youtube.

It's only 2m 40s

I haven't clicked on it, but I wonder if they let you rate down the video lol

Dierce

Exactly what will happen. Shit like this will radicalize US citizens and further escalate republican and orange turd's tyranny. It is as if they are looking for an excuse to take more draconian measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom