• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are getting crazier and crazier if Trump (and America) survives the next month without a complete and total breakdown I'd be shocked.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
This came out yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...63470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.d885e6be5b5c

Journalist says Omarosa Manigault bullied her and mentioned a ‘dossier' on her

Ryan, a veteran White House correspondent for the American Urban Radio Networks, used the same phrase repeatedly in an interview. ”She stood right in my face like she was going to hit me," Ryan said. ”I said, ‘You better back up.' . . . She thought I would be bullied. I won't be."

Spicer did not respond to a request for comment.

The argument apparently stemmed from emails that Manigault sent to Ryan during the presidential campaign.

”This story suggests that as a reporter, you are (or were) a paid Clinton surrogate," Manigault wrote in the email. ”I pray this is not true! This could be hurtful to your legacy and the integrity of your work."

Manigault sent a second email to Ryan a few minutes later. It read, ”Protect your legacy!! You have worked too hard to have people question your ethics as a journalist. People talking trash about the reporters on that list having NO integrity. It's hurtful to hear people say those things about you."

Ryan said she was devastated by any intimation that she was unethical. ”It's just ugly," she said. ”She's trying to harm my integrity and my career. I've been [covering the White House] for 20 years. I plan to be here for the next 20 years. You don't mess with someone's livelihood."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is my worry. I feel like the Democrats aren't hammering this home. We'll see what happens in the next few days, but they need to go on the attack

Yep--I'm confused as to why nobody has said anything yet. Perhaps they're organizing now.

Even his SC nominee seems stalled lol

I sort of forgot he even named someone. I think the Democrats will have a super easy time just never allowing the SC nominee until further notice.

It turns out electing the party of small government into complete power is detrimental to actually getting anything passed within the government.

Gruco

Banned
I love how rapidly Republicans move to weaponize anything that's ever been used against them. From Bush - > Obama vacations, to "fake news" to now apparently "man the word 'dossier' sounds bad I should start using it more."

Blader

I truly believe this Flynn resignation is just euler's number dimensional chess to distract us from Shulkin's confirmation as VA secretary.

Who's left to confirm now? Ross, Pruitt, Mulvaney, Perdue, McMahon? Have Perry and Carson already gone through?

Sianos

I love how rapidly Republicans move to weaponize anything that's ever been used against them. From Bush - > Obama vacations, to "fake news" to now apparently "man the word 'dossier' sounds bad I should start using it more."
They're weaponizing the power of BOTH SIDES, intentionally or unintentionally.

jtb

Banned
Aw poor Greenwald, flailing to spin this as "all poor Flynn wanted was better relations with Russia!"

Fucking idiot.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It sounds like the dems and meida are using the GOP playbook.

What did the president know about ______ and when did he know it?

For the GOP ____ was Benghazi

It sounds like the dems and meida are using the GOP playbook.

What did the president know about ______ and when did he know it?

For the GOP ____ was Benghazi

That's the standard question since Watergate.

And the underlying accusation here is much, much bigger. Nice try at "both sides"-ing it though!

EDIT: 3x NINJA'D!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
it's from watergate

Good. Love me some -gate language.

This is the Howard Baker line from watergate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0sNwyV_fEM

I didn't know that

But can you blame me? it was used alot by the GOP
That's the standard question since Watergate.

And the underlying accusation here is much, much bigger. Nice try at "both sides"-ing it though!

EDIT: 3x NINJA'D!

I'm not trying to "both sides" at all

I remember constantly hearing it during the benghazi incident for days on end

Blader

Speaking of which, I noticed the other day that All the President's Men is streaming on HBO now. Think I'm gonna queue that up to (re)watch this weekend.

Funny enough, Howard Baker was a Republican Senator from Tennessee. Can see his University building from my Apartment.

Back then they put country before party.

Only because of insistent reporting from the papers. The break in was in 1972 and nixon didn't resign until 1974. It wasn't till July 1973 when the tapes were revealed

Vixdean

Is this Flynn-gate

Or Russia-gate

Or Putin-gate

The list goes on.

These are the tough questions we need the media to answer

Part of the problem with Dems is they aren't really good at perpetuating a media narrative on shit like this. If this were a Democrat, you'd have GOP hacks screaming "TREASON" 24/7 on cable news. We need Democrats doing the same exact thing right now, for the next 2-4 years.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Part of the problem with Dems is they aren't really good at perpetuating a media narrative on shit like this. If this were a Democrat, you'd have GOP hacks screaming "TREASON" 24/7 on cable news. We need Democrats doing the same exact thing right now, for the next 2-4 years.

Seriously, They need to scream to the hills that Republicans are committing treason.

Wilsongt

Asked on Tuesday morning about the conspicuous silence of Republican leadership about the resignation of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY) dismissed the scandal.
“Well, it’s Valentine’s Day and I guess they’re having breakfast with their wives,” Collins said during a CNN interview with Chris Cuomo. “Really, all I can say is I’m sorry to see Gen. Flynn go. I don’t know the details of what transpired. I do know Gen. Flynn, I know that he’s very loyal to President Trump, I know he’s a great American.”

Sure Jan

Ooh, if the media is boarding the "what did _____ know about _____ and when did they know it?" train, that's code for shit is about to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom