• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure is comforting knowing that if we somehow survive the next 4 years the economy and environment are probably going to be left in a catastrophic state that will never be repaired if the Democrats and Republicans continue to play flip flop every election.

Gillibrand transforming from a moderate to a super progressive is amusing though.

I mean, Gillibrand was originally opposed for Hillary's Senate seat because she voted like a racist and now Gillibrand is starting her presidential campaign by voting like the racist president is not legitimate.

I'm not going to complain, but it's funny.

And Gillibrand would have won by 7 points against Trump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gillibrand transforming from a moderate to a super progressive is amusing though.

I mean, Gillibrand was originally opposed for Hillary's Senate seat because she voted like a racist and now Gillibrand is starting her presidential campaign by voting like the racist president is not legitimate.

I'm not going to complain, but it's funny.

And Gillibrand would have won by 7 points against Trump.

I admit, back when Hillary vacated the seat I wanted Kennedy. I was really pleasantly surprised by Gillibrand's evolution.

Kusagari

Even if we survive Trump, it's pretty clear the flaws in our system of government aren't going to improve.

The countries influence and power will probably be destroyed in our lifetime because of those flaws getting worse and worse.

Gillibrand is like anti-Kyrsten Sinema.

Sinema ran for her first race as a Green/Leftist party, and was one of the most leftist members of the state senate. And now she's a member of the Blue Dog Coalition and endorsed by the Chamber of Commerce.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Danielle Paquette Verified account
‏@DPAQreport

Hearing the White House told Commerce staffers they can't publish anything without WH approval, including market research for US exporters.

The United States is turning into Russia. I really, really wish Reagan were actually alive to see this.

Controlling the message every chance they can get. Hiding what they don't want public. Pushing what they do. Scariest thing I've read in weeks.

Edit: And Spicer just lied about gag orders. Said "We'll look into it." Insane.

Just a friendly reminder that as of now, the CDC and FDA cannot share any information with Congress or the media as they're under the HHS umbrella.

Wheeeeeeee.

I foresee much more leaks in the future from all of these departments.

The best way to guarantee a crazy amount of leaks is to try and prevent anyone from talking about stuff in the first place. Trump's administration is even more paranoid than Nixon's and it's going to hopefully lead to his undoing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 2m2 minutes ago

Spicer says POTUS continues to believe "based on studies and information he has" that illegally-cast ballots caused him to lose popular vote

TRIPLE DOWN

Guess these are the same sources about Obama's birth certificate.

Reporter: Will you investigate voter fraud?

Spicer: He won very handedly...he's very comfortable with his win...There have been studies, there is one that came out from Pew in 2008

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/823968409645891584

So essentially Trump thinks the system we use to vote is ripe with voter fraud, but has no real interest in investigating it because he won. This. Is. The. Fucking. President. Of. The. United States!

Plinko

I have a feeling this administration is the reason the media in the U.S. finally gets back on the right track.

Joy ReidVerified account
‏@JoyAnnReid

Now @seanspicer confirms the purpose for which MLK was used. Claims meeting with him = meeting with Civil Rights Leaders.

Joy Reid ‏@JoyAnnReid 4m4 minutes ago

OMG @seanspicer just said Jeff Sessions' civil rights record is "exemplary" and that he was a "forceful advocate" of the Voting Rights Act.

Wilsongt

Joy ReidVerified account
‏@JoyAnnReid

Now @seanspicer confirms the purpose for which MLK was used. Claims meeting with him = meeting with Civil Rights Leaders.

Joy Reid ‏@JoyAnnReid 4m4 minutes ago

OMG @seanspicer just said Jeff Sessions' civil rights record is "exemplary" and that he was a "forceful advocate" of the Voting Rights Act.

Lawd jesus

For real though it seems like Trump has not been able to stop reliving the campaign over and over again in his head and the GOP is using the first few days to shove through as much as they possibly can. At what point does Paul Ryan finally get rid of Trump because he has no ability to govern? Like it can't be easier working with Trump than it would be with Pence. It just can't.

For real though it seems like Trump has not been able to stop reliving the campaign over and over again in his head and the GOP is using the first few days to shove through as much as they possibly can. At what point does Paul Ryan finally get rid of Trump because he has no ability to govern? Like it can't be easier working with Trump than it would be with Pence. It just can't.
The problem is if they get rid of Trump it will probably hurt them in 2018 and 2020 because Trump has the support of the voters. To voters it will look like the establishment is trying to steal power and Trump is being crucified. They are better off just stroking Trump's ego and getting him to pass whatever they want, especially since it seems like Republican voters are happy with the way things are going and do not even realize how messed up the country is becoming.

The problem is if they get rid of Trump it will probably hurt them in 2018 and 2020 because Trump has the support of the voters. To voters it will look like the establishment is trying to steal power and Trump is being crucified. They are better off just stroking Trump's ego and getting him to pass whatever they want, especially since it seems like Republican voters are happy with the way things are going and do not even realize how messed up the country is becoming.

Isn't civil unrest bad for business, though? If Trump had really high approval ratings I'd see the point, but he doesn't and they aren't going to get any better. Pence would be a bitter pill that half the country would probably swallow just to get rid of Trump.

If Trump's SC justice lives to be 80, I'll be almost 60 when Trump's influence on the country will end

How nice

If the country continues to get more progressive and the supreme court continues to get more conservative, at what point can we just change the rules so they don't have as much power or sway? Because I'm not a huge fan of living out the sins of our fathers.

If the country continues to get more progressive and the supreme court continues to get more conservative, at what point can we just change the rules so they don't have as much power or sway? Because I'm not a huge fan of living out the sins of our fathers.
I think if it got so bad our country was crippled, they could pass a law to add more justices, to water down the old terrible picks

Congress can change the number of justices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom