• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially.

That said, is it nevertheless collusion and obstruction of justice?

It's cancellation of a public hearing run by a House committee. This doesn't impede the actual FBI investigation in any way. Basically the WH and Nunes are just trying to control what info is out there for public consumption, but with leaks and the FBI investigation eventually concluding they're just delaying the inevitable.

Owzers

The GOP on climate change is so gross. We can't let the environment get in the way of business, but we all care about clean water and air.

The GOP on climate change is so gross. We can't let the environment get in the way of business, but we all care about clean water and air.

Fun fact is business as a whole is moving on with clean power. It is the lobbying effort being so entrenched from the fossil fuel industry is why they still go down this road.

Vixdean

Fun fact is business as a whole is moving on with clean power. It is the lobbying effort being so entrenched from the fossil fuel industry is why they still go down this road.

Yeah it makes no sense. There's way more money to be made in renewables going forward than coal, especially renewable + natural gas. The only reason to stick with dirty energy is to stick it to liberals. Basically the political version of driving around in a pickup truck with smoke stacks.

I got the feeling from that briefing that the press already has the other shoe on this Yates thing and wanted the WH to confirm or deny they considered invoking executive privilege before dropping it.

It's amazing that Nunes is still trying to get away with this shit while everything indicates that it's time to use the old "resign from the committee and spend more time with my family" move.

How the hell does he even meet with that committee again after this? Especially considering the fact that the Senate investigation is still going on. How does he try to hold a town hall during the April recess or ever again? Unless Trump starts a full blown war this week this shit is gonna follow Nunes everywhere.

He doesn't. That's why he cancelled all committee meetings this week!

True, but what does he do next week? People there are still gonna be asking him questions because this investigation is probably gonna go on for years at this point. Trying to be in charge of a committee while making sure that the committee never meets again doesn't seem like a sustainable option.

Blader

It's amazing that Nunes is still trying to get away with this shit while everything indicates that it's time to use the old "resign from the committee and spend more time with my family" move.

How the hell does he even meet with that committee again after this? Especially considering the fact that the Senate investigation is still going on. How does he try to hold a town hall during the April recess or ever again? Unless Trump starts a full blown war this week this shit is gonna follow Nunes everywhere.

He doesn't. That's why he cancelled all committee meetings this week!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood 24s24 seconds ago

Pelosi on why Trump repeats selling-across-state-lines as health-care solution: "I think the president says it because he remembers it"

Pelosi is amazing.

broz0rs

I'm wondering though what can the Dems do to get a fair hearing involving Yates asides from publicly complaining? You got Pelosi, Schumer, and the top Democrat on the committee, Schiff, all demanding Nunes to step down. The Republican are just like NOPE end of story.

I'm wondering though what can the Dems do to get a fair hearing involving Yates asides from publicly complaining? You got Pelosi, Schumer, and the top Democrat on the committee, Schiff, all demanding Nunes to step down. The Republican are just like NOPE end of story.

Wait for the FBI to step in

If they don't, wait for the media to step in. Anything the president tries to block will eventually get leaked and they must know that, since they're desperately trying to move the story towards prosecuting leakers.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Senate already confirmed they're going to bring Yates in for testimony, even though the invite isn't official yet.

Surfinn

BURR tells me Kushner intvw will be private and "likely" under oath; says Senate Intel planning to hold presser tomorrow

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/846785200768126976

At least the Senate is getting stuff done.

Wonder what they're gunna say in the presser? Unless Nunes obstructs enough to cancel it somehow?

Likely under oath.

"Before we go in there, are you going to lie?"
"I had planned to, yes."
"Oh. No oath, then."

"Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

"I can't recall"

Surfinn

He can't get the Senate stuff canceled. Unless he sneaks into the Senate and plants a suspicious package.

Nunes can't do shit. House and Senate are different.

I know that was kinda my point. Wouldn't be surprised if he found a way. I hope he doesn't somehow fuck it over anyway. Like a late disappearance into the night then the next day the WH demands the senate intel committee to cancel the meeting because they aren't authorized, or some shit.

House Majority Whip: "We are closer to repealing Obamacare today than we were on Friday."

So I guess nobody told him?

Poor thing

This isn't being put to a vote again, it's far too toxic. Estimates were a hundred or more Republicans were going to vote no on it. It was a disaster.

This isn't a fight they want to have again. They're also out of time.

Ryan specifically advocated that the health care bill was still the best path to defund Planned Parenthood, a key conservative agenda item. The Wisconsin Republican said the health care bill was a better option for defunding the organization than including the provision in the upcoming must-pass spending bill.

So yea, they haven't learned. If they try again it'll end the same exact way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom