• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

rec0ded1

LOL republicans

Well he is a labrador
Kk5vnY3.jpg

So I have started to pay attention to who he is calling on for questions and who the different members of the WH Press Corp are.

Today he called on Fox News THREE times for questions, along with the crazy at The Federalist Papers, and as far as I can tell he did not call on CNN once.

Also, my favorite journalists right now are Hallie Jackson from NBC and April Ryan of the American Urban Radio News Network. They always grill the fuck out of Spicer.

The head of SOCOM is a bit worried.

Senator John McCain of Arizona issued a statement on Tuesday decrying the “dysfunction” of the nation’s national security apparatus. Gen. Tony Thomas, head of the military’s Special Operations Command, expressed concern about upheaval inside the White House.

“Our government continues to be in unbelievable turmoil. I hope they sort it out soon because we’re a nation at war,” he said at a military conference on Tuesday. Asked about his comments later, General Thomas said in a brief interview, “As a commander, I’m concerned our government be as stable as possible.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...prod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

So I have started to pay attention to who he is calling on for questions and who the different members of the WH Press Corp are.

Today he called on Fox News THREE times for questions, along with the crazy at The Federalist Papers, and as far as I can tell he did not call on CNN once.

Also, my favorite journalists right now are Hallie Jackson from NBC and April Ryan of the American Urban Radio News Network. They always grill the fuck out of Spicer.

Jim Acosta is with CNN, he got a question today

We are so fucked. Trump is not going to keep us safe from anything.

Trump was elected by fear and bigotry and his administration so far seems to indicate that the best way to govern is to sow more fear and bigotry, he'll protect us from non-threats and open the doors to all the worst threats we could imagine

Al those "both parties are the same" people must be very proud

No one actually paying attention thinks both parties are the same. Anyone parroting that line is either

Intellectually lazy and doesn't want to bother hearing about politics at all

Or

Sympathetic to Republican positions, but reluctant to be grouped in with the "racist redneck party".

Slacker

[OT] Trying to get past Flynnghazi so we can get back to the Nordstroms crisis

Meanwhile: Trump knew Flynn misled officials on Russia calls for ‘weeks,' White House says.

Love Easy D's quote when asked about the Wapo report detailing Comrade Flynn's communications with the motherland:

"I don't know about that. I haven't seen it. What report is that? I haven't seen that. I'll look into that," Trump told reporters on the plane.

If the @GOP is so keen on quoting Lincoln and wants to try a non-fake one for a change, might I suggest: "Truth is generally the best vindication against slander."

Trump juat signed a the bill of weaking regulations on gas, oil and mining

President Trump signed his first piece of legislation on Tuesday, a measure that could presage the most aggressive assault on government regulations since President Reagan.

The bill cancels out a Securities and Exchange Commission regulation that would have required oil and gas and mining companies to disclose in detail the payments they made to foreign governments.

It is the first of a series of bills Congress is considering that would take advantage of the Congressional Review Act of 1996, which had been used only once before today. The act gives a new president and Congress the power to revoke rules and regulations promulgated by the previous administration in its final 60 legislative days.

The previous time the review act was involked was in 2001 to overturn a Clinton administration regulation about ergonomics.

“It’s a big deal,” Trump said as he signed the measure in the Oval Office. “The energy jobs are coming back. Lots of people going back to work now.”

Scumbags can't even come up with bills for him to sign just using shit to repeal old stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...d93e90-f2cd-11e6-b9c9-e83fce42fb61_story.html

mo60

Trump's approval rating is still stuck at 40%on gallup. Not sure if that is today' update for his approval rating on gallup.

chadskin

F.B.I. agents interviewed Michael T. Flynn when he was national security adviser in the first days of the Trump administration about his conversations with the Russian ambassador, current and former officials said on Tuesday.

The interview raises the stakes of what so far has been a political scandal that cost Mr. Flynn his job. If he was not entirely honest with the F.B.I., it could expose Mr. Flynn to a felony charge.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/fbi-interviewed-mike-flynn.html

drip drip drip

edit: the official, verified Flynn Twitter account is back from the dead: https://twitter.com/genflynn/

So there's investigations on Russian inference in the election by the Senate and the IC, and calls for investigations on Flynn and Conway; only 25 days in.

Wag

Rumors are that Christie is going to be rehired to "keep Trump in line".

Uh, who's going to keep Christie in line?

Rumors are that Christie is going to be rehired to "keep Trump in line".

Uh, who's going to keep Christie in line?

Well I guess he has a history of letting his subordinates take the fall for him, so it's not a bad hire when you want to throw your staff under the bus.

Blader

lol @ the idea of Christie keeping Trump in line, after Trump just spent a year publicly humiliating Christie as his plaything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom