• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Probably mentioned already, but PPP found 38% of Trump voters think protesting President Trump should be illegal. It's getting hard to keep up these days, can someone verify that these are all Conservative principles?

- Ignoring what the Constitution says
- Unnecessary military spending
- Federal govt tells states what to do regarding marijuana
- Implement Christian sharia law
- $25 billion wall for no reason with no way to pay for it

literally wanting people to die.

there-it-goes-the-last-fuck-i-give.gif

So .. Death Panels.

Wilsongt

This country is fucked for the next 4 - 8 years unless people stop being apathetic during midterms next year.

If Bannon decides to start a war to spread his anarchy, the long term ramifications are terrifying.

Chaffetz has a real sleazy interview on NPR this morning. Whining about being bullied at the town hall, saying he won't go on "fishing expeditions" on Trump, outright laughing aloud at Steve Inskeep bringing up all the ways Trump is violating emoluments and profiting off the office (i.e. all the Mar-a-Lago stuff), etc. He just keeps saying he needs to see evidence before investigating, and Inskeep is like, isn't that why you investigate? He hems and haws about his committee not having manpower and pretends there might be investigations going on that haven't been "pre-announced." Having the gall to act offended at Cummings pointing out how differently he has pursued Hillary Clinton.

Someone take him down next election.

He's at the very top of my shit list. Such a fucking disgusting coward.

Wilsongt

Remember what I posted yesterday about Gohmert not having the balls to have a town hall and then citing what happened to Gabby Giffords as a reason?

Well, Gabby basically told him to grow a pair.

Lol

Ogodei

I know she won the popular vote by three million blah blah blah but Hillary needs to disappear for at least a year. The wounds are much too fresh.

Disappear until we have another Dem president at least, certainly until Trump is gone, because he keeps trying to make this about her, and it only makes him look stupid if she's not, in fact, involved.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Hindl

Can somebody explain this to me?

His tax bill is dead. His health care plan taxes employee health benefits, meaning it's probably dead, too.

What, exactly, has this guy done to get where he is?

Well he's never been in an actual position of power, so he's been able to concoct all the crazy bullshit he wants. All of his proposals reflect Republican values in small government, and he's young, charming, and can come off as intelligent. Much like Rubio he was seen as a rock star, but once you actually push him to do something you realize he has no substance

dramatis

Bunch of people telling Hillary to go away.

Bunch of people asking "so where's Hillary huh" when it comes to protests and statements and tv shows.

So which one is it. How which way do you still want her to bend to please everybody.

tbm24

I agree that Hillary needs to just go away, the role she is trying to play here needs to be done by the likes of Obama and Biden

The role she plays is not the same role Obama or Biden would play. She's not gone away for the past decades despite everything, she's not going to suddenly go away now. The constant want to push away members on your side is short sighted, especially when Trump and friends get worse by the day.

The role she plays is not the same role Obama or Biden would play. She's not gone away for the past decades despite everything, she's not going to suddenly go away now. The constant want to push away members on your side is short sighted, especially when Trump and friends get worse by the day.

Hillary is directly connected to Trump being in office and many people still hold resentment towards her and her campaign. One of her major issues was the fact that she had been around Washington for decades, the last thing people want associated with the party right now. All she is at this point is a pinata for Trump to beat with a stick about how bigly he beat her and how much she sucks. She needs to go away.

Bunch of people asking "so where's Hillary huh" when it comes to protests and statements and tv shows.

So which one is it. How which way do you still want her to bend to please everybody.

For me at least, it's a Chicken/Egg thing. She's had multiple chances to appear at protests, but she didn't. She's had multiple chances before now to condemn Trump, but even in this she isn't condemning him. She spent 3 months ruminating over losing to Cheeto Hitler, and she then has the audacity to try and thank the DNC Leadership who went along with her mistakes?

She had her chance to make her stance, but she didn't when it would have been relevant. Where was she during the Woman's March protests? I'd much rather have her stay away from the Democrats now, especially since Trump likes to use her as a cudgel to batter Democrats.

FyreWulff

Don Bacon (R-NE) has announced he's not going to do town halls, after making doing town halls a major point of his candidacy when he was running against Ashford.

Crocodile

I dunno 'bout y'all but I'm too angry at Trump & the Republicans to really give two shits what Hilary does one way or the other. Maybe redirect that frustration with her towards literally anything constructive?

I guess they want her to join protest movements but not be involved with the party.

People is a plural, it means more than one person.

So, it's both....

tbm24

Hillary is directly connected to Trump being in office and many people still hold resentment towards her and her campaign. One of her major issues was the fact that she had been around Washington for decades, the last thing people want associated with the party right now. All she is at this point is a pinata for Trump to beat with a stick about how bigly he beat her and how much she sucks. She needs to go away.

You need to rethink who "people" are in this case. Hillary may be divisive to various groups of people, but that isn't the case for all. Her being directly connected to Trump being in office because she lost is irrelevant. My wife is a big Hillary fan and was devastated when she lost. She's hoped for her to return because she respects her as a woman and inspiration especially for my upcoming daughter. She's not alone in feeling that way, I know many women at work who worked their asses off for Hillary during the campaign and still support her. Saying she needs to go away because you want her to is silly.

Wilsongt

Don Bacon (R-NE) has announced he's not going to do town halls, after making doing town halls a major point of his candidacy when he was running against Ashford.

Cowards. All of them.

I don't think I have ever actually hated a group of people in my life more so than I do a vast majority of the current Republicans in congress and Trump's cabinet.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

A competent DNC would be stockpiling these comments in individual files for use in 2018/20/22.

dramatis

For me at least, it's a Chicken/Egg thing. She's had multiple chances to appear at protests, but she didn't. She's had multiple chances before now to condemn Trump, but even in this she isn't condemning him. She spent 3 months ruminating over losing to Cheeto Hitler, and she then has the audacity to try and thank the DNC Leadership who went along with her mistakes?

She had her chance to make her stance, but she didn't when it would have been relevant. Where was she during the Woman's March protests? I'd much rather have her stay away from the Democrats now, especially since Trump likes to use her as a cudgel to batter Democrats.
Everyone, and I mean everyone, always forgets about Hillary Clinton is that she is a human being too. She has the same human rights you and I do too. She has the freedom to choose what she wants to do now, more than she has had in 30+ years. If she chooses to do this over that or that over whatever else, why the fuck would you get mad over anything she does as a person?

Have we graduated from wanting not only to control a woman's vagina but also a woman's public appearances?

Are we getting to the point where we can't appreciate anybody just showing up to thank people who helped them, we have to shit on expression of thanks in the process? Is an expression of thanks considered some entertainment fake act to stay 'relevant'?

Here is a properly 'relevant' thread for you.

Tall4Life

PoliGAF isn't a hivemind, different people want different things from the same person. Who would've thought it?

Honestly I'd be happy to see more of Hillary Clinton. I want her to come back from this loss and start speaking out more and doing more public appearances. I'm pretty over any disappointment I held against her after her loss. While I think she could have ran a better campaign I don't think its fair to be blaming her for the position we are in now.

It's not an issue of her becoming a face of resistance, we have plenty of those right now. What mattered to me is that her and Bill were radio silent post-election, in a time when noise was being rightly made against Trump. Her silence was the issue to me.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, always forgets about Hillary Clinton is that she is a human being too. She has the same human rights you and I do too. She has the freedom to choose what she wants to do now, more than she has had in 30+ years. If she chooses to do this over that or that over whatever else, why the fuck would you get mad over anything she does as a person?

Have we graduated from wanting not only to control a woman's vagina but also a woman's public appearances?

Are we getting to the point where we can't appreciate anybody just showing up to thank people who helped them, we have to shit on expression of thanks in the process? Is an expression of thanks considered some entertainment fake act to stay 'relevant'?

Here is a properly 'relevant' thread for you.

Can you please point out where I said she wasn't allowed to make her own choices? I said that I personally don't think Clinton should be in the public eye because after the election she was virtually invisible. She didn't show at any of the Women's Marches, instead being at a Democratic fundraiser.

I'm not shitting on her, but the fact is that the Women's Marches were these protests over the actions of Trump and she didn't attend any of them. She is more then allowed to thank those who helped her/who are standing up for Progressive values, but the platitudes of thanks feel off considering her relative silence post-election.

Also, it was a typo, chill out on attacking me for not 100% praising Clinton for her thanks.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
https://twitter.com/Noahbierman/status/835197971562115072

Breitbart, OANN, Washington Times are all in White House briefing. CNN and NY Times (and LA Times) not allowed in.

Talk about a safe space.

There is more.

No CNN, New York Times, BuzzFeed News, Politico.

https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/status/835198292225110017

There is more. Now.

https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/status/835199440898125824

AP and Time boycotted the gaggle today because of the way it was handled.

Well, Shit. This is a mess, we're what, a month in and Trump's already on the"Completely shut out critical media" stage of Fascism?

Breitbart, OANN, Washington Times are all in White House briefing. CNN and NY Times (and LA Times) not allowed in.

Talk about a safe space.

There is more.

There is more. Now.

This is bad

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

Talk about a safe space.

There is more.

There is more. Now.

Sounds like it's time for the MSM to stop restraining themselves and showing deference then.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

Talk about a safe space.

There is more.

There is more. Now.

Was this at CPAC "gaggle" or at the White House daily press briefing?

What is "the gaggle"?
Like an ad hoc presser mini-QA at CPAC. Not "official" (but totally official since it's the fucking administration)

Chichikov

You want Clinton at the protests?
I generally like Clinton and I'll be the first to admit she's pretty bad at this type of things, plus you're bound to have at least a couple of people there who would throw insults at her (and that's the best case scenario, it can turn much worse than that).
Why would you do that?
What exactly would that achieve?

If the "real" media has balls, they'll all walk out. Would go a long way toward trusting them ever again. That or perhaps ask questions and say that they're doing a personal favor for a reporter than was kept out.

But seriously, this should scare people shitless. This is actual censorship; the government is directly inhibiting the actions of the free press in an attempt to lessen their outreach. Pretty sure this is +2 on the "fascism checklist," for both suppressing the media and acting out personal vendettas.

jtb

Banned
If the "real" media has balls, they'll all walk out. Would go a long way toward trusting them ever again. That or perhaps ask questions and say that they're doing a personal favor for a reporter than was kept out.

But seriously, this should scare people shitless. This is actual censorship; the government is directly inhibiting the actions of the free press in an attempt to lessen their outreach. Pretty sure this is +2 on the "fascism checklist," for both suppressing the media and acting out personal vendettas.

When their colleagues get kicked out, it just means that they're getting an exclusive!

I expect the beltway media to fail this test, as they always do.

You want Clinton at the protests?
I generally like Clinton and I'll be the first to admit she's pretty bad at this type of things, plus you're bound to have at least a couple of people there who would throw insults at her (and that's the best case scenario, it can turn much worse than that).
Why would you do that?
What exactly would that achieve?
I know that she's not good at that stuff, but at the very least the act of showing up at one of the events would show solidarity with the protestors. It's an action that would be the start of a hopeful reignition of the Democratic base.

I can't speak for what it would achieve, but at the very least Clinton's vanishing after her defeat just feels fundamentally off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom