• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll wait for the polls to close before calling it, even if it's a foregone conclusion.

There was actually some hullabaloo in the 80s-90s on the West Coast where people were pissed off that the news would call the presidential election before every state had the chance to vote.

A specific example I know of is the 1980 election, when the networks called the election for Reagan on the basis of exit polls at the beginning of election night and this did lead to complaints that it may have had an impact on West Coast turnout and theoretically could have impacted some races there.

The networks agreed to change their policies in response to this sort of criticism at some point (I'm not exactly sure when). If you watch 1992 coverage, for example, it's not hard to read between the lines and figure out that Clinton was going to win, but they dance around it instead of stating it outright.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It's an administration talking point. Mattis said something similar after the strike.

C9KOIPlW0AQFJDX.jpg
He forgot to mention vietnam. I mean agent orange was technically targeted at plants but we sure used a shit ton of it on the Vietnamese people.

Candidate Percent Votes
James Thompson (Democratic) 61.5% 14,226
Ron Estes (Republican) 37.0% 8,563
Chris Rockhold (Libertarian) 1.4% 325
Write In (Unaffiliated) 0.2% 36
0% Reporting, 23,150 Total Votes

Early vote. Um.

mo60

Thompson only has around 61% of the vote in Sedgwick right now according ot early votes. He needs to get around 58% of the vote in Sedgwick to win the special election.

mo60

If Estes is winning counties trump won by like 40% by only single digits in early voting Estes may end up losing the special election.Combine that with Thompson possibly win Sedgwick county by 15%+ this may not end up being a good night for the GOP.

Teggy

Let me get your hopes up a little more before they are cruelly dashed

Dave Weigel‏ @daveweigel
Thompson campaign tells me that its #s from Sedgwick County early vote are "higher than expected." #ks04
8:18 PM · Apr 11, 2017

Boke1879

I doubt we win this, but if we can just close the margins a bit.

I would hope that would have some sort of impact in those R+2 elections.

Teggy

So much insane stuff going on today (has the CNN Nunes article even been discussed?)

edit: removed because it was taken out of context

Boke1879

Whether Estes clings to victory or not, it's clear this is going to be a much closer race than it had any right to be.

That's my take.

Didn't they have Trump do robocalls and pump a lot of money into this? They shouldn't have had to do that.

Just close the margins, and we can look at getting some seats in 2018 and 2020

Honestly, if we lose by anything less than 5% you're gonna see absolute chaos on capitol hill as all the Rs in +9 or less districts freak the fuck out. If we win... well we're not gonna win. But it'd be like a bomb went off.

So much insane stuff going on today (has the CNN Nunes article even been discussed?)

Sessions didn't say that. He omitted the filth comment from the actual written speech which was released beforehand and he was referring to the gangs and the cartels, etc. Hence why it's being reported. Still doesn't stop Sessions from being a racist, drug war dinosaur, "tough on crime" douche but there you go.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Honestly, if we lose by anything less than 5% you're gonna see absolute chaos on capitol hill as all the Rs in +9 or less districts freak the fuck out. If we win... well we're not gonna win. But it'd be like a bomb went off.

Shame that the Repubs will have 19 months to enshrine into law that voting while Democrat is illegal.

Teggy

Sessions didn't say that. He omitted the filth comment from the actual written speech which was released beforehand and he was referring to the gangs and the cartels, etc. Hence why it's being reported. Still doesn't stop Sessions from being a racist, drug war dinosaur, "tough on crime" douche but there you go.

My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom