• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

Lol Mo Brooks... Still a no.. Calls it Republican welfare bill.. Says they would blame the position that obama put them... Wants full repeal period lol..

Intel chair Devin Nunes unsure if Trump associates were directly surveilled

ABCNEWS said:
The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Devin Nunes, R-Calif., does not know "for sure" whether President Donald Trump or members of his transition team were even on the phone calls or other communications now being cited as partial vindication for the president's wiretapping claims against the Obama administration, according to a spokesperson.

"He said he'll have to get all the documents he requested from the [intelligence community] about this before he knows for sure," a spokesperson for Nunes said Thursday. Nunes was a member of the Trump transition team executive committee.

At a press conference yesterday, Nunes announced he obtained "dozens of reports" showing the U.S. intelligence community -- through its "normal foreign surveillance" -- "incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition."

But Nunes never said Trump or any of the president's associates personally participated in the communications that were intercepted.

Nevertheless, Nunes called it a "significant" development, and President Trump later said it "somewhat" vindicated his controversial Tweets two weeks ago alleging that President Obama wiretapped him and his campaign.

Based on the limited amount of information provided by Nunes so far, it's possible that foreign officials were overheard talking about Trump transition team members, one intelligence official speculated, as opposed to transition members participating directly in the communications.

But Nunes never said Trump or any of the president's associates personally participated in the communications that were intercepted.

What. The. Fuck.

So all Nunes saw were transcripts of people legally surveilled who where talking about the Trump Transition?

What. The. Fuck.

So all Nunes saw were transcripts of people legally surveilled who where talking about the Trump Transition?

May this mark the beginning of the end. May the narrator state, "This is where they fucked up big time."

May this mark the beginning of the end. May the narrator state, "This is where they fucked up big time."

Record Scratch:
So this is where you're wondering how America became a post apocalyptic wasteland. Well, we have to start somewhere, and I guess it was that day that Nunes leaked like a bad diaper.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
So what is the prevailing idea on what happened with Nunes? We know he's a stooge for Trump, but was he fed bad info to test if he'd leak? did he panic? Is he a moron? All of the above?

Chumley

Banned

What. The. Fuck.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

FyreWulff

So what is the prevailing idea on what happened with Nunes? We know he's a stooge for Trump, but was he fed bad info to test if he'd leak? did he panic? Is he a moron? All of the above?

Given the open secret that the intel orgs are withholding info from Trump because it might be getting passed to Russia, his massive loyalism streak/purge hair trigger, Nunes definitely got fed information to see if he'd run back to Trump (and therefore sidestep Congress/the IC). He did so almost instantly.

We live in a strange world where Congress and the IC have to counter-op the White House.

Ryan played him to get the presidency
is my fan fiction.

Ryan is gone soon. His healthcare bill wasn't healthy for his political aspirations.

Given the open secret that the intel orgs are withholding info from Trump because it might be getting passed to Russia, his massive loyalism streak/purge hair trigger, Nunes definitely got fed information to see if he'd run back to Trump (and therefore sidestep Congress/the IC). He did so almost instantly.

We live in a strange world where Congress and the IC have to counter-op the White House.

This is what i feel happened

When Trump goes down, I want the entire fucking Republican party going with him. That's two fucking presidents in 50 years who have been outright criminals(No, Nixon resigning to avoid his punishment doesn't count as "not a crook").

Let them have to live with the fact that they're a bunch of fucking morons who have to subvert the Democratic process to win. Even when they win, they can't govern anything without fucking up and creating their own lame duck Government.

Vestal

The best deals.. The greatest negotiator of our lifetime... Trump knows how to close.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA

You chose the wrong hill to die on fucktard.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nunes told Hannity today that he ran straight to Trump to help him out because "he's taken a lot of heat in the media."

Get this guy off the committee IMMEDIATELY.

Surfinn

Nunes told Hannity today that he ran straight to Trump to help him out because "he's taken a lot of heat in the media."

Get this guy off the committee IMMEDIATELY.
How he can get on national tv and say this shit without being fired is beyond me.

Getting a bill passed (and signed) would be virtually impossible regardless of which republican nominee became president, but I think you could argue Trump played this worse than anyone else could possibly have. He's displayed a jarring ignorance of the bill or what's in it, making it impossible confidently sell. He basically stamped his name on something he didn't read and figured his name alone would carry it to victory. And when it came time to negotiate he failed on every level, not seeming to understand the dynamic between the extremists and moderates.

But the biggest loser here is Paul Ryan. It's hard to see him lasting as Speaker. This was a disaster from the start in large part due to the Boy Wonder expecting the world to buy what he was selling with a no return policy.

Getting a bill passed (and signed) would be virtually impossible regardless of which republican nominee became president, but I think you could argue Trump played this worse than anyone else could possibly have. He's displayed a jarring ignorance of the bill or what's in it, making it impossible confidently sell. He basically stamped his name on something he didn't read and figured his name alone would carry it to victory. And when it came time to negotiate he failed on every level, not seeming to understand the dynamic between the extremists and moderates.

But the biggest loser here is Paul Ryan. It's hard to see him lasting as Speaker. This was a disaster from the start in large part due to the Boy Wonder expecting the world to buy what he was selling with a no return policy.

Who else would be willing to captain the SS Shitshow is Ryan left the helm?

Paul Ryan is an empty haircut, a completely talentless small time politician who has failed his way up in the world because he has been willing to take jobs that no one else really wanted.

Does that ultimatum have a chance of working? Like realistic worse case scenario

I think the ultimatum is more about shifting blame to House Republicans.

Trump really wishes he could be as good as LBJ at getting what he wants...

also the republicans being far more disorganized than I ever thought possible has done a good job easing my anxiety somewhat.

I think with Bush, Kasich or Rubio you would have seen an emphasis on "repairing" Obamacare, making a few tweaks and throwing in something for Democrats to ensure its passage. Like not a public option or anything, maybe not even related to healthcare, but enough to make up for losing the Freedom Caucus. This of course is completely hypothetical and probably still would have fallen through, but it'd have a better chance of passing than Trump's monstrosity.

I agree that Trump's complete disregard for the details will sink this, as well as many of his other proposals. They have nothing to rally around. It's not like Obama wrote ACA by himself, but he had the broad outline and understood what it did. Trump wouldn't give two shits if Ryan sent him a bill that fully repealed Medicaid so long as it made it to his desk and he got to say he repealed Obamacare. Hell if Dems won Congress next year and sent him a bill tweaking ACA I suspect he'd sign it just to make himself look good.

Trump really wishes he could be as good as LBJ at getting what he wants...

also the republicans being far more disorganized than I ever thought possible has done a good job easing my anxiety somewhat.
Trump doesn't know who LBJ is.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

It will pass and the news will show the house floor applauding Paul Ryan.

Does that ultimatum have a chance of working? Like realistic worse case scenario

It *could* work if Trump & his aides were running to the media and spinning this as being a House GOP issue. But he ain't putting in the spin work to get that narrative off the ground, and he'd need to do so now in order for it to stick. Instead, he kept confidently saying they were coming together & having Spicer ensure the nation that this was going to be voted on & passed tonight.

Given the circumstances regarding the HFC & their constituents being some of the larger voter volume states Trump has, this ultimatum was actually one of the worst moves he could've done.

pigeon

Banned
I think with Bush, Kasich or Rubio you would have seen an emphasis on "repairing" Obamacare, making a few tweaks and throwing in something for Democrats to ensure its passage. Like not a public option or anything, maybe not even related to healthcare, but enough to make up for losing the Freedom Caucus. This of course is completely hypothetical and probably still would have fallen through, but it'd have a better chance of passing than Trump's monstrosity.

I mean, I think they would've done better than Ryan did, but at the end of the day this isn't on Trump. This is the result of the GOP's coalition fracturing. Basically, the Republican Party is actually three or four different parties right now that all call themselves the same name.

There's a reason the GOP spent eight years without producing an actual health care plan to run on. There isn't a solution that both the pragmatic plutocrats and the Randians will support, except not passing Obamacare, and not passing Obamacare is no longer an option.

Need one of those meme pictures of the nervous guy trying to pick a button.

1) Straight repeal, needs 60 Senate votes
2) Reconciliation only, not enough House votes

This is the ONE DAMN THING Trump campaigned on most, and he's willing to give up on it after all of 2 days of personal lobbying. Laaaaaaaaaazy. Why didn't they start work on this thing when the Congressional term started, anyway? Would have had plenty of time to try to work something out if they started 8-10 weeks ago. It's not like Trump has had any personal input into the law or had anything to do with it being drafted.

so who's next in line for speaker when Ryan gets booted?

Nobody wants to deal with the circus of the Freedom Caucus.

But the GOP has turned the Democrats into enemy #1, so they can't even get a moderate who will work with both sides.

So you end up with Ryan being forced to stay on despite having no reputation and no actual power, or you throw up some other numbskull to be a fall guy until the Democrats take over the job in 2018.

Well played trump, make the Republicans keep Obamacare by showing them how bad alternatives are, that's the crazy thinking Americans voted for

For all that Ryan's done I'm fairly certain he could be replaced by Representative Tooby Fore , America's first Lumber American, and it would be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom