• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I mean how can you repeal the EHB. It's just unconscionable.

Anyway at the end of the day this is still rethuglicans voting to get rid of Obamacare. The question is if the ehb can get through reconciliation. I imagine no?

Slizeezyc

Seriously, what in the fuck was Nunes thinking? There's no rational reason to do what he did when this is the result within 24 hours. How can someone be so dense?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Seriously, what in the fuck was Nunes thinking? There's no rational reason to do what he did when this is the result within 24 hours. How can someone be so dense?
I suspect he's asking himself those very same questions. I don't think he understands what he's dealing with, except that he's scared.

I'm telling you guys, back Representative Tooby Fore for Speaker. He's part of the foundation for a greater America. He's as American as you can get, and he's got more charisma then Paul Ryan.

If anyone ever gives Pelosi crap in this thread or anywhere, make sure someone points to this fiasco and Paul Ryan for why you need the right person for the job and when the right person exists, keep them.

If anyone ever gives Pelosi crap in this thread or anywhere, make sure someone points to this fiasco and Paul Ryan for why you need the right person for the job and when the right person exists, keep them.

Pelosi is a legend. I'd hope this disaster makes people realize how hard this shit actually is, why majorities alone don't guarantee victories, why horse trading/compromises happen, and why leadership matters. Not just the Speaker, but the president. A lot of democrats ended their political careers for Obama, to get the ACA passed.

Slizeezyc

I don't get what the Freedom Caucus is even about. They're not libertarians, right? So they want some government involvement, right? But they just don't want government involved in healthcare in any capacity, or is it a "bootstraps" thing?

Like, what's even to negotiate with them about on healthcare?

Vestal

Pelosi is a legend. I'd hope this disaster makes people realize how hard this shit actually is, why majorities alone don't guarantee victories, why horse trading/compromises happen, and why leadership matters. Not just the Speaker, but the president. A lot of democrats ended their political careers for Obama, to get the ACA passed.

Pelosi suffered from the same illness that Hillary suffered.. She is a woman in power. She has been demonized by the right as the next satan.

I don't get what the Freedom Caucus is even about. They're not libertarians, right? So they want some government involvement, right? But they just don't want government involved in healthcare in any capacity, or is it a "bootstraps" thing?

Freedom. The purest sweetest freedom only a full repeal back to 2007 can deliver

They want no subsidies and no covering pre-existing conditions.

Slizeezyc

They want no subsidies and no covering pre-existing conditions.

But what do they think that solves? Didn't we already see it wasn't working back then? It's perplexing; I'm not even thinking about this from a "left" or "right" mindset, just what happened, happened. Why wouldn't it happen again but even worse because of a rollback?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They only care about the deficit and don't GaF about covering poors.

Will they vote for a tax cut if it's not deficit neutral?

They only care about the deficit and don't GaF about covering poors.

No. They don't give a fuck about the deficit either. If they did they wouldn't be advocating for all these tax cuts and increased defense spending. They want Imperialism and an Authoritarian Leader.

Sharpeye

Republicans have basically wrapped a noose around their own neck with their one hand on the trap door lever and the other hand holding a gun to their head while screaming to themselves, "If you don't pull the lever I'll shoot!!". How they put themselves in such a lose/lose situation is a sight to behold.

Slizeezyc

No. They don't give a fuck about the deficit either. If they did they wouldn't be advocating for all these tax cuts and increased defense spending. They want Imperialism and an Authoritarian Leader.

Oh so the FC is like the Andrew Jackson people? Wasn't sure which Repubs that was, thought maybe that was the white supremacists Repubs, but I assume there's some crossover?

teiresias

CNN reporting right now that they don't have the votes and this entire thing is hinged on Trump's threat working

lol

I'm trying to remember if Obama ever actively threatened other Democrats during the ACA process. I honestly can't remember, but it would seem to be well out of character for him. The fact that the only thing Trump ever knows how to do is threaten just shines a light on how horrible a leader in any capacity he is since he can't bring people together, only antagonize - whether it's his own supporters or the "other".

CNN reporting right now that they don't have the votes and this entire thing is hinged on Trump's threat working

lol

How is this threat even going to work?

The Freedom Caucus view this bill and ACA as one and the same. They don't care for either, and don't want either, and have seized immense control of the party from this move.

The moderates don't actually want ACA to be repealed after their town hall meetings traumatized them. They just were willing to go along with it because there was a chance maybe the bill wouldn't be insane.

If something they have literally been campaigning on doing for 8 years goes like this, stuff like Trump's infrastructure bill, are going to be basically impossible to do.

teiresias

OMG, the front page of HuffPo, LOL!!!

vBof9y4.png

If something they have literally been campaigning on doing for 8 years goes like this, stuff like Trump's infrastructure bill, are going to be basically impossible to do.

Yeah if they had pulled infrastructure off and peeled off democrats first he would have had big capital going forward. He's blown his credibility in 2 months

Yeah if they had pulled infrastructure off and peeled off democrats first he would have had big capital going forward. He's blown his credibility in 2 months

I can just imagine the Freedom Caucus

After a hurricane:
"Okay, but we need you to cut Social Security before we'll offer aid to Florida"

Ryan gave them an inch and now they run the party. He let them control him. They've completely dominated the discussion of this bill and gave fence leaners an easy out to also vote no because others are in the herd and more visible and they don't have to worry as much about being singled out.

So like lets say this doesn't pass the House tomorrow. What then? How does Paul Ryan even go forward?

0b0d8aa2af7d12afd64cb8fa9d0fec45_pink-slip-texas-1100-plus-pink-slip-clipart_600-552.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom