• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vimes

Man. Some liberals really hate Hillary. I mean they really really hate her.

That thread makes me want to die. For the first time in weeks I feel like it's not worth protesting, signing petitions, or doing anything anymore. Just stay at home, drink, and watch this country burn. We all deserve this.

How the hell to we solve the disparity between what makes a good legislator, and what makes a successful candidate? Are we destined to circle this drain forever?

tbm24

That thread makes me want to die. For the first time in weeks I feel like it's not worth protesting, signing petitions, or doing anything anymore. Just stay at home, drink, and watch this country burn. We all deserve this.

How the hell to we solve the disparity between what makes a good legislator, and what makes a successful candidate? Are we destined to circle this drain forever?
The only thing to do is really ignore those voices if hate. Clinton is gonna do whatever she decides to do. Those who focus their attention on her instead of Trump/GOP and the upcoming elections can't be relied on to begin with.

There is no way they would be able to draw new lines everywhere in one year. They would make the ruling for 2020 or 2022 after the census.
If a ruling came down in summer 2017 they could almost certainly rule on new maps for the 2018 election. Any later and it would probably have to be punted to 2020, yes.

badrang

Holy shit at the pewdiepie thread! Remind me to never wander into the gaming side again, I can only handle so much stupid.

Have self professed gamers always been this awful and self absorbed? The pewdiepie defense force is some of the cringiest shit.

sangreal

Holy shit at the pewdiepie thread! Remind me to never wander into the gaming side again, I can only handle so much stupid.

Have self professed gamers always been this shitty and self absorbed? The pewdiepie defense force is some of the cringiest shit.

I accidentally wandered into one of the previous pewdiepie controversy threads and yeah, it's sad to see the gaming side succumb to this shit. OT is next, I'm sure

Lol. You want Hillary Clinton at protests. What are you 12?

Also, while Mayor Pete would be fine and he has the most important endorsement of all...
Being at the Women's March isn't a reason he should have an operational/administrative DNC role.

Like, do you think the DNC chair is meant to be travelling around protesting? Again what are you 12.

Chumley

Banned

Have self professed gamers always been this shitty and self absorbed? The pewdiepie defense force is some of the cringiest shit.

Gaming side might as well be another forum entirely.

Have self professed gamers always been this awful and self absorbed? The pewdiepie defense force is some of the cringiest shit.

Yes? I mean look at gamergate... Yeah, that thread is fucked up.

Got

Banned

A lot of sheltered kids on gaming side. Their worldviews are shattered easily and their coping mechanism is to dig in.

Wilsongt

I avoid pewdiepie anything and that thread is 9 pages. Summary?

yes. video game players? less so

The ones who revolve their live around it are weird. OT posters tend to have more balanced interests than Gaming side only

jtb

Banned
The PDP thread is an interesting thread because this is basically the mentality that birthed the alt-right. PUA, MRA, Gamergate. It's all there.

NeoXChaos

another Hillary thread another 20 page hit piece on the woman who has served this country with distinction and grace. A shining example for public service and woman/children. The primary will never end for some folks.

another Hillary thread another 20 page hit piece on the woman who has served this country with distinction and grace. A shining example for public service and woman/children. The primary will never end for some folks.

Shit it's far more than the primary. 30 years of Republican smear tactics combined with a toxic amount of sexism left over from the 90s has worked and people don't even realize it. The funny thing will be when Gillibrand runs and everyone will somehow be perfectly content.

Vimes

Kamala Harris' team posted this picture of her at the Oroville dam today on FB and Twitter. My speculation that she might want to run for president just went into overdrive.

C5Y4eyfWcAEPQF9.jpg

She might as well just announce and begin her campaign right now since Trump already did.

You're probably half joking, but in the current climate there's a real advantage to keeping the Rs guessing for as long as possible. Like, the sole reason they succeeded last year was because they called Hillary's run 20 years ago and have been working against it ever since. The less time they have to really dig into our 2020 guy (or gal), the better.

Holmes

Lol. You want Hillary Clinton at protests. What are you 12?

Also, while Mayor Pete would be fine and he has the most important endorsement of all...
Being at the Women's March isn't a reason he should have an operational/administrative DNC role.

Like, do you think the DNC chair is meant to be travelling around protesting? Again what are you 12.
I am 12 and what is this

Yeah, pretty much, unfortunately. GamerGate happened for a reason. People being obsessed over an article titled "Gamers are over" which had the thesis that because everyone plays video games now and the hobby is so widespread that the label is pointless but getting mad at it anyway because they didn't read it and it "sounds like" it was being bad and mean to gamers and thus becoming convinced that it's necessary to fight for "ethics in gaming journalism" which oh-so-conveniently just happened to involve harassing women and only women journalists...

But yeah, it's definitely not limited to just the PewDiePie threads. See also the threads on harassment people receive in Overwatch and Rocket League and people coming up with the stupidest shit to defend the harassment or trying to write it off as no big deal. And then there was the one where people lost their shit that a professional tournament would have the gall to ban teabagging and actually try to keep things professional last month. But yeah, stuff like that's been around for a while and unfortunately doesn't seem to be going anywhere any time soon.

Crocodile

The PewDiePie thread is, for whatever reason, so wonderfully entertaining for me. Its just...incredible

The inner machinations of the brains of some people are a complete mystery to me is all that I will say. Also what is "context" or "nuance"? Also a lot of people not reading the things they criticize.

I get it, but can we not thread shame in here? It's weird.

Less thread shaming more......kink shaming?

HOW DARE YOU REFER TO THIS POWERFUL INFLUENTIAL WOMAN AS A QUEEN?

Seriously
I think we should go with Empress #kappa

Looks like Perez might win tomorrow. Howard Dean is such a chump for not running.

I'm sure this is going to go well with the "the DNC robbed us!" folks. Fuck. I like Tom Perez but he doesn't strike me as the "can unite people who will probably be bitterly divided" type. Maybe he'll surprise me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Welp i guess there goes the 'independent' investigation. Rachel Maddow basically explaining the WaPo story that the heads of those investigations are under instructions from the White House to say 'nothing to see here'. shit

Kaban

Interesting article on some of McMaster's views.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/us/politics/hr-mcmaster-trump-islam.html?_r=0

H.R. McMaster Breaks With Administration on Views of Islam

WASHINGTON — President Drumpf's newly appointed national security adviser has told his staff that Muslims who commit terrorist acts are perverting their religion, rejecting a key ideological view of other senior Drumpf advisers and signaling a potentially more moderate approach to the Islamic world.

The adviser, Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, told the staff of the National Security Council on Thursday, in his first ”all hands" staff meeting, that the label ”radical Islamic terrorism" was not helpful because terrorists are ”un-Islamic," according to people who were in the meeting.

Waiting to see how his actions affect the administration, but it's nice to hear this rhetoric from at least one person in the WH. Hope he stands up to him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom