• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump did say he was going to "look into" a lot of things and most of his executive orders are just that. Not worth the toilet paper they're printed on.

RoKKeR

Man, fuck Trump. Going after two national monuments in Utah.

The monuments covered by the review will range from the Grand Staircase in Utah created by President Bill Clinton in 1996 to the Bears Ears monuments created by President Barack Obama in December 2016 in the same state, covering millions of acres of land overlying minerals, oil and gas.

Obama's administration created the Bears Ears monument arguing that it would protect the cultural legacy of Native American tribes and preserve "scenic and historic landscapes." But Utah's governor and the state's congressional delegation opposed the designation, saying it went against the wishes of citizens eager for development.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Q Will you sign a CR to continue funding the government if it doesn’t include --

THE PRESIDENT: The wall is going to get built, by the way. Just in case anybody has any question: The wall is going to get built, and the wall is going to stop drugs, and it’s going to stop a lot of people from coming in that shouldn’t be here, and it’s going to have a huge effect on human trafficking, which is a tremendous problem in this world -- a problem that nobody talks about -- but it’s a problem that’s probably worse than any time in the history of this world. Human trafficking, what’s going on.

The wall is going to get built, and we’re setting record numbers in terms of stopping people from coming in, and stopping drugs from coming in. You see the numbers down 73, 74 percent. I will say, Secretary Kelly -- formerly General Kelly -- is doing an incredible job. And I was just with him a little while ago, and he said we definitely, desperately need the wall. And we’re going to have the wall built. I mean, I don't know why people are talking. I watch these shows, and the pundits in the morning -- they don’t know what they’re talking about. The wall gets built -- 100 percent. Thank you very much.
So much for Trump not watching shows that upset him, hah.

Blader

Secretary Kelly -- formerly General Kelly

Do you think he had to throw that in because he thinks "secretary" sounds like an effeminate title and needed to remind everyone that Kelly is in fact a strong man?

Also, I think Kelly has said that the wall as envisioned by Trump isn't happening. :lol

I'm hard pressed, aside from Sessions, to think of a more evil bastard in power than Mulvaney. I'll never be able to wrap my head around his response to Meals on Wheels.

I mean at least we will have an amazing Military. Remember the admin can ask people to spend for defense, just not for food for people in need.

Wilsongt

I mean at least we will have an amazing Military. Remember the admin can ask people to spend for defense, just not for food for people in need.

I mean honestly. Why would we expect a single mother of two to pay out of pocket for meals for the elderly, when it's far more feasible for her to pay for a Strong Mitary Presence? I mean, how will those old people do anything for her in return?

Zolo

So I'm guessing not funding Obamacare’s cost-sharing subsidies is a non-starter for dems voting on the new budget?

studyguy

HFC is now on board with MacAurther amended AHCA.
Tuesday still out.

Also regarding tax reform:
C-WgX0uXgAAgEat.jpg

FyreWulff

3 brackets?

so quite literally a lower, middle, and upper class

edit: those companies are never repatriating their money short of being nationalized.

Lmo911

So the plan to just redraw the brackets differently so they can say "look how big the middle class is!" while dumping a bunch of rich people into a lower tax bracket?

FyreWulff

So the plan to just redraw the brackets differently so they can say "look how big the middle class is!" while dumping a bunch of rich people into a lower tax bracket?

p much. make the middle one bigger and then the top one super low taxation.

also the death tax only impacts the top half of the 1%. no regular joe schmoe pays death tax.

Blader

I think there are more important things to talk about than the social media accounts of the wife of failed Democratic primary candidate Bernie Sanders. She's always been a bit off for me.

She's the chief adviser for the Democrats' most popular national surrogate. He's not nobody and she's not nobody.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
1. The AHCA garbage is a ruse to make the right-wing nuts in the House look good for their nutty constituents. Senate will crush anything that comes its way and the House reps will just pass the blame.

2. That tax plan is exactly the one he proposed earlier this year, and remains a huge disaster. It will actually raise taxes on the poor and lower-middle class.

Blader

Matt Yglesias' headline on Vox re: Obama speaking fee is absolutely crazy. Which is doubly strange, because I do not normally find him to be a crazy inflammatory writer.

Can they even use reconciliation on this? Aren't they totally out of time? There isn't even time to have the CBO review it, let alone debate it, pass the house, debate in the senate, pass it again, finish it up in the house, and have Trump sign it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom