• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can count on one hand the number of things Republicans -- including Trump! like about ACA and promised to keep intact, and number one among them was pre-existing conditions. They've said over and over again for months that they're going to keep that. The fact that they're considering gutting it now in order to pass the bill is unbelievable in its hypocrisy.

It's also incredibly stupid politically. Shit like this helped us make 2006 happen. By all means, try again!

Teggy

You can count on one hand the number of things Republicans -- including Trump! -- like about ACA and promised to keep intact, and number one among them was pre-existing conditions. They've said over and over again for months that they're going to keep that. The fact that they're considering gutting it now in order to pass the bill is unbelievable in its hypocrisy.

That's coming in parts B and C, duh!

Trump just wants to sign something, he would pimp out his daughter to be able to say he got rid of Obamacare. The details don't mean shit to him

I'm skeptical of sufficient Republican senators opposing it if it passes the house. I think the real victory of the Tea Party is not just having its own politicians but it's ability to scare the "moderates" into working with them. Is Portman or someone really going to oppose it?

I'm skeptical of it passing the house, but we'll see.

New ? CNN reporting that there's info suggesting Trump associates meeting with Russians.

They have people giving the thumbs up on releasing information.

Slizeezyc

Republicans, why would you intentionally try to F your own base. That's some crazy ish to try and kill something that's not even very unpopular.

HFC holds all the cards, and they will get what they want to get it out of the House

See, what's really funny is... they don't. They really don't. There's only, what, 30 HFC members? If the Republicans could bring themselves to moderate even a little bit, just enough to pull in centrist Dems, that'd be the ball game. Literally the only thing giving HFC power is the Republicans' fear of appearing "weak" on fighting the libruls, but I'd put money on that not even being something they have to worry about in most of their districts.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think there's no doubt it passes. But can they do stuff like get rid of coverage requirements through reconciliation?

I think there's no doubt it passes. But can they do stuff like get rid of coverage requirements through reconciliation?

No. Doesn't have a direct relationship to the budget. If they were willing to stretch the definition of what budget reconciliation works on to that extent, they'd just nuke the filibuster.

kirblar

This getting leaked to CNN has to be a direct response to Nunes' WH visit.

Once it leaked to Trump's team, there's no choice but to make it public.

The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

Hello Roger Stone

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
This getting leaked to CNN has to be a direct response to Nunes' WH visit.

Once it leaked to Trump's team, there's no choice but to make it public.

I thought that but don't like dropping conspiracy theories.

Especially since it is from US officials.

Wild card bitches!

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/latest-biden-defends-health-law-capitol-rally-145456547--politics.html

The conservative Koch network is promising to spend millions of dollars to defeat the health care overhaul backed by President Donald Trump and top House Republicans.

The network's leading groups, Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Partners, announced late Wednesday the creation of a special fund to support House members who vote against the bill.

Spokesman James Davis says the current proposal doesn't do enough to repeal President Barack Obama's health care law. He says, "We're going to be there to help these people for taking a principled stand."

Davis describes the fund as "seven figures" to provide paid ads and other grassroots support in the 2018 election.

I think there's no doubt it passes.

Hadn't noticed from you posting 2-3 times a page that you were certain it was going to pass :p

Never heard of him

Trump: "I barely even know the guy!"

The Media:
150808184524-trump-stone-campaign-harlow-00021212-large-169.jpg

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
This latest "revelation" by Nunes, isn't that referring to the Russian Mafia investigation in Trump Tower in 2013 or when ever?

How does that come close to Trump's wiretapping claim when that was specifically during and after his campaign and the actual investigation was years ago before he was even running? Why isn't the media (or anyone else seemingly) pointing out the timing difference here?

Or has that investigation been ongoing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom