• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Nunes comment makes absolutely zero sense.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Aww I missed the fun discussion.

Wall Street needs more regulation. No it won't fix everything. The fastest way towards curbing inequality probably is as simple as aggressive taxation, and I say that as someone with a credible chance at capital gains in the millions of dollars within the next few years.

Cities are awesome. People move where they want to move, largely. Gentrification pushes against this and is bad and can be fought with proper political operation on the local level.

Centralized power is inevitable if you're going to lead anything like the sort of life we're accustomed to. I don't just mean "having iPhones" I mean "having cities of more than a hundred thousand people"

On what planet? Wall St is code for the upper class, financial excesses, and greed. Not the white, uncaring middle class. If someone was calling me middle class, I'd be very offended.

while yeah, technically the middle class are the bourgeoise, it is quite common amongst the middle class and those under to think that bourgeoise are the 0.1%, a la rich kids of instagram

Was errywhere when i was in a private school, oddly.

I particularly like how old money despises new money.

Pixieking

Banned
I assume everyone reads the WaPo, but just in case people miss it

Trump administration sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia
The Trump administration sought to block former acting attorney general Sally Yates from testifying to Congress in the House investigation into links between Russian officials and the Trump campaign, the Washington Post has learned, a position that is likely to further anger Democrats who have accused Republicans of trying to damage the probe.

According to a series of letters reviewed by The Post, Yates was notified earlier this month by the Justice Department that the administration considers a great deal of her possible testimony to be barred from discussion in a congressional hearing because the topics are covered by the presidential communication privilege.

So trump is on tape? With people under FISA surveillance? That's what I am getting from this.

I think this has more to do with the fact that Yates briefed the WH on Flynn and other things and the WH wants to be able to feign ignorance on those topics. If Yates told the WH about Flynn's connections to Turkey, for instance, then they have some serious explaining to do for why they kept him in his position for weeks after that briefing.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
200.gif

Me reading the news everyday and just waiting for the spark on this powdered keg.

sphagnum

Banned
Bourgeoisie hasn't meant middle class in ages, like since they defeated the old aristocracy to become the masters of the universe by owning the means of production. Hence people use it as a synonym for rich hence people confuse it easily with WALL STREET since The Bankers control everything man

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I think this has more to do with the fact that Yates briefed the WH on Flynn and other things and the WH wants to be able to feign ignorance on those topics. If Yates told the WH about Flynn's connections to Turkey, for instance, then they have some serious explaining to do for why they kept him in his position for weeks after that briefing.
This makes more sense thanks. Didn't think about how Yates communications with the president were what the considered protected.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Suspicious package found near White House grounds, Secret Service investigating.
I was just listening to an NPR story about postmates testing autonomous delivery robots in DC and what a nightmare that would be from a security standpoint. I'm sure drones are covered by no fly zones but what about wheeled robots?

JustinT

Neo Member
Is there any truth to "Obamacare will implode if we don't do anything!"? I keep hearing it, and my dad loves repeating it.

My uneducated guess is that the only thing that would cause it to implode would be republicans crippling it in some way. Am I wrong?

Totakeke

Is there any truth to "Obamacare will implode if we don't do anything!"? I keep hearing it, and my dad loves repeating it.

My uneducated guess is that the only thing that would cause it to implode would be republicans crippling it in some way. Am I wrong?

According to the latest pod save america episode, that is indeed the case.

Cities are awesome. People move where they want to move, largely. Gentrification pushes against this and is bad and can be fought with proper political operation on the local level.
I agree, I can't wait to move! I don't think anyone was really disagreeing with cities being awesome.

Centralized power is inevitable if you're going to lead anything like the sort of life we're accustomed to. I don't just mean "having iPhones" I mean "having cities of more than a hundred thousand people"
I mean, the New Dealers did a pretty good job of it and we got the postwar economy at the same time so I don't think this is true? I don't think monopoly power is a natural consequence of urbanization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom